Heist - High Heel Heaven (1989) (Retrospect Records Edition 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Júl 2023, 08:39

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Retrospect Records Edition 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Band from the late ’80s American rock scene; HEIST, and their only album “High Heel Heaven” (1989). Perhaps due of being released by a label like I.R.S. (International Record Syndicate) specialized in pop acts, “High Heel Heaven”, originally appeared in 1989, got buried by the load of excellent other Melodic Hard Rock releases that year.But take for sure that Heist were good, very good at their game. Easily one of the best Melodic Hard Rock bands to ever emerge from the Bay Area. Essential for fans and collectors of 80s Hair Metal and especially fans of bands like: Vyper , Black n Blue , Y & T , Hurricane , Malice , Shok Paris , Icon , Weapons , Banshee , Problem Child etc

Album:

"High Heel Heaven" (1989)...in 2010 Digitally Remastered + 2 bonus tracks.Band from the late ’80s American rock scene; HEIST, and their only album “High Heel Heaven”. Perhaps due of being released by a label like I.R.S. (International Record Syndicate) specialized in pop acts, “High Heel Heaven”, originally appeared in 1989, got buried by the load of excellent other Melodic Hard Rock releases that year.But take for sure that Heist were good, very good at their game. This is the digitally remastered version of “High Heel Heaven” including two bonus tracks, reissued some years ago, now deleted.Heist added to the Melodic Hard Rock style of the era a touch of edge via blazing guitars and top-notch musicianship.While Paul Holdgate’s vocals are an acquired taste, he adds a powerful punch to the band’s already meaty delivery, but the songs are very melodic and hooky.Numbers like ‘Laws of Love’ and ”She Doesn’t Matter” are pretty awesome melodic hard rockers – all very catchy, hook-laden tracks with killer riffs, ‘Deep In the Night’ is a lovely ballad with some Dokken on it, then ‘Kiss Me’ is great traditional hard rocker with that aforementioned edge.For some party glam metal check ‘Loose Lipps’ or title track ‘High Heel Heaven’, and ‘Say You’re Sorry’ delivers some midtempo AOR waves so 1989 (which I love).This remastered reissue add two worthy bonus tracks in the form of the catchy midtempo ‘Don’t Forget Me’ and the solid ‘Misery’.There’s many bands to take as reference for Heist’s sound & style: Black N’ Blue, Y & T , Hurricane, Malice, and also the harder side of Night Ranger – yeah, Jeff Watson guest with some guitar licks here, as well as Kelly Keagy providing backing vocals.But if I have to make a more precise comparison, “High Heel Heaven” reminds me a lot of Icon’s ‘Right Between The Eyes’ album, also released 1989.

Line-Up:

Paul Holdgate – lead vocals
Kurt Fry lead – guitar, vocals
Steve Robello – guitar, keyboards, vocals
Craig Truman – bass
Darryl Hill – drums

Guests:

Jeff Watson (Night Ranger) – guitar
Ronnie Montrose – guitar
Kris Kelly – guitar
Louis Biancaniello (Michael Bolton) – keyboards
Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger) – backing vocals

Peroduction:

Recorded At – Studio D, Sausalito, CA
Recorded At – Midnight Studios
Mixed At – Record Plant, Sausalito
Mastered At – Capitol Mastering
Cover, Concept By – Dodie Shoemaker, Peter Grame
Engineer [Additional] – Rob Beaton
Engineer, Mixed By – Jeffrey "Nik" Norman*
Mastered By – Eddy Schreyer, Maureen Droney
Producer – Ann Fry, Jeffrey Norman
Words By, Music By – Kurt Fry

Tracklist:

01. Loose Lipps (3:26)
02. High Heel Heaven (3:37)
03. She Doesn't Matter (4:07)
04. Deep In The Night (4:35)
05. Sink In Pink (3:44)
06. Speed Higher (4:09)
07. Kiss Me (5:51)
08. She Needs Love (3:44)
09. Tighter (3:10)
10. Say You're Sorry (4:49)
11. One More Dream (1:48)
12. Laws Of Love (4:02)
13. Don't Forget Me (3:26) (Bonus Track)
14. Misery (2:52) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 37 neregistrovaných