Warrior Path - Warrior Path (Digipak Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2020, 11:35

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Epic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 125 mb

Bio:

Warrior Path is an Epic Heavy-Power Metal band from Greece.Warrior Path is the lifetime project of Greek guitarist/composer Andreas Sinanoglou, joined by Yannis Papadopoulos (Beast In Black) on vocals and Bob Katsionis (Firewind) on guitars & keys who also produced the album. His debut self-titled album is the beggining of a long journey in the world of Epic/Power Metal.

Album:

Debut album of Andreas Sinanoglou, guitarist & composer based in Athens, Greece and joined by Yannis Papadopoulos (Beast In Black) on Vocals and guitarist/keyboardist Bob Katsionis (Firewind).I’ve never been disappointed by power metal from Greece. The big hitters, of course, being Firewind – followed by the likes of Emerald Sun and Wardrum. But now we have a new and, dare I say, more challenging and exploratory act to get behind and start leading the way for their country in this particular sub-genre. Warrior Path revolves around main-man Andreas Sinanoglou who provides all guitars and songwriting duties – and does an excellent job, but more on that later. He has teamed up with producer and general Greek renaissance man Bob Katsionis (yes, of Firewind fame!) and current Beast In Black vocalist Yannis Papadopoulos. Frankly, this couldn’t have been a better dream team. All parties involved kick ass in their respective fields, and it meant that Warrior Path’s first full-length self-titled effort was obviously going to be a roaring success.This isn’t your basic swords-and-sorcery Rhapsody clone, no matter what the wonderful album art and titles like “Riders Of The Dragons” and “Valhalla, I’m Coming” might tell you. No, this is something special. When the pedal hits the metal it’s more reminiscent of old Hammerfall, and will certainly please any fan of the style. For the old guard who are easily satisfied by rapid double-kick attacks, catchy choruses and constant energy – there’s tracks like “Fight For Your Life” and the brilliantly-titled “Mighty Pirates”. These are definitely some of the most traditional old-school power metal on offer here. But the most impressive thing about Warrior Path is its many peaks and valleys. This record flows like a journey, through many different landscapes. A quick glance at the song lengths will tell you this is more than just a collection of catchy hits – it’s an album which reinforces the very concept of listening to a full album. Fuck your shuffle buttons, this one needs to be experienced from start to finish.The semi-title-track, “The Path Of The Warrior”, was the perfect choice for a single as it’s the song that sums up all the best aspects of the album. Over the course of its 10-minute runtime, the listener is taken through mystic folk melodies, gorgeous ambience and hard-hitting riffs. When the album’s middle point feels like an epic voyage, that bodes well for the rest of the record! This track also features one of my new favourite riffs which is cleverly developed between clean and distorted guitars. On the other end of the spectrum, there are the quickfire blasts like “Sinnersworld” and “The Hunter” which inject the LP with a dose of classic Helloween-inspired power metal, yet still feel like they belong on the same album as the opening track or the 10-minute centrepiece. Speaking of the opener, “Riders Of The Dragons” is an interest choice to kick off proceedings. Maintaining a steady martial pace, it’s more anthemic and restrained than what fans of the genre would be used to as an album opener. But this only goes to prove Warrior Path have come to stand up and be counted.This album is awash with bold decisions like the above. The amount of non-metal action going on here is definitely noteworthy (hell, there are 3 full-on ballads and countless acoustic sections). This is all performed with the same theatrical conviction as the shredding that surrounds. The melancholy “Black Night” displays Yannis at his deepest and most heartfelt; “Dying Bird Of Prey”, positioned as the penultimate track, is a truly dramatic power ballad designed to fill stadiums; and following on its heels comes the truly tear-jerking finale “Valhalla, I’m Coming”. I don’t find myself missing the fist-pumping momentum or driving heavy metal during these two tracks because they are so fucking captivating. Perfect end to a record, fellas. I expect Warrior Path will drag for the less patient amongst us, and there might be naysayers who criticize the relatively thin guitar tone. However, this album is beautifully mixed, expertly structured, and harkens back to a golden age while simultaneously forging its own halcyon days for the future. Way to go, Warrior Path – another contender for ‘power metal album of the year’.

Line-Up:

Yannis Papadopoulos: Vocals (Beast In Black)
Andreas Sinanoglou: Guitar
Bob Katsionis: Bass, Keyboards & Guitars (Firewind)
Dave Rundle: Drums

Produced, Recorded & Mixed by Bob Katsionis at Sound Symmetry Studio, Athens, Greece.
Mastered by Nasos Nomikos @ VU Productions
Artwork by Dimitar Nikolov

Tracklist:

01. Riders Of The Dragons
02. The Hunter
03. A Sinnersworld
04. Stormbringers
05. Black Night
06. The Path Of The Warrior
07. Fight For Your Life
08. Mighty Pirates
09. Dying Bird Of Prey
10. Valhalla I'm Coming

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných