High Noon - No Turning Back (1990) (Eonian Records Reissue 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 09:28

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Eonian Records Reissue 2009)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 141 mb

Info:

Groove and Soul …they’re feelings that cannot be taught. You either have them or you don’t. They are what get you excited, get you off your ass and on your feet screaming and shouting ‘til the sun comes up the next morning. Groove and soul …that was HIGH NOON!HIGH NOON was formed in early 1989, when childhood friends and California natives, guitarist Ken Hitsman and bassist Sam Persons, left their previous bands to form one more to their liking. Ken was working at a local guitar repair shop, “Music Works”, when drummer and New Jersey native Mike Patterson came in one day. “I noticed Mike was wearing a Drummers Collective t-shirt,” recalls Ken. He then asked if he wanted to jam and the core was born. The three core members, along with friend and soon to be band manager Jim Foote, came up with the name "HIGH NOON". An ad was placed seeking a vocalist in a local music magazine called “Music Connection” and the audition process began.In June of '89, vocalist and recent Buffalo, New York transplant, Jim Zappa, spotted the ad, liked the name and made the call. Jim, unlike many others who auditioned, came in and started improvising on the spot. "I remember them running all over the rehearsal studio like it was a show" recalls Jim. “In addition to saying to myself 'who does this at rehearsal?’ I said, ‘this could be fun’ and started singing. That was how I came up with ideas anyway so it was a natural thing for me to do.” It was that skill and great range that landed Jim the gig. The band quickly wrote a set worth of tunes and booked the first of many HIGH NOON gigs on July 31st 1989.HIGH NOON was soon playing all over Southern California from 1989 to 1993. A majority of those shows were on the infamous Sunset Strip in Hollywood, California. Gazzarris, Whiskey a Go Go, Roxy and Troubadour all played host to HIGH NOON at one time or another. The band would also travel regularly to Orange County to perform at The Marquee. San Diego, Arizona and even Cabo San Lucas played host to HIGH NOON shows. Many of those shows were in support of national headlining acts of the day such as Badlands, Babylon A.D., Hurricane, and Rhino Bucket to name just a few.The band also established strong friendships with members of Badlands and Great White. Greg Chaison, bassist for Badlands, personally invited the band to open for them at a gig in San Diego. Great White keyboardist and guitarist Michael Lardie would help start the recording of the bands second demo. Later those same tracks were added to by friend and legendary producer Michael Wagener of Skid Row, Dokken and Stryper fame, which also mixed the entire demo. Working with “Wags” was an amazing experience, which the guys are still grateful for to this day.That demo was shopped to record companies and garnered some interest but unfortunately no deal was ever made. It did, however, gain the band some worldwide acceptance in Europe and Japan, even placing “Have My Heart” in a Top 10 chart in Belgium, Germany.Unfortunately, like so many bands before and after, HIGH NOON started having internal problems. Original drummer Mike Patterson left the band to attend to personal matters in February 1992. Former Funhouse drummer Jaime Harris replaced Mike. The band carried on with Jaime for about another year and a half, but with the coming of grunge the writing was on the wall. HIGH NOON played its last show on August 15th of1993 and rode off into the Hard Rock sunset.

Album:

In 2009, Indianapolis based Eonian Records has unleashed a bunch of classic hard rock acts on the unsuspecting public. Judging from my first couple of spins of High Noon’s “No Turning Back”, I am going to want to hear a lot more of the music that Eonian has to offer.Hign Noon’s “No Turning Back” is packed with a bunch of catchy tunes that no hair metal fan is going to be able to resist. Why on earth these guys didn’t get signed is beyond me. Their music is easily comparable to a bunch of stuff that I enjoyed in the early nineties (i.e. Roxy Blue, Tora Tora, Sweet F.A. etc.).Singer Jim Zappa has a pretty good range, that reminds me a lot of Whitfield Crane (from Ugly Kid Joe). Ken Hitsman dishes out some pretty tasty guitar licks on this disc. Some of my favorite cuts are “High Noon”, “Bad Moon Risin”, “Just Like A Woman” and “When the Night Comes”.If I would have heard this CD back in the day, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and I am glad to have it in my collection now. I recommend it to all fans of the big hair era of rock.No Turning Back is available for purchase in the HRH music store at this link. For more information on High Noon, and to listen to songs from ‘No Turning Back” check out the band’s myspace page.

Line-Up:

Jim Zappa – Lead & Backing Vocals
Ken Hitsman – Guitars & Backing Vocals
Sam Persons – Bass & Backing Vocals
Mike Patterson – Drums
Jaime Harris – Drums on Bed of Lies, & Weight of the World
Ken Hitsman – Guitars , Bass & Drum Sequencing on House of Glass

Tracklist:

01. High Noon
02. Bad Moon Risin'
03. Rude Boy
04. Don't Come Runnin'
05. Have My Heart
06. Skatin' On Thin Ice
07. When The Night Calls
08. Just Like A Woman
09. Who Do You Think You Are?
10. Around Midnight
11. Faith Hope And Love
12. Bed Of Lies
13. Weight Of The World
14. House Of Glass

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných