Velvet Viper - The Pale Man Is Holding A Broken Heart (Digipak Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Júl 2023, 11:41

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Jutta Weinhold and Bubi used to play in Zed Yago.The band was split up by Jutta in 1990 and afterwards she founded Velvet Viper.Zed Yago falls into a hole, her name was eaten away and she became Velvet Viper - well, this idea is not really convincing, which is probably because she was born out of necessity. There was, in my opinion, on the debut of 1991 (or the 'third' release) some of the best songs of all four discs. Whether "World Behind The World" or the three consecutive "King Arthur", "Lost Children" and "Ring Of Stone" (CD Bonus Track) Who now suspects a concept about King Arthur, etc., is right. These legends have been in fashion since the success of Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon; in the book or in the film adaptation was told from the perspective of female persons - which in turn fits Zed Yago or Velvet Viper. The classic piece this time is Wagner's "Parsifal".The only thing that looks like something foreign in content is "Brainsuckers: Thommyknockers", which is based on the novel by Stephen King. Apart from such minor points of criticism a strong publication, which (understandably) lacks the new and the fresh breeze of "From Over Yonder", which nevertheless convinces with mature songwriting, that is why I find both works really successful and recommendable.Velvet Viper - The 4th Quest For Fantasy (1992) could not keep up. Not only that the cover is pretty ugly in my eyes, also the tracks are somehow not so enthralling. Themes are about Amazons and Valkyries, hence the intro "The Valkyrie".Somehow I had (and I have) the feeling that there was a little bit out of breath. So I was not surprised that no other Velvet Viper CD followed. Jutta Weinhold is still musically active in different variants (rocking, acoustic) and under different names like Jutta Weinhold Band u.a.Nevertheless, Zed Yago / Velvet Viper never forgot her, even though her story was not told at the time, from my - and probably not only my - (possibly subjective) point of view, she extended her attention to the four works mentioned above. However, it is not final and Jutta sometimes picks up on the topic, e.g. on "From Heaven Through The World To Hell" (released under the name Weinhold).There are always live performances (at metal festivals, for example) where the old songs are played and some fans of that time are excited, as I was able to experience myself at the Metal Assault III. The legend of the Flying Dutchman's daughter lives on in memory, on recordings and even at concerts ...

Album:

VELVET VIPER is a German band that’s been going strong since 1990. Their latest album aims to come full circle with their first, employing thematic elements from old myths and stories, but ramping it up in intensity. Working with the same songwriters, the ramped up the intensity to bring fans their latest.“Things Behind” is an ambient intro with clanking like footsteps and someone saying, “you will feel it when the pale man is holding a broken heart.” The beating becomes more intense as we go into the second track, the first complete song. So far, the scene is set for Gothic/Doom/Industrial Metal.“Gotterdammerung” starts off almost where the last song left off, with acoustic strumming building into the main riff. The ambiance from the first intro re-enters when the vocalist begins to sing. Her voice is clear, and I enjoy how the song goes from soft in the verses to hard in the chorus. The refrain is also noteworthy in the way it slows down and speeds up, keeping the seven-minute song fresh.“All by Yourself” is a traditional, fist-pumping number with a short intro and a simple riff. It’s a solid song and I imagine it would be fun at concerts, especially with the chant of “loving, living, crying, dying” in the background. The guitar solo squeals with some well-placed sweeps thrown in and is icing on the cake of this song.“One-Eyed Ruler” begins with a down-tuned riff reminiscent of Doom Metal. This song has a more traditional Doom Metal vibe with the grungy guitars and dirge-like tempo. The echoing choir elements add a unique touch.“Samson and Delilah” has a short ambient intro before going into the main riff. The near silence of the intro and the structure of the riff seem to play on DIO’s eponymous song “Holy Diver.” The beat is steady, almost like a march, and the ambient music invokes a sword-and-sandal scene, keeping with the Biblical themes in the song. The call-and-response in the first chorus is unexpected, but an interesting touch. The guitar solo is intense, but short.“Confuse and Satisfy” starts like a traditional Power Metal song, with high, down-tuned guitars, fast drums and a soaring riff. The vocals are clear and operatic. It’s a solid song; the melody is engaging and the subtle tricks through the song keep a listener interested, like subtle melody changes.“Something Is Rotten” begins like a ballad with slow, long guitar notes on top of a steady drumbeat, descending into a slower melody. The vocals soar about the melody in intensity in the chorus. The second verse sounds almost like a duet. The guitar solo soars.“Keep Your Head Up” begins with an acoustic chord that builds into a rolling guitar riff. The effect is an anthemic, uplifting song with a waltz tempo that sounds ominous and inspiring at the same time. I also appreciated the way the song dipped from heavy to acoustic and back up again through the song without making big leaps in tone.“Hide Your Fire” begins with a crawling riff an anthemic drums. This is my favorite track for vocals; they’re the clearest they’ve been on this album and they work nicely against the gritty guitars. The chanting in the solo would be fun at a concert.“The Wheel Has Come Full Circle” begins as traditional Doom Metal; I’m not sure how I feel about the theatrical inflection in the singer’s voice in the beginning, though, they sound weird and while they lend themselves thematically, I think it’s a little over-the-top. When it ramps up, it still has some Doom Metal elements, particularly in the chorus, but it incorporates intense guitar riffs in the intro and solo from Power Metal.The final song, “One Day” is intense with higher vocals, crashing drums, and fast guitar riffs. I enjoy this song as a closer; it’s a technically strong song and captivates my interest throughout. It contrasts with the slow, thematic opening. However, I’ll point out that it sounds like any other track off the album, but that’s what the album’s closer called for: no bombast, no overture of every other song they’ve done, no closing statement.Overall, the songs are interesting, combining elements of Power and Doom Metal in a way that keeps the listener engaged. Every song is unique and has a different theme or flavor. The production could be a little clearer and a little less 1980s for my taste, but that’s my one problem with the album. Other than that, the songs are solid and if you’re a fan of classic, lighter Doom Metal, it’s worth checking out.

Line Up:

Jutta Weinhold - Vocals (1990-1993, 2017-present) - See also: Jutta Weinhold, ex-Breslau, ex-Weinhold, Jutta Weinhold's Akustik Randale, ex-Zed Yago, ex-Blue Note, ex-Kaftan Blues Band, ex-Special Voices, ex-The Strikeman, ex-Amon Düül II (live), ex-Udo Lindenberg (live)
Fabian Ranft - Bass (2017-present) - See also: Jutta Weinhold, ex-Inquiring Blood
Holger Marx - Guitars (2017-present) - See also: Jutta Weinhold
Johannes Möllers - Bass (2019-present) - See also: Voldt, From Willows
Micha Fromm - Drums (2017-present)

Tracklist:

01. Things Behind
02. Götterdämmerung
03. All by Yourself
04. One Eyed Ruler
05. Samson and Delilah
06. Confuse and Satisfy
07. Something Is Rotten
08. Keep Your Head Up
09. Hide Your Fire
10. The Wheel Has Come Full Circle
11. One Day

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 33 neregistrovaných