Down 'N' Outz - This Is How We Roll (Japan SHM-CD Digipak Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Okt 2023, 09:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (Japan SHM-CD Digipak Edition) (2019)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 128 mb

Bio:

Down 'n' Outz are an English band featuring members from Def Leppard, The Quireboys, and Raw Glory. The group covers bands and artists related to Mott the Hoople including Mott, British Lions, and Ian Hunter.Their debut album, My ReGeneration, was released in 2010, and was followed by a DVD release of the band's show at Hammersmith Odeon.The band's second studio album was released in April 2014.Sometimes, the most interesting of projects arise from the most unusual of circumstances. So it is that the Down 'N Outz is a project fronted by Def Leppard's Joe Elliott, backed by The Quireboys and playing rare tracks connected only by Mott The Hoople....Joe Elliott takes up the story, "When Mott The Hoople announced they were reforming for a week's worth of shows at the Hammersmith Odeon I was asked that I participate in some capacity. They've always been my favourite band and it's nice to see the rest of the rock world finally catch up and give them their due.""But, what was I to do? It was suggested to me that the Quireboys would be up for offering their services. This was perfect! A fan since their first album, I loved the idea of working with a band as enthusiastic to do this as I was. I decided that the thing to do was play some songs that like-minded people thought they would never hear live again, if ever, songs by spin offs of Mott the Hoople - songs by Mott, Ian Hunter and British Lions. Songs that are close to my heart, songs that I've played every week for the best part of 35 years on record, cassette, CD, iPod and now live."The Down 'N Outz supported Mott The Hoople at one of their legendary 2009 reformation shows at Hammersmith Odeon. In addition to Joe Elliott (Vocals/Guitar/Keyboards), the band featured The Quireboys' Paul Guerin (Guitar), Guy Griffin (Guitar), Keith Weir (keyboards) and Phil Martini (drums) and finally bassist Ronnie Garrity (Raw Glory). Following a rapturous reception, the one night project took on a life and energy of its own and an album project was born.Down 'N Outz then set about recording an album's worth of material. The album was produced by Joe Elliott with co-production by Ronan McHugh. The album was recorded at Joe Elliott's own studio, Joe's Garage, and Moor Hall studio in Bedfordshire.

Album:

DOWN ‘N’ OUTZ, the project headed up by Def Leppard frontman and 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Joe Elliott, are set to release their third studio album October 11, 2019. The band, competed by The Quireboys’ Paul Guerin (Guitar), Guy Griffin (Guitar) and Keith Weir (keyboards), plus Share Ross (Bass, ex Vixen) and Phil Martini (drums, Wayward Sons), take a different approach on “This Is How We Roll” than on the previous albums.This new LP features eleven original Joe Elliott penned tracks, and only one cover this time: The Tubes’ ‘White Punks On Dope’.It has been five years since the last Down ‘N’ Outz studio album, although their respective other bands have all been busy touring and / or recording in the interim (the Quireboys in particular always seem to be either in the studio or on the road).This album marks the first album of all original songs, bar one cover – an enthusiastic run through ‘White Kids On Dope’ by the Tubes – and they are all written by Joe Elliott. The music is like a trip through Joe Elliott’s record collection, as there are hints of Queen, 10CC, Ian Hunter, Bad Co, and even Elton John throughout the songs.The star of the show, aside from Elliot’s vocals, is the piano and keyboards playing of Keith Weir. Be it the rolling piano riffs on ‘Another Man’s War’ or on the ballad ‘Goodnight Mr Jones’, his elegant and tasteful ivory work really adds to the music.‘Goodnight Mr Jones’ is a fitting tribute to David Bowie, where you can play spot the Bowie song title whilst enjoying the guitar solo.‘Last Man Standing’ goes big on the 70s sound, complete with strings and plenty of harmony vocals – sounding not unlike a Cats In Space tune (imagine a joint effort from these two bands now that could be musical magic).‘Walking To Babylon’ and ‘Let It Shine’ are mini-epics, the former adding in a little choral backing, strings and more of that piano. The uplifting ‘Let It Shine’ features a fine vocal from Joe and suitably impressive guitar outro.Moving on from their excellent renditions of British classic rock tunes, Down ‘N’ Outz show they can still produce a strong album based on their own songs. And there’s some really, really good tunes here.

Line-Up:

Joe Elliott (Def Leppard) - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Paul Guerin (The Quireboys) - Guitar
Guy Griffin (The Quireboys) - Guitar
Keith Weir (The Quireboys) - Keyboards
Phil Martini (The Quireboys) - Drums
Share Ross - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Another Man’s War
02. This Is How We Roll
03. Goodnight Mr. Jones
04. Creatures
05. Last Man Standing
06. Music Box
07. Boys Don’t Cry
08. Walking To Babylon
09. Let It Shine
10. Music Box Reprise / Griff’s Lament
11. White Punks On Dope
12. The Destruction Of Hideous Objects, Pt.3
13. Goodnight Mr. Jones (Stripped Down Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 25 neregistrovaných