Starbreaker - Love's Dying Wish (Japan Edition) (2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Jún 2020, 08:25

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Starbreaker is a heavy metal/hard rock band signed on Frontiers Records. The band has released two full-length studio albums.Starbreaker started as vocalist Tony Harnell's side project while he was still in TNT, after recording the TNT album All the Way to the Sun in 2005. Initially, Harnell was working on a solo record, but with guitarist Magnus Karlsson, former TNT drummer John Macaluso, and bassist Fabrizio Grossi, they formed the new band Starbreaker, rather than a Harnell solo project.The band recorded its first self-titled studio album in 2005, and it was released on July 13, 2005. After the release of the album, Harnell went back to being the lead vocalist of TNT, but left the band in April 2006 to spend some more time with his family while still writing songs. In late 2007, with Starbreaker as his main musical project, he flew to Sweden to write the bulk of the songs for the new album with Karlsson, and started recording the new songs at the end of the year. The second album was entitled Love's Dying Wish, and was released on August 1, 2008. The album featured new bassist Jonni Lightfoot, who replaced Grossi, and was produced by Harnell and Karlsson, with producer Tommy Hansen (TNT, Pretty Maids, Helloween) as the mixer.

Album:

Love's Dying Wish is the second full-length studio album by Tony Harnell led band Starbreaker, released on August 1, 2008. It is the follow-up to their self-titled debut album from 2005.The line-up on this album is the same except Jonni Lightfoot who replaced Fabrizio Grossi on bass. Tony Harnell has stated in an interview that "the album is a lot more aggressive than the first one".You should know by now that STARBREAKER had little to do with Tony Harnell's previous works with TNT, when the self-titled debut album was released a couple of years ago (or more). Stop wondering if this was an one-off project or not, this is now STARBREAKER's follow up, featuring the symbolic(?) title Love's Dying Wish (would love this for a LILLIAN AXE product, too). So, what's the mood over here?Truth is the 2005 release (yes, it was 2005 finally) did bring on some mark in the Hard Rock circles. Why this? Apart from the lineup - Harnell (TNT, WESTWORLD) and Magnus Karlsson (THE CODEX, PLANET ALLIANCE, TONY O' HORA, ALLEN/LANDE, LAST TRIBE, MIDNIGHT SUN) got help from Fabrizio Grossi (Glenn Hughes) and John Macaluso (Y. Malmsteen, TNT, ARK) - it was the aura of the specific album that caught me by surprise. You could label it as moody fresh Hard Rock and get some of the picture, also paying attention to Harnell's most angry and morose vocals to date. Well, I think Love's Dying Wish is even more 'gloomy' in a way, even if there's been a somehow more 'melodic' work done by Karlsson in the guitars/keyboards field.For a start, the new album is again fresh and bright. You can tell from both the production and the performance that you're dealing with a CD of this season, not some 'comeback' tribute. While old-school fans will find limited of interest in it (I guess they didn't get quite thrilled with the debut, too) it is essential to point out that this does not seem to be the scope for the band. The approach and some of the songwriting may bring EUROPE's latest works to mind, and I guess the Swedish quintet's scope has much in relevance with STARBREAKER's aim, so as to give a brief idea even without listening to Love's Dying Wish at all.The players are in top form, the tempos are mostly 'mid' ones and John Macaluso provides an ample duo with newcomer Jonni Lightfoot in bass duties. As pre-said, Karlsson's playing is as notable as in the debut (I think it's more well-structured over here) and the vocals of Harnell are more esoteric now. I wonder what's the motive for this kind of his singing in the STARBREAKER albums…End Of Alone, Hide, Love's Dying Wish and Changes Me are the songs I did succeed in placing on top, not forgetting to mention that there's a certain possibility you may find yourself getting a little bit bored while trying to listen to the whole CD at once (here comes the 'moody' word again). This may as well be the most 'minus' point of Love's Dying Wish, since it's not much of an 'cheerful' album I'd dare saying. Like the era we all live in. And that's a point of link between the band and the fan. The 'new' fan…

Line Up:

Tony Harnell – lead vocals (2005–present) (TNT, WESTWORLD)
Magnus Karlsson – guitars, keyboards, piano (2005–present) (THE CODEX, PLANET ALLIANCE, TONY O' HORA, ALLEN/LANDE, LAST TRIBE, MIDNIGHT SUN)
Jonni Lightfoot – bass (2007–present)
John Macaluso – drums, percussion (2005–present)

Former members

Fabrizio Grossi – bass (2005–2007)

Tracklist:

01. End Of Alone
02. Evaporate
03. Love's Dying Wish
04. Unknown Superstar
05. Hide
06. Building A Wall
07. Beautiful Disaster
08. Live Your Life
09. Hello, Are You Listening?
10. Changes Me
11. The Day Belongs To Us
12. This Close
13. Hide (Acoustic) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných