Overkill (USA)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Overkill (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Feb 2017, 07:41

Overkill - Under The Influence (1988) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

Overkill is an American thrash metal band, formed in 1980 in New Jersey. They have gone through many line-up changes, with singer Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth and bassist D.D. Verni remaining from the original lineup. Along with Anthrax, whose one-time lead guitarist Dan Spitz was also an early member of Overkill,the band is one of the most successful East Coast thrash metal bands. The band has a notable mascot named "Chaly", a skeletal bat with a skull-like face, horns, bony wings, and green eyes. Chaly has appeared on most of their album covers.To date, Overkill has released seventeen studio albums (including an album of cover songs), three EPs and three live albums. They were one of the early thrash metal bands to sign to a major label (Atlantic Records, in 1986), but would not achieve commercial success until the popularization of the genre in the late 1980s, with their contemporaries Anthrax, Exodus, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament. The band's most successful records are Under the Influence (1988), The Years of Decay (1989), I Hear Black (1993) and The Electric Age (2012), which debuted at No. 142, No. 155, No. 122 and No. 77 respectively on the Billboard 200 chart.As of 2006, Overkill has sold over 625,000 albums in the U.S. since the beginning of the SoundScan era and over 16 million records worldwide as of 2012.

Album:

Under The Influence is a legendary thrash album. This album and others like it really helped the thrash scene peak in the late 80s. It’s probably my favorite Overkill album. It’s certainly better than their later work. The songs are much more melodic and first-rate than their following albums, such as Horrorscope. Apparently, some people on archives don’t feel the same. But that has no influence on my 96% grade.This is everything a thrash album should be. The album starts fast and heavy with Shred. Track one has a powerful riff and impressive chorus. It is a premonition of things to come, for the rest of the album is just as quality. Hello From The Gutter has to be one of the top ten thrash songs ever. An amazing riff and immaculate chorus leaves you dumbfounded. The lyrics are great too, “The Big Apple’s rotten, rotting in the heat!” Bobby Gustafson is quite apt with the guitar, as D.D. Verni is with his bass. Put them together and you have deafening metal with intense solos. This song is sacred to many thrash fans. Blitzes vocals are a little screechy, but it adds character, and he’s still a very accomplished thrash lead singer. In fact, I like his vocals. Mad Gone World is almost as notable, with an especially fast chorus and energetic riffs. The song is fast and angry with lyrics hinting that a delusional man composed it. Brainfade keeps up the pace, as does Drunken Wisdom half way through the album. Brainfade has a funny clip of some whiny guy talking, pretty much the topic of the song. It’s most likely personal. The great tracks keep coming until they conclude with Overkill III. Bobby Gustafson perfects every chorus with his flawless guitar playing, and Blitzes striking vocals add the final touches. Give Sid credit on the percussion too, especially for keeping up with those fast riffs.Therefore this is a classic Overkill album. Hello From The Gutter is an elite thrash release that helped thrash peak in 88’. Unfortunately the scene went downhill from there. If you’re a thrash/speed fan chances are you own it, but if not, what are you waiting for? New bands need to recreate a sound like this. If an album similar to Hello From The Gutter debuted today, I’m confident thrash would make a full return. Anyway this album is in a class of it’s own, fully deserving of its 96%.

Line-Up:

Sid Falck Drums
Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth Vocals
D.D. Verni Bass, Vocals (backing)
Bobby Gustafson Guitars, Vocals (backing)

Tracklist:

01. Shred 04:05
02. Never Say Never 04:58
03. Hello from the Gutter 04:12
04. Mad Gone World 04:31
05. Brainfade 04:08
06. Drunken Wisdom 06:18
07. End of the Line 07:03
08. Head First 06:02
09. Overkill III (Under the Influence) 06:28

+ Video "Hello from the Gutter" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Overkill (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Feb 2017, 11:57

Overkill - The Years Of Decay (1989) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Overkill is an American thrash metal band, formed in 1980 in New Jersey. They have gone through many line-up changes, with singer Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth and bassist D.D. Verni remaining from the original lineup. Along with Anthrax, whose one-time lead guitarist Dan Spitz was also an early member of Overkill,the band is one of the most successful East Coast thrash metal bands. The band has a notable mascot named "Chaly", a skeletal bat with a skull-like face, horns, bony wings, and green eyes. Chaly has appeared on most of their album covers.To date, Overkill has released seventeen studio albums (including an album of cover songs), three EPs and three live albums. They were one of the early thrash metal bands to sign to a major label (Atlantic Records, in 1986), but would not achieve commercial success until the popularization of the genre in the late 1980s, with their contemporaries Anthrax, Exodus, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament. The band's most successful records are Under the Influence (1988), The Years of Decay (1989), I Hear Black (1993) and The Electric Age (2012), which debuted at No. 142, No. 155, No. 122 and No. 77 respectively on the Billboard 200 chart.As of 2006, Overkill has sold over 625,000 albums in the U.S. since the beginning of the SoundScan era and over 16 million records worldwide as of 2012.

Album:

Tracing its roots back to the NWOBHM and the underground punk scene, thrash combines the right amount of aggression and technical flair to both frighten the self-righteous into hiding and inspire a punk rocker hack to learn his instrument and grow his hair down to his ass. Naturally one is then to ask what the standard is for measuring the success of an effort at compiling an LP in this very unique and poorly imitated art form. Although some might site a release by Kreator, MegaDeth, or Metallica as the pinnacle of the genre, they probably never heard Overkill’s fourth invocation of the high speed, bone crushing, virtuoso worshipping demon that is thrash metal.“The Years of Decay” accomplishes what many believe that Metallica’s “Master of Puppets” did, introduce a long-winded epic style with a more progressive sound without sacrificing the raw energy that an album of the thrash style demands. Several of the songs make use of brief introductions, as did Metallica’s heralded 3rd release, but here we see a consistent use of darkness and gloom that doesn’t clash with the faster sections that follow after. “Evil Never Dies” has an intro that may well be compared with “Damage Inc.”, except it listens like an ominous version of Medieval Organum rather than a comical pre-classical overture that doesn’t fit with what follows. The title track might be compared to “Sanitarium”, except it is structured completely different and highlights a dynamic vocal performance (Blitz has twice the range that Hetfield had when he could still sing) as well an artful avoidance of redundancy.The first half of this album is where most of the thrashers lie, all of them clocking in at under 5 minutes except for “Time to Kill”, which has an extended riff intro that takes a minute or so before stomping the listener’s neck into the ground with a high speed riff frenzy. “I Hate” is the shortest and most aggressive of the lot; not to mention being lyrically the most punk inspired. If you are having a bad day and wish you could kick the shit out of whoever made it so, this song is quite therapeutic and a good alternative to facing assault charges. “Elimination” is the most listener-friendly and the most hook-laden, the lyrics are easy to follow, and the music video was a good alternative to the glam stuff that dominated MTV at the time. “Nothing to Die for” is another anthem of angst superimposed against a series of great thrash riffs, some of which sound like an even more speed driven version of Metallica’s “Blackened”, not to mention one where we can actually hear the bass.The second half of this album is a mix of more insanely thrashing good fun and some experimental songs that rival longer works by other metal outfits. “Playing with Spiders/Skullcrusher” is the muddiest and slowest song I’ve ever heard out of the band, sometimes reminding of Black Sabbath, although Blitz’s vocals are literally all over the place yet never missing a note. It transitions into a somewhat faster tempo after the first few minutes, but it mostly reeks of doom influences. “The Years of Decay” is the closest thing to a ballad on here, starting off with a long acoustic section with Blitz actually singing cleanly, but getting plenty aggressive after the first few minutes. “Who Tends the Fire” is also quite long and starts off quiet, but is far too menacing throughout to be profaned with the title ballad. Metallica wishes they could write songs this horrific yet moderated in tempo and avoid getting boring. “Birth of Tension” and “Evil Never Dies” are more classic Overkill style thrash, rapidly shifting beats and riffs, and literally bashing the hell out of the listener until his ears bleed.In many ways, “The Years of Decay” is the end of a grand chapter in the history of metal. It came out in a year when thrash was still very much alive, as were the 80s, but also when its impending demise was beginning to rear its ugly head. The closing track “Evil Never Dies” is accented with 3 periods to spell out “END”, obviously to signify that the 4 part Overkill saga started on the 9th track of the debut was over (although not credited as part 4 in the title, the signature riff found in the other 3 parts can be heard briefly towards the end). Ironically this would also come to signify the end of the era for the band with Bobby Gustafson as the sole axe man, but also signified in the title is the assertion that Evil is forever, and as one can readily observe on “Horrorscope” and the bulk of Overkill’s releases afterwards, this band is unmoved and unbroken by the tides of time and public opinion.Although I argue this to be the greatest accomplishment of Overkill and the best thrash album I’ve ever heard thus far (I’m still proliferating stuff from the 80s), I am still partial to the debut due to a greater level of accessibility as well as my own history with it. The only flaw in this album is that it is so fast, so furious, and so complex that many will have a hard time grasping its true nature. If you like thrash and you don’t have this album, lie and say you do have it until you can get it, don’t be like me and be caught praising Overkill yet not actually have your own copy. If you only own one album by them, get this one, if you can get 2 albums, pick up “Feel the Fire” after you get this one.

Line-Up:

'Sid' Falck Drums
Bobby 'Blitz' Ellsworth Vocals
Bobby Gustafson Guitars
D.D. Verni Bass

Tracklist:

01. Time to Kill 06:16
02. Elimination 04:34
03. I Hate 03:48
04. Nothing to Die For 04:22
05. Playing with Spiders / Skullkrusher 10:09
06. Birth of Tension 05:02
07. Who Tends the Fire 08:09
08. The Years of Decay 08:01
09. E.vil N.ever D.ies 05:49

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Mar 2017, 07:03

Overkill - Taking Over (1987) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2013)

Bio:

Album:

Taking Over is the second studio album by thrash metal band Overkill, released in March 1987 through Atlantic and Megaforce Records.The album is Overkill's last to feature drummer Rat Skates, who left the band later in 1987 and was replaced by Sid Falck.It was also the first to be released through Atlantic, who would release all of the band's albums up to W.F.O. (1994).With the release of this follow up to the classic debut “Feel the Fire”, Overkill had firmly established themselves as a major force in the arena of thrash metal. While the classic predecessor was heavily rooted in NWOBHM and early speed metal, this album takes a step ahead for good and combines brutality with equal proportions of control to produce a relentless attack of chainsaw like riffs, thunderous drumming and vocals that aim for high decibel levels. But as the omnipresent fate that befell many a talent during those turbulent times in terms of changing music tastes and severe unrest in the music industry, this album too suffered a similar fate at not getting the recognition it deserved initially. Despite all of those factors, this is one of the best releases of 1987.Aptly titled “Taking Over”, it was pretty imminent that Overkill meant business. They were out to take over the scene by flushing out wannabes and poseurs. The production is very heavy and I’m yet to hear a thrash metal album with such a crushing feel. Maverick vocal man Blitz sounds a lot like he would on the debut, but he pulls off some deafening shrieks on almost all the songs. It’s amazing how he does that so effortlessly. The rhythm section sounds highly beefed up, although the bass somewhat gets stepped over by the heavy guitar and drums. It’s very unlike the measures D.D Verni would take on the next few releases, where the bass is extremely prominent. Personally, I find this production to be better than any other albums released in the 80s.The front cover doesn’t do this full length even an ounce of justice for what its worth. You take one glimpse of it and you could probably think of it as the cover of a B-grade action flick comprising of four young action heroes with guns. There’s also an uncanny resemblance to the cover of Darkness’ teutonic thrash fest debut “Death Squad”, except that the German quintet looked more morbid and scary.The tracks are such that you wouldn’t need to feel the urge to skip at any time, purely because of the fact that each song is capable of standing on its own. “Deny the Cross” starts the proceedings with slow and plodding heavy riffs, almost Sabbath like before unleashing a fury of blazing fast metal mayhem with a chorus so infectious that it would take some doing to miss it. And what a way to follow up than the thrash wreck that gave them the nickname “Wrecking Crew”, a barrage of E minor riffs that blend really well with the vocals and the chorus. “Fear his Name” is perhaps the only track on the album that wouldn’t have looked out of place on “Feel the Fire”, with Maiden like harmonies and hooks. Overall a very catchy track nevertheless.The thrash carnage continues with the next three tracks which spare the listener no time for rest, especially “Powersurge”, which just screams pure power!! Next up is the essential epic anthem “In Union we stand” that talks of world unity in thrashing style, a video for which was also recorded. The bridge section of “Electro-violence” which combines heavy riffs with a devastating chorus is arguably one of the best moments in thrash metal history. The closing track is part two of the “Overkill” saga that is filled with insane shrieks, punishing riffs and a chorus that is simply beyond words. “The Nightmare continues” ends with a clean guitar part at the end which forms the intro of the third installment of the legacy that’s present on the successor. Has any other thrash metal band ever attempted that? You know the answer.This album holds a really special place in my collection. The feeling of unmatched nostalgia always seems to “awaken in me” as soon as I load this up in my deck. I’ve heard it a million times and yet I can’t seem to get enough of it. This is the kind of nightmare I'd like to cling to my whole life. Are you looking for some quality early thrash metal from the east coast? This one would do just fine. Grab it fast!!!

Line-Up:

Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth - Vocals
D.D. Verni - Bass
Bobby Gustafson - Guitars
Rat Skates - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Deny the Cross 04:42
02. Wrecking Crew 04:30
03. Fear His Name 05:23
04. Use Your Head 04:18
05. Fatal If Swallowed 06:44
06. Powersurge 04:34
07. In Union We Stand 04:23
08. Electro-Violence 03:43
09. Overkill II [The Nightmare Continues] 07:10

+ Video "In Union We Stand" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Mar 2017, 08:49

Overkill - Feel The Fire (1985) (Steamhammer Records Reissue 1998)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Steamhammer Records Reissue 1998)

Bio:

Album:

Feel the Fire is the debut studio album by thrash metal band Overkill, released on April 15, 1985 through Megaforce Records.The final track, "Sonic Reducer", is a cover of a 1977 song by punk rock band The Dead Boys; it was not included on the viny or cassette[3] versions of the album, and on some CD reissues it was instead placed between "Second Son" and "Hammerhead"."Rotten to the Core" has been a mainstay of the band's live setlist since 1984.Feel the Fire received a positive review from AllMusic's Alex Henderson, who awarded the album three stars out of five, saying that it "made quite a splash within the heavy metal community and listenership", and "possessed all the blistering riffs and complete abandonment fans would learn to expect from Overkill." Henderson then finished his review, saying that Feel the Fire "solidified a loyal fan base that would grow steadily as the band expanded their sound and catalog through the mid- and late '80s. The classic original band lineup of Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth on vocals, Bobby Gustafson on guitars, Rat Skates on drums, and bassist D.D. Verni sounds surprisingly accomplished on this major-label debut, giving tight performances and ultimately helping (along with fellow second-wave thrash bands like Flotsam and Jetsam and a myriad of Bay-Area metal outfits) define a generation of spastic, but impressive second wave of aggressive thrash metal."Feel the Fire did not initially reach the Billboard 200 charts or become a commercial success. Based on the moderate success of Feel the Fire, Overkill signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records in 1986, although they would still remain on Megaforce until Horrorscope (1991).Overkill spent most of 1985 and 1986 on tour for Feel the Fire, supporting such bands as Carnivore, S.O.D., Blessed Death, Nuclear Assault, Liege Lord, Black Flag, Venom, Anthrax and D.R.I.In 1986, Overkill was part of two major tours; they supported Anthrax and Agent Steel on the Spreading the Disease tour in Europe, and opened for Slayer on their Reign in Blood tour in the United States.

Line-Up:

Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth – vocals
Bobby Gustafson – guitar
Rat Skates – drums
D.D. Verni – bass

Licensed To – Steamhammer
Phonographic Copyright (p) – Megaforce Entertainment
Copyright (c) – Megaforce Entertainment
Distributed By – SPV GmbH
Pressed By – Sonopress
Published By – Precious Metal Music
Recorded At – Pyramid Sound Recording Studios
Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Engineer – Alex Perialas
Executive Producer – Jon Zazula
Mastered By – George Marino
Producer – Carl Canedy

Tracklist:

01. Raise the Dead 04:18
02. Rotten to the Core 05:00
03. There's No Tomorrow 03:23
04. Second Son 03:54
05. Hammerhead 04:02
06. Feel the Fire 05:52
07. Blood and Iron 02:41
08. Kill at Command 04:48
09. Overkill 03:28
10. Sonic Reducer (The Dead Boys cover) 02:50 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Rotten to the Core" (Metal Hammer Road Show 1986)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Feb 2019, 06:29

Overkill - Killbox 13 (Japan Edition) (2003)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2003 (Japan Edition)

Bio:

Album:

Killbox 13 is the 12th studio album by thrash metal band Overkill in 2003.The name stems from the fact that the band considers this to be their thirteenth release because they include the Overkill EP as their first, or that they had released the covers album Coverkill, which would have been their eleventh studio album. "Well, it is the thirteenth, but it's only really the thirteenth for people who followed the band. There was an EP called Overkill back in '84...", said Bobby Ellsworth.Killbox 13 received much critical acclaim because some of the songs marked a return to the raw unpolished thrash style exhibited on the first album Feel The Fire, which Overkill had gradually moved away from afterwards. This is a flawless album. And by that, I do not mean "Best album ever," because it is not. What Killbox 13 is, is an album that does not have any mistakes or anything that sucks. It doesn't ascend to the same heights of brilliance as Rust, Puppets, etc. - it doesn't try to. Instead, it slides neatly into "kickass thrash" and stays there. Kind of like Overkill in general.To get more specific, this is the best thing Overkill has done since Horrorscope, probably because it's the thrashiest thing they've done since Horrorscope. Pretty much every track on here is good; however, a couple stand out. "Unholy" is the best song on here, featuring a couple of wicked riffs and one of those great "long extended note with Blitz carrying the melody" choruses that Overkill specializes in, as well as a start-stop ending sequence that is capable of giving some poor fucker neck problems. "No Lights" has a similar chorus; an uncharacteristically melodic tune that goes into a sweet breakdown halfway through. "Struck Down" and "I Rise" are pure ripping thrash that would not be out of place on The Years of Decay or Horrorscope, and the former has a brilliant bridge that I DARE you not to sing along with. Go ahead, try not to.The rest of the album is solid all the way through..."The One" and "Crystal Clear" are the closest to mediocre, "Until I Die" and "The Sound of Dying" are the best. But really, they're all kickass tracks. There's nothing on here that really goes above and beyond (except maybe "Unholy"), but it's all solid, headbang-worthy thrash metal.Interesting bit of trivia - Blitz has mentioned that this album is a semi-concept, with all the lyrics reflective of the Seven Deadly Sins. Fun new party game: trying to figure out which one is which without resorting to illegal hallucinogens trying to match up Sloth.One last thing worth mentioned - THE PRODUCTION. This is the best metal production I've heard since...Christ, how about the Black Album? Everything is "Crystal Clear" but still, um..."Unholy"? Okay, fuck that stupid pun. Just know that the production is very good and if I Hear Black sounded like this, it would be in the running for best 'Kill album.

Line-Up:

D.D. Verni - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Dave Linsk - Guitars, Vocals (backing)
Derek "The Skull" Tailer - Vocals (backing)
Tim Mallare - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Devil By The Tail
02. Damned
03. No Lights
04. The One
05. Crystal Clear
06. The Sound Of Dying
07. Until I Die
08. Struck Down
09. Unholy
10. I Rise
11. Hello From The Gutter (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Elimination (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Nov 2020, 09:55

Overkill - Horrorscope (1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991

Bio:

Album:

Horrorscope is the fifth studio album by thrash metal band Overkill, released on September 3, 1991 through Atlantic and Megaforce Records. It was the first Overkill album to feature the duo of guitarists Merritt Gant and Rob Cannavino, and the last to be released through Megaforce; although they remained on Atlantic until 1995.Ah Horrorscope, my favorite Overkill record. I've contemplated reviewing it for the past two days, but haven't done so until now out of fear that I won't be able to express my true feelings for this album (God that sounded weird). In simple terms, this is what thrash metal should be. No album truly encapsulates thrash quite as well as this album does here. It merges both atmosphere, speed, and pushes how heavy thrash can be before it morphs itself into something else entirely. Of all the bands that weren't included in the big 4, Overkill always has been the one that I felt deserved to be in there, and this album is proof enough of why they should be a part of it.The first thing you'll notice is that for a thrash album, the amount of atmosphere here is almost startling. Few artist have ever managed to put out an album with this much and this quality atmosphere, even though a plethora have attempted to. While it takes a back seat to the truly astonishing songs found on this album, the atmosphere created here is no small feat, and one of the things that makes this record stand out.And as I just mentioned, the songs here are just astonishing. Overkill are usually associated with thrash metal, there are many times that Overkill leaves thrash metal here, most notably the slow, sluggishness found on the title track, it's pure sludge. The title track, "Coma", and "New Machine" all make my top 10 Overkill songs, and the rest aren't too far behind. The album is never short on quality, and the variation of tempo is a real treat. If you need diversity in tracks, by metal standards this album isn't too bad, not too bad at all.Up to this point, Overkill never had great lyrics. They weren't meant to really, that wasn't who they were. But, with bands like Anthrax and Nuclear Assault on the scene, people really started to appreciate intelligent lyrics. Many fans were scared concerning the departure of Bobby Gustafson, who was a key songwriter. Fortunately these fears were quickly forgotten, due to the better lyrics, larger sonic palate, and boosted composition complexity. Most of the lyrics here have better flow to them, and are overall simply better written. While they never wrote songs about politics like Nuclear Assault, they didn't need to, nor should they have. It simply wasn't who Overkill was, and the lyrics are a great fit to the music. Over all, this is just simply a more mature Overkill, and the lyrics are a great display of this.It's really a shame that this was released in 1991. Because of this, the album was released just as much of the "alternative" music fan base was turning to grunge, meaning Overkill's crowning achievement went unheard except by the Overkill devout, and because the following Overkill albums were quite weak, they never appealed to grunge fans who may have wanted something heavier.Heard or not, this is a great album, no way around it. No matter what kind of metal fan you are, you're doing yourself a great disservice if you've never listened through it at least once. Bobby's voice as usual takes some getting used to, but once you do get used to him, you'll start to love him, and if you're like me think of him as one of the best metal vocalist out there, who is still going strong in his 50's. This is a great album and it's one you really, really should own.

Line-Up:

Rob Cannavino - Guitars, Backing Vocals
Merritt Gant - Guitars, Backing Vocals
D.D. Verni - Bass
Sid Falck - Drums

production:

Produced: Terry Date & Overkill
Executive Producers: Jon & Marsha Zazula
Engineered: Terry Date & Matt Lane
Recorded and Mixed at Carriage House Studios, Stamford, CT.
Mastered: Howie Weinberg at Masterdisk, NYC
Art Direction: Bob Defrin

Tracklist:

01. Coma
02. Infectious
03. Blood Money
04. Thankx For Nothin'
05. Bare Bones
06. Horrorscope
07. New Machine
08. Frankenstein
09. Live Young, Die Free
10. Nice Day... For A Funeral
11. Soulitude

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Nov 2020, 09:56

Overkill - Live In Overhausen (2CD) (Digipak Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018

Bio:

Album:

OVERKILL are a legendary thrash metal band, formed in 1980 in New Jersey.They have gone through many line-up changes, leaving bassist D. D. Verni and lead vocalist Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth as the only constant members. OVERKILL‘s current lineup also includes Dave Linsk on lead guitar, Derek Tailer on rhythm guitar and Jason Bittner on drums.The band are masters of the crunchy thrash that the 1980’s spawned. They eat and drink metal music and Blitz is a renowned singer within the genre, being one of the godfathers of thrash, along with James Hetfield of METALLICA and Chuck Billy of TESTAMENT. They have a significant library of studio albums (nineteen in total), including the stone cold classics ‘Under The Influence’ (1988) and ‘Horrorscope’ (1999).This record is their first live release since 2002 and, to mark their thirty-plus years of mayhem, they decided to play and record two classic albums (debut ‘Feel The Fire’ and the aforementioned ‘Horrorscope’) in their entirety. Furthermore, where better to play these but in Germany, a country renowned for its hardcore OVERKILL and metal fans?.The first album out of the traps is 1991’s classic ‘Horrorscope’. It is like a fantastic time machine transporting you sonically through the metal heavens. To hear songs with the power and passion of ‘Infectious‘ and ‘Coma‘ is a true treat. The band are as tight as ever, sounding like they were having 100,000 volts being passed through them. The crowd is very much part of this energy burst, chanting the band’s name at every opportunity.Blitz works the German crowd with charisma and rough charm, thanking them for changin their town name from Underhausen to Overhausen for the event. He talks up the two records like a true fan and fronts up like a snotty fourth grader standing up to the class bully. He can also sing with a range and power that would make other singers of his age weep. No blown out voice for Blitz.The sound is crystal clear as the band ends out ‘Horrorscope’ with the very enigmatic ‘Soulitude’. It has a vibe that makes it so special and I love the guitar sound on it. There may be a bit of an obvious comparison with certain songs from another famous Thrash band, but it still rocks. I highly rate how OVERKILL add to their thrash sonics with dashes of more classic rock.The band then move on to their aggressive album ‘Feel The Fire’. The speeding broadside of ‘Raise The Dead‘ kills the crowd stone dead with delirium. The clear sound spits out the penetrative bass of Verni. who is the heartbeat of the band. It has a definite NWOBHM vive to the song and is quickly followed by killer tracks ‘Rotten To The Core‘ and so on.OVERKILL are one of the most consistent live and recording bands around. They are quality and know how to work a crowd into a frenzy. You can understand how they have survived in the business for so long and have been so successful. This live album pays homage to two fantastic records and does nothing to stain the band’s credibility for quality control. Nice!

Line-Up:

D.D. Verni - Bass, Vocals (1980-present) - See also: The Bronx Casket Co., ex-The Lubricunts
Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth - Vocals (1980-present) - See also: ex-The Cursed, ex-D.O.A.
Dave Linsk - Guitars (lead) (1999-present) - See also: Speed Kill Hate, ex-Anger on Anger, ex-Zyris
Derek "The Skull" Tailer - Guitars (rhythm) (2001-present) - See also: ex-Dee Snider, ex-Speed Kill Hate
Jason Bittner - Drums (2017-present) - See also: Burning Human, Hellspeak, Shadows Fall, ex-China White, ex-Ever Dark, ex-Flotsam and Jetsam, ex-Toxik, ex-Anthrax (live), ex-Crisis, ex-Stigmata, ex-Lynch's Mr. Scary (live)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Coma - 5:36
02. Infectious - 4:09
03. Blood Money - 5:16
04. Thanx For Nothin' - 4:21
05. Bare Bones - 5:44
06. Horrorscope - 7:34
07. New Machine - 4:25
08. Frankenstein - 5:04
09. Live Young, Die Free - 4:47
10. Nice Day...For A Funeral - 6:26
11. Soulitude - 6:22

CD2:

01. Raise The Dead - 4:12
02. Rotten To The Core - 6:58
03. There's No Tomorrow - 3:45
04. Second Son - 4:59
05. Hammerhead - 3:55
06. Feel The Fire - 7:21
07. Blood And Iron - 4:12
08. Kill At Command - 5:07
09. Overkill - 6:00
10. Fuck You - 5:11

+ Video "Hammerhead" (Official Live Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:40

Overkill - The Grinding Wheel (Limited Edition Digipak) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017 (Limited Edition Digipak)

Bio:

Album:

The Grinding Wheel is the upcoming eighteenth studio album by American thrash metal band Overkill, due for release on February 10, 2017.Vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth about the album's style: "At the end of the day Overkill is Overkill. Our trademark is that we are always recognizable on every release. For the three decades we have been around we were always Overkill. So sure it is a metal record and like always it will have sort of a thrash vibe to it with some melody in it. It's always best to try to make it better or at least think in your mind that it is going to be better. That becomes the challenge. I think that is what keeps the band rolling. A lot of bands are known for what they have done, but I feel being known for where you are and what you are doing is where true value lies. I feel we accomplished that on the last few albums."The album's title was revealed in an interview with Alternative Nation in August 2016, along with a projected release date of November. It was originally planned to be released in October 2016 before being pushed back a month later;however, the album's release date was pushed back to February 2017 to coincide with their U.S. tour with Nile.On November 16, 2016, it was announced that The Grinding Wheel will be released on February 10, 2017, and its artwork and track listing were revealed on the same day.The Grinding Wheel has received generally positive reviews from critics. Blabbermouth.net writer Ray Van Horn, Jr. gave the album a rating of nine-and-a-half out of ten, and said, "If you think Overkill expended its tanks producing output with such astonishing velocity, you don't know this band very well. For its eighteenth album, The Grinding Wheel, Overkill does the unthinkable: it outdoes itself. Consider that some fans dropped off after 1991's Horrorscope, which is those poor saps' folly. For the diehard wrecking crew, The Grinding Wheel is going to be a gift to cling to throughout 2017." He finished his review saying that the album "well surpasses the recent offerings by the Big Four, noble as most of the latter's recent offerings have been. If Destruction won the thrash sweepstakes in 2016, consider Overkill early on front runners for 2017."

Line-Up:

D.D. Verni Bass, Vocals (1980-present) - See also: The Bronx Casket Co., ex-The Lubricunts
Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth Vocals (1980-present) - See also: The Cursed, ex-D.O.A.
Dave Linsk Guitars (lead) (1999-present) - See also: Fa-Q, Speed Kill Hate, ex-Anger on Anger, ex-Zyris
Derek "The Skull" Tailer Guitars (rhythm) (2001-present) - See also: Fa-Q, ex-Dee Snider, ex-Speed Kill Hate
Ron Lipnicki Drums (2005-present) - See also: Dan Lorenzo, Ministry of Hate, Grime Factor, Southern Shift, ex-Hades, ex-HavocHate

Tracklist:

01. Mean Green Killing Machine 07:29
02. Goddamn Trouble 06:21
03. Our Finest Hour 05:49
04. Shine On 06:03
05. The Long Road 06:45
06. Let's All Go to Hades 04:55
07. Come Heavy 04:59
08. Red White and Blue 05:05
09. The Wheel 04:51
10. The Grinding Wheel 07:55
11. Emerald (Thin Lizzy cover) 03:52 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Godamn Trouble" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:41

Overkill - The Grinding Wheel (Japan Edition) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017 (Japan Edition)

Bio:

Album:

The Grinding Wheel is the upcoming eighteenth studio album by American thrash metal band Overkill, due for release on February 10, 2017.Vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth about the album's style: "At the end of the day Overkill is Overkill. Our trademark is that we are always recognizable on every release. For the three decades we have been around we were always Overkill. So sure it is a metal record and like always it will have sort of a thrash vibe to it with some melody in it. It's always best to try to make it better or at least think in your mind that it is going to be better. That becomes the challenge. I think that is what keeps the band rolling. A lot of bands are known for what they have done, but I feel being known for where you are and what you are doing is where true value lies. I feel we accomplished that on the last few albums."The album's title was revealed in an interview with Alternative Nation in August 2016, along with a projected release date of November. It was originally planned to be released in October 2016 before being pushed back a month later;however, the album's release date was pushed back to February 2017 to coincide with their U.S. tour with Nile.On November 16, 2016, it was announced that The Grinding Wheel will be released on February 10, 2017, and its artwork and track listing were revealed on the same day.The Grinding Wheel has received generally positive reviews from critics. Blabbermouth.net writer Ray Van Horn, Jr. gave the album a rating of nine-and-a-half out of ten, and said, "If you think Overkill expended its tanks producing output with such astonishing velocity, you don't know this band very well. For its eighteenth album, The Grinding Wheel, Overkill does the unthinkable: it outdoes itself. Consider that some fans dropped off after 1991's Horrorscope, which is those poor saps' folly. For the diehard wrecking crew, The Grinding Wheel is going to be a gift to cling to throughout 2017." He finished his review saying that the album "well surpasses the recent offerings by the Big Four, noble as most of the latter's recent offerings have been. If Destruction won the thrash sweepstakes in 2016, consider Overkill early on front runners for 2017."

Line-Up:

D.D. Verni Bass, Vocals (1980-present) - See also: The Bronx Casket Co., ex-The Lubricunts
Dave Linsk Guitars (lead) (1999-present) - See also: Fa-Q, Speed Kill Hate, ex-Anger on Anger, ex-Zyris
Derek "The Skull" Tailer Guitars (rhythm) (2001-present) - See also: Fa-Q, ex-Dee Snider, ex-Speed Kill Hate
Ron Lipnicki Drums (2005-present) - See also: Dan Lorenzo, Ministry of Hate, Grime Factor, Southern Shift, ex-Hades, ex-HavocHate

Tracklist:

01. Mean Green Killing Machine 07:29
02. Goddamn Trouble 06:21
03. Our Finest Hour 05:49
04. Shine On 06:03
05. The Long Road 06:45
06. Let's All Go to Hades 04:55
07. Come Heavy 04:59
08. Red White and Blue 05:05
09. The Wheel 04:51
10. The Grinding Wheel 07:55
11. Emerald (Thin Lizzy cover) 03:52 (Bonus Track)
12. Sanctuary (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Godamn Trouble" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:42

Overkill - Under The Influence (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2019)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video

Bio:

Album:

SPECIAL DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION. Fully Remastered Audio, 16 page full colour booklet, 3,500 word essay, new interview with Bobby Ellsworth and enhanced artwork with unpublished photos.Under The Influence is a legendary thrash album. This album and others like it really helped the thrash scene peak in the late 80s. It’s probably my favorite Overkill album. It’s certainly better than their later work. The songs are much more melodic and first-rate than their following albums, such as Horrorscope. Apparently, some people on archives don’t feel the same. But that has no influence on my 96% grade.This is everything a thrash album should be. The album starts fast and heavy with Shred. Track one has a powerful riff and impressive chorus. It is a premonition of things to come, for the rest of the album is just as quality. Hello From The Gutter has to be one of the top ten thrash songs ever. An amazing riff and immaculate chorus leaves you dumbfounded. The lyrics are great too, “The Big Apple’s rotten, rotting in the heat!” Bobby Gustafson is quite apt with the guitar, as D.D. Verni is with his bass. Put them together and you have deafening metal with intense solos. This song is sacred to many thrash fans. Blitzes vocals are a little screechy, but it adds character, and he’s still a very accomplished thrash lead singer. In fact, I like his vocals. Mad Gone World is almost as notable, with an especially fast chorus and energetic riffs. The song is fast and angry with lyrics hinting that a delusional man composed it. Brainfade keeps up the pace, as does Drunken Wisdom half way through the album. Brainfade has a funny clip of some whiny guy talking, pretty much the topic of the song. It’s most likely personal. The great tracks keep coming until they conclude with Overkill III. Bobby Gustafson perfects every chorus with his flawless guitar playing, and Blitzes striking vocals add the final touches. Give Sid credit on the percussion too, especially for keeping up with those fast riffs.Therefore this is a classic Overkill album. Hello From The Gutter is an elite thrash release that helped thrash peak in 88’. Unfortunately the scene went downhill from there. If you’re a thrash/speed fan chances are you own it, but if not, what are you waiting for? New bands need to recreate a sound like this. If an album similar to Hello From The Gutter debuted today, I’m confident thrash would make a full return. Anyway this album is in a class of it’s own, fully deserving of its 96%.

Line-Up:

Sid Falck - Drums
D.D. Verni - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Bobby Gustafson - Guitars, Vocals (backing)

Tracklist:

01. Shred 04:05
02. Never Say Never 04:58
03. Hello from the Gutter 04:12
04. Mad Gone World 04:31
05. Brainfade 04:08
06. Drunken Wisdom 06:18
07. End of the Line 07:03
08. Head First 06:02
09. Overkill III (Under the Influence) 06:28

+ Video "Hello from the Gutter" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:42

Overkill - The Wings Of War (Limited Edition Digipak) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019

Bio:

Album:

New Jersey’s craziest motherfuckers are back to attack. Overkill’s longevity is enviable – especially in the thrash metal world – having released 19 albums (counting this one) in a span of more than 30 years. Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth (vocals), D.D. Verni (bass) and friends, always considered one of the best US thrash acts around, had some musical issues during the 1990’s with less-than-good efforts, but since the thunderous ‘Ironbound’ (2010) these dudes are on a roll, which continues with 2019’s ‘The Wings of War’.While not nearly as forceful or brutal as albums like recent steamrollers ‘The Electric Age’ (2012) and ‘White Devil Armory’ (2014), Overkill’s new endeavor to the thrash dome is still an interesting one. Considering recurrent characteristics of the band such as the powerful opener (“Last Man Standing”) and some laid-back, almost party-like moments (“Welcome to the Garden State”), this here is yet another classic “in your balls” Overkill record, full of groovy bass lines, faster than hell riffs and some crazy ass “Blitz” howls.Unlike their other recent albums, though, there are a couple of songs here that don’t bring anything relevant to the table, such as “Head of a Pin”, “A Mother’s Prayer” and “Where Few Dare to Walk”. These are decent, but extremely forgettable and safe instrumental-wise. The duo Dave Linsk and Derek Tailer (guitars) seem not to be at their best playing, and newcomer Jason Bittner (drums, Shadows Fall) doesn’t blast through the kit like a madman as he does on battering rams like “Believe in the Fight” or “Bat Shit Crazy”.The drum sticks, in fact, have been beautifully passed on from Ron Lipnicki to Bittner. The New Yorker puts a lot of energy in the beats and rips through the speakers like a tornado; big points to the band for making a great choice here.Other fine moments like “Distortion” and “Out on the Road-Kill”, for example, fill out the album with quality and aggressiveness. While the former brings a dark, somber atmosphere to the table, the latter is yet another frantic, fast-paced track reminiscing those unpretentious moments of the heydays of thrash metal.Closing the record is “Hole In My Soul”, which starts slowly and builds up as D.D dictates the rhythm. Heavier riffs in the verse and a powerful chorus make for a great outro, which will keep your blood pumping long after the track ends. There is a bonus track called “Ashes”, but since my promo copy didn’t include this I can’t analyze if it’s awesome or a shit fest.Despite finding their latest entry, ‘The Grinding Wheel’ (2017), a little bit better, ‘The Wings of War’ is definitely more organic and simplistic than its predecessor, which could grab more listeners to Overkill’s ranks. There’s no shortage of cool riffs, crushing bass lines and monstrous drumming, as well as some bonkers trademark screaming by Bobby “Blitz”, which is always an awesome thing to hear.As far as Overkill albums go, this probably ranks in the middle of the shelf alongside decent works like ‘Necroshine’ (1999) and ‘Killbox 13’ (2003), but continues with the small stepbacks seen since ‘Ironbound’ – which is by far their best album of the 2010’s. All in all, by mixing classic US thrash elements with heavyweight instrumentals and adding to that their characteristic unpretentious approach to music, D.D., “Blitz” and company have done it once again in creating an extremely fun album to listen to, especially in places like the gym or on a road trip; recommended, as always.

Line-Up:

D.D. Verni - Bass, Vocals (1980-present) - See also: The Bronx Casket Co., ex-The Lubricunts
Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth - Vocals (1980-present) - See also: ex-The Cursed, ex-D.O.A.
Dave Linsk - Guitars (lead) (1999-present) - See also: Speed Kill Hate, ex-Anger on Anger, ex-Zyris
Derek "The Skull" Tailer - Guitars (rhythm) (2001-present) - See also: ex-Dee Snider, ex-Speed Kill Hate
Jason Bittner - Drums (2017-present) - See also: Burning Human, Hellspeak, Shadows Fall, ex-China White, ex-Ever Dark, ex-Flotsam and Jetsam, ex-Toxik, ex-Anthrax (live), ex-Crisis, ex-Stigmata, ex-Lynch's Mr. Scary (live)

Tracklist:

01. Last Man Standing
02. Believe In The Fight
03. Head Of A Pin
04. Bat Shit Crazy
05. Distortion
06. A Mother's Prayer
07. Welcome To The Garden State
08. Where Few Dare To Walk
09. Out On The Road-Kill
10. Hole In My Soul
11. In Ashes (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Welcome To The Garden State" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:43

Overkill - Last Man Standing (EP) (Digisleeve Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018

Bio:

Album:

OVERKILL are set to release their 19th studio album on 22nd February 2019, but in the meantime they have released a taster of what to expect with the release of the ‘Last Man Standing’ EP/single. So what makes up this release I hear you scream? Well the first two tracks, The Last Man Standing and Head Of A Pin, are lifted from the new album. The third track is a live version of ‘Hello From The Gutter’ recorded at Rock Hard Festival 2015 and which is an immense OVERKILL track which was original on their 3rd album ‘Under The Influence’. The 4th track is a live cover version of the DEAD BOYS song ‘Sonic Reducer’ which was recorded live at Rock Hard Festival 2018. The final track is a cover of the ANIMALS classic song ‘We Gotta Get Out Of This Place’ which was originally included on the Japanese release of OVERKILL’S 11th album ‘Bloodletting’.So the main question on everyone’s lips is what are the first two tracks like? Well ‘The Last Man Standing’ starts off very weak and bizarre and sounds like a poor 90’s nu metal intro. But then the track let’s rip and OVERKILL are here to let you know that they aren’t about to let up just yet. The track pummels along and destroys everything in its path with the thrash attack that we’ve come to love from OVERKILL, all finished off with the distinctive vocals of Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth. The second track ‘Head Of A Pin’ isn’t as frenetic or chaotic as ‘Last Man Standing’ but it is still a classic thrash anthem. The two tracks are a great taster to the new forthcoming album ‘The Wings Of War’ and will wet the appetite of OVERKILL fans and is a great introduction to new fans wanting to discover these Thrash Titans for the first time.So another question we have to ask is whether this is an essential purchase? Well the answer would have to be no, unless you are either an OVERKILL diehard fan and completist or a newbie to OVERKILL and want a taster of the thrash sonic assault they have been producing over the years. If you are a fan of OVERKILL or thrash then I would recommend purchasing the first two tracks and the remaining 3 would be for personal preference.

Line-Up:

Tracklist:

01. Last Man Standing 05:50
02. Head of a Pin 05:59
03. Hello from the Gutter 04:14
04. Sonic Reducer 03:02
05. We Gotta Get Out of This Place 03:07

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 13:46

Overkill - White Devil Armory (Limited Edition Digipak) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014

Bio:

Album:

The band entered Gear Recording on August 31st to begin recording their 17th studio album.On January 14, it was announced that the new album, which was scheduled to be released on March 7 was postponed to July.[On March 15, it was revealed that the new album is going to be titled White Devil Armory in Europe through Nuclear Blast and July 22 in North America through eOne Music."White Devil Armory 'combines terrific original and fresh ideas with an ordinary charge Olschool-Spirit, Under The Influence' or, Years Of Decay' days. Had learned and combines these with powerful, slightly, Bloodletting' times reminiscent midtempo riffs and open, Saxon on speed 'riffs that fans already on, Ironbound' (, Bring Me The Night ') love. The very natural, earthy production is 18th Overkill album still on the crown. Thrash with class! "Legacy

Line-Up:

Tracklist:

01. XDᵐ 00:49
02. Armorist 03:53
03. Down to the Bone 04:04
04. Pig 05:21
05. Bitter Pill 05:48
06. Where There's Smoke... 04:20
07. Freedom Rings 06:52
08. Another Day to Die 04:56
09. King of the Rat Bastards 04:09
10. It's All Yours 04:26
11. In the Name 06:03
12. The Fight Song (Bonus Track)
13. Miss Misery (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 14:00

Overkill - The Electric Age - Tour Edition (2CD) (Limited Edition) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Thrash Metal , Groove Metal
Size : 240 mb

Bio:

Album:

To me, this is a "new" Overkill record despite the reality that 3 albums have been released in the meantime and we're starting to anticipate another. The reason it counts as new is because everything from Ironbound onwards counts as new in terms of style and form for these New Jersey veterans; also, because I actually have this album sitting at home and probably bought it only 3 or 4 years ago, after the time I was granted every Overkill album up to and including Immortalis. (I say granted, but I mean that I found an amazing hard drive somewhere.) Significant in drawing the line, thrash made a full comeback over the groovier ventures of the previous decade, and The Electric Age lives up to its name by raising the voltage a bit more than most of the material on either side chronologically. It still contends with my timeless Overkill niggle, which comes down to disliking heavy rhythms where more heavy riffing would do me just nicely, but I guess while D.D. Verni numbers among the quintet's ranks, it's hard to reject the bass presence and slugged-out rhythmic parts.As ever, some of the cuts are pretty hefty by thrash standards, this album sitting on the 50 minute mark and peddling 10 songs, though sensibly 2 of the longest (above 6 minutes each) reside at the front of the listen, testing patience less at the album's end. Overall, the features that mark almost every one include lurching riffing with that slamming quality of hardcore at times, some more technical guitar moments particularly on the leads, incensed vocal snarling and wailing from the inimitable Blitz, and those incredibly heavy-duty rhythms from Verni and Ron Lipnicki on drums. With the sheer weight of all the instruments, I'm actually impressed that Overkill manage to maintain a pretty quick mid-pace most of the time, since the guitars seem all blunt edges and grinding gears - the bass somehow even more so, like a tombstone being dragged shut - and, coupled with the gut punch of the drums, would absolutely cripple your average car stereo, or at the very least send an automatic warning to the police from the other side of town. Why do I mention the sonic properties of the album along with its length? Simply, those not keen on this heavyweight form of demolition had better search for more forgiving thrash from Testament, Megadeth, or Annihilator, all bands that tend to add more variety to the all-out thrashing we get on The Electric Age.Of course, much of the former paragraph refers to personal preference in your thrash metal, and despite feeling a bit bruised by Overkill's approach, I can't deny that they do a good job writing songs. The longer cuts balance between traditional riffing build-ups, manic verses, some slower atmospheric parts, plus extended lead and bridge sections that can alter the flavour of the piece midway. That's the case when 'Drop the Hammer Down' enters a series of wicked chord changes and a brief harmonized guitar section, where it sounds like Iron Maiden are fighting off weapon-wielding burglars before standing victorious for one of Dave Linsk's longer, more melodic solos. Of course, it returns to the rampant boxing match chorus soon after. Having 'Come and Get It' as the leading track proves intriguing too, not least because it mixes some of the pacier riffs with an unusual choral interlude in the middle, when it sounds like a troop of ancient soldiers preparing for battle - a brief power metal oddity in a field of raging thrash. Other moments that particularly stand out include the manic heightening of '21st Century Man' during much of its length, the catchier brevity of 'Black Haze', and the tender clean guitar that opens 'Good Night' only to explode into the kind of anthem that appeared on Horrorscope.Although in the scope of their career The Electric Age probably didn't seem like a certain step, Overkill's trajectory over the past decade proves that this extremely solid album roughly represents the peak performance of the "new" era due to gradually diminishing returns from a similar formula ever since. Rarely in doubt is the band's ability to keep the intensity going across a 50-60 minute album, yet some of the releases from the group make such length unnecessary, something that the recording in questions suffers less from, though suffers from all the same. Personally, trimming a few songs by a minute or more would make me more appreciative of the hard-hitting exhibition, largely because the amount of repetition necessary to conventional thrash song structure reduces the impact of any idea, however good. Certainly that's the case with the lengthy yet straightforward 'All Over But the Shouting', which might have been held back along with 'Save Yourself', even if the absence of the latter would rob us of a gnarly bass solo introducing the guitar solo. Generally speaking, The Electric Age is charged with energy and potency, selling itself well as one of Overkill's finest recent efforts.

Line Up:

Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth – Vocals
D.D. Verni – Bass, Backing Vocals
Dave Linsk – Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Derek Tailer – Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
Ron Lipnicki – Drums

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Come and Get It 06:17
02. Electric Rattlesnake 06:19
03. Wish You Were Dead 04:19
04. Black Daze 03:55
05. Save Yourself 03:43
06. Drop the Hammer Down 06:25
07. 21st Century Man 04:12
08. Old Wounds, New Scars 04:11
09. All Over but the Shouting 05:30
10. Good Night 05:36

CD2: Live from OZ (EP) (2013)

01. Horrorscope
02. Long Time Dyin'
03. Necroshine
04. Walk through Fire

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 14:33

Overkill - Armorist (SP) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 117 mb

Bio:

Album:

The band entered Gear Recording on August 31st to begin recording their 17th studio album.On January 14, it was announced that the new album, which was scheduled to be released on March 7 was postponed to July.[On March 15, it was revealed that the new album is going to be titled White Devil Armory in Europe through Nuclear Blast and July 22 in North America through eOne Music.

Line-Up:

Tracklist:

01. Armorist 03:50

+ Video "Armorist" (Official Music Video)
+ Video "Armorist" (Audio Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Apr 2023, 07:05

Overkill - Scorched (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Album:

Hell yeah!!! April 2023 has some pretty cool shit going on in thrash metal. On one hand the German Deimos' Dawn, which I have already reviewed, but on the other comes Enforced and in this case Overkill from overseas in my stereo. Now the only question is whether you prefer it cozy with a massage chair and a cold beer (Overkill) or rather with a crowbar in the face and a schnapps for afterwards (Enforced). So let's start with the cozier part, Scorched.First of all, the guys from Overkill with this album have their 20th (!) studio album, which I find quite impressive. Even more impressive, however, is that they have delivered nothing really bad since the very boring and soft From The Underground And Below from 1997, if you ignore the somewhat uninspired songs on ReliXIV. So that leaves only two somewhat weaker albums for the time being (the second weak, because not very powerful album is I Hear Black in my opinion). Now, of course, the question arises whether Overkill can continue to deliver on such a high level after the series of good-class albums.I'll give the answer once, directly and in advance: yes, they can and they have even brought a few thick songwriting surprises. The groovy elements we know from the past are again a central element of the Overkill sound on Scorched. The NJ thrashers rely on a lot of hook lines, for example 'Goin Home' gets stuck directly in your head because of its highly melodic parts and the hooklines. 'Know Her Name' and 'Bag O Bones' are also typical Overkill thrash songs, whereby the chorus of 'Bag O Bones' comes across a bit bluesy and fits perfectly into the rather fast song despite the unusual arrangement. Blitz' voice sounds especially fresh and high here as it hasn't in a long time. On the other side, there are also the slower, again very bluesy, Black Sabbath-inspired songs that Overkill also liked to compose in the past. Thus, 'Wicked Place' (which surprises with a very casual guitar solo and orchestral final part and thus seems quite threatening and gloomy) and 'Fever' (which is almost a half ballad) are by far the slowest, but no less interesting, songs on the album. 'Heaven And Hell' is also a very interesting song, which somehow reminds me of Black Sabbath - oh wait, the song is called 'Won't Be Coming Back' and after 33 seconds Ronnie James Dio is also history again and Overkill celebrate here a firework of melodies, awesome riffs and good humor.I have now heard the album umpteen times and find, if at all, only a few points of criticism. One or two songs are perhaps rather average Overkill products, but even that is still better than - and I'm going out on a limb here - what the band, which will release the ugliest metal cover (no, not Holy Moses!) at the same time on April 14, will present with their new album, I'm sure! But maybe I'm just writing bullshit because I am trapped in the matrix and will be digested from the machines soon.

Line-Up:

Tracklist:

01. Scorched
02. Goin' Home
03. The Surgeon
04. Twist Of The Wick
05. Wicked Place
06. Won't Be Comin' Back
07. Fever
08. Harder They Fall
09. Know Her Name
10. Bag O' Bones

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných