Dirty Looks - In Your Face (1986) (FnA Records Edition 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Feb 2024, 08:41

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (FnA Records Edition 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 94 mb

Bio:

Danish born vocalist/guitarist Henrik Ostergaard formed Dirty Looks in Erie, Pennsylvania before heading to the bright lights of San Francisco, California.While in California, and upon their return home, the group had a revolving door membership yet managed to release an EP and three independent (and hard to find) albums before Atlantic records came calling. The band then relocated to Rochester, NY and became local favorites at places like The Penny Arcade. For their major label debut Dirty Looks consisted of Paul Lidel (guitar), Jack Pyers (bass) and Gene Barnett (drums). The resulting album, Cool From The Wire, proved to be one the band's biggest successes and even found its way onto the Billboard charts.In 1990 Gene Barnett left to join Lillian Axe, and a new rhythm section of Brian Perry (bass) and Jim Harris (drums) were recruited for Five Easy Pieces. The group broke up following this release, with Ostergaard forming Rumbledog, Lidel hooking up with Dangerous Toys (and later Broken Teeth) and Perry resurfacing in Bubble. Ostergaard began recording under the Dirty Looks moniker again in 1994 releasing several albums without any information on who was playing on them. The classic "Cool from the Wire" line-up reformed in 2007 to record "Superdeluxe".While working on 2010's I.C.U. album, new Dirty Looks bassist Greg Pianka was stabbed to death in a bar fight but appears on the album posthumously.Henrik Ostergaard, lead singer and frontman for Dirty Looks, passed away Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 9:18 a.m. from natural causes.

Album:

Second full-length album.They just wanted to rock! So when Erie, Pennsylvania cover band Crossfire called it a day, Danish born vocalist/guitarist, Henrik Ostergaard, and fellow Crossfire bassist Jimmy Chartley packed up and headed to the west coast (San Francisco to be exact)...and Dirty Looks was born. With a small self-titled ep already under their belt, Dirty Looks would release its first full length album of the same name in 1984 on Sticky Records. Axe Killer Records (France) would pick up this album a year later and give it a bigger production. Meanwhile, back in the states, bands like Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, and Ratt were putting a very public face on hard rock music. So it was really no wonder why local radio stations were spinning Dirty Looks, especially with the lofty comparisons to Bon Scott and AC/DC. However, trials and tribulations would eventually cause the band to break-up and head back to Pennsylvania. Dirty Looks would eventually regroup with the addition of bassist Jack Pyers. The band with the core duo of Henrik and Jack would then release two more independently produced albums in the next two years. 1986 saw the release of INYOURFACE which garnered a lot of airplay on the reputable Z-Rock. Dirty Looks stock was rising! Then in 1987, the band forged forward with the release of their third full length album, I Want More...and more is what the band would get. The Major labels started calling: EMI, Elecktra, Chrysallis, and Atlantic all put in their bids; and Atlantic won...and the rest is history as they would say. Dirty Looks saw MTV Airplay, worldwide tours, major recording budgets, and an era that ushered Hard Rock/Heavy Metal into the mainstream. In 2009, FnA Records found itself in the fortunate position to release three uber-rare gems on CD for the first time ever...and to a worldwide audience. Make sure you pick up remastered versions of the first 3 indie Dirty Looks CD's: Dirty Looks - Dirty Looks w/ 1984 EP, In Your Face, and I Want More.

Line-Up:

Henrik Ostergaard – Vocals, Guitars (R.I.P. 2011)
Mario Rigano Henrik - Lead Guitars
Jack Pyers – Bass
Steve McConell - Drums tracks 2-4, 6, 9
A.D. Adams - Drums tracks 1, 7-8, 10

Tracklist:

01. She's a Rocker
02. Can't Take My Eyes (Off of You)
03. You Can't Take Me
04. Put a Spell On You
05. Get Off
06. Tokyo
07. On Your Back
08. Let Me Go
09. Oh Ruby
10. Undercover
11. Nevermore (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 27 neregistrovaných