Stonelake - Marching On Timeless Tales (2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Mar 2020, 14:48

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

In August 1984 guitarist Jan Åkesson and singer Peter Grundström got to know each other after performing at the same show in different bands; Jan was lead guitar in Ravage and Peter was fronting Whitelight. Their meeting led to the conclusion of Jan’s work with Ravage and he became a new member in Whitelight in the fall of the same year.Whitelight’s focus was melodic hard rock, initially influenced by Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Bad Company and then by a ‘new wave’ of English, American and Canadian bands such as Whitesnake, Van Halen, Journey, Toto, Riot, Wrabit and Dokken. Whitelight played many gigs and produced many demos in search of that elusive record deal.After 3 years with Whitelight, in 1987, Jan decided to leave the band and went his own way to spread his wings with tougher, more guitar-oriented hard rock. Peter stayed in Whitelight, who changed their name to Kee Avenue.Jan went on to form new bands Why Not, Perfect Stranger and Dr Blue, playing many very successful gigs and making several acclaimed recordings.Kee Avenue split up in 1991 after the bass player and the keyboard player left the band. After this final breakup Peter went on to play and sing with several different, mostly cover bands, though he kept on writing songs, always looking for the right project to showcase his talent.In 1994 Jan decided to step back from live performance to concentrate on writing and producing songs in his new studio on the emerging digital recording platforms that would soon come to dominate the music industry.Finally, 15 years after the two first played together, Jan decided to give Peter a call, thinking that it was time for a ‘reunion’. A good meal and a few beers was the spark that lit a new beginning.The result was StoneLake.

Album:

STONELAKEare not new in town, their strong musical roots were planted back in the mid 80's only to rise again after several lineup changes. "Marching On Timeless Tales" is their fifth album and the heaviest to date. I can describe STONELAKE as a mix of the new HELLOWEEN with a taste JUDAS PRIEST, at least where the vocals are concerned, while serving a melodic atmosphere of Heavy Metal due to the contributions of the keyboards lines."Red Canyon", the opening track, blazoned with a sharp sound of heavy guitar riffs followed by melodic high note singing. The chorus on this one was a powerful and bombastic point, especially while it laid on the oriental style keyboards. I think that thanks for the amazing heavy riffs, this was their best track in the album. The second track, "Liar", combined some progressive parts along with Heavy / Power Metal. I believe that you would remain speechless after you would listen to the quality high note chanting of the singer Peter Grundström.However, with those two as shining stars, I wasn't that amazed from the rest of the tracklist. It's not about listening to this kind of stuff in the past, yet it is just that I haven't drawn the same kind of enthusiasm as the first two amplified. I wished that all the songs were in the same level of their opening track and its follower, unfortunately I felt as if the rest of the songs were a selection of higher moments along with a lot more low quality mementos. For example, on "Fool With No Denial", STONELAKE wrote, for what I believed to be, their strongest guitar riff ever and suddenly it stopped in favor of a relaxing keyboard verse that just ruined the powerful drive that opened the song. On some of their songs I heard powerful choruses and less strong stanzas and vice versa like on "Lay Down The War" which has a strong opening that continued until the dull chorus. Sometimes there was a feeling that the keyboards were too much in the front of the mix while the true Heavy Metal spirit was pushed back to a rather dark atmosphere.STONELAKE's strongest point is the singer. Their material is good but only one song really stood to become an unbreakable part of my mind.

Line-Up:

Lasse Johansson - Bass
Jens Westberg - Drums
Jan Åkesson - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals (backing)
Peter Grundström - Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Red Canyon
02. Liar
03. Sound of a Whisper
04. SnakeChild
05. Fool with No Denial
06. Rain
07. Lay Down the War
08. Give It Up
09. Winds of Fire
10. Enter the Temple

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných