Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Hard Rock , Blues Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 169 mb

Bio:

We all do battles in our daily lives. You win some, you lose some. Armed With their third album BATTLES, Baltimore's own Charm City Devils are battle tested and ready to have their bluesy, Southern-tinged hard rock anthems heard by the masses. It is one fight they are prepared to win.BATTLES scorches and crackles, cementing Charm City Devils, who've been making a rock 'n' roll racket since 2008 and whose original lineup remains in tact to this day, as an in-your-face, modern rock band. But it's not all crashing cymbals and thermonuclear riffs. The album is comprised of equal parts hooks and heart. Onstage is where the band comes to life. They sharpened their live chops by touring with Motley Crue and Godsmack as part of CrueFest 2 and are supremely confident in their abilities and growth as a band. Essentially, they are ready for their next Battles.Singer John Allen, a Baltimore native, admits that he is fueled by the idea of winning battles both big and small. "There are many battles you face in life," he said. "The battle to survive, to get out of your own way, to do the right thing, of good against evil." His favorite battle? Converting a musical sceptic, when the stage is effectively the battlefield. "I love it when someone comes up to us after a show and says, 'I thought you were going to suck, but you guys are awesome!' It's like, 'Go ahead. Underestimate me. Discount me. Count me out!,'" he said about the attitude which motivates him to succeed. "I love to prove people wrong and turn them around and win them over, and that's what we do, night after night. Plus, meeting the fans, and introducing that human element, makes it all worth it!"The human element factors into Charm City Devils' music beyond their sizzling live show. Allen, an only child, lost both of his parents in between the recording of Battles and its predecessor SINS. That loss lead to a change in perspective and caused him to get reflective and to evaluate what's important, which manifests in the music. Luckily for him, his bandmates are like brothers and their bond is rock solid. There is no better way to engage in Battles than with your family as your armor!Battles, which was recorded in Nashville with Skidd Mills, is rife with the anthemic, fist-pumping songs, ones that take up residence in your brain for days. "Shots" is intensely personal and cathartic song and it goes so deep that it reaches marrow. "It's a letter to an old friend battling his addictions, but hasn't wanted to admit or realize that he needs help," Allen explains. The lyrics basically implore this friend to seek the help he needs, since Allen admits. "I tried speaking one-on-one, but I didn't get through to him, so I wrote this song in hopes he will get the message before it's too late. It might seem like a party song, but it's not. It's about worrying and waiting to get that call that your friend is gone."It's powerful stuff, encased in an unforgettable package, like most of the songs that populate Battles. There's also the provocative "Tear It Apart," which looks at the unraveling of the American dream and the nuclear family. "Crucify," which is erected on a dirty and crunchy groove and sounds so Southern that it could have been written while barefoot on the back porch, beer in hand, anywhere below the Mason- Dixon line, is a change of pace for Charm City Devils. "It is a bit different, with the blues harp solo in there, and we're exploring the roots of the band there," Allen says. "The subject matter is about holding celebrity up and tearing them down." So while rooted in a classic sound, the lyrics remain contemporary.Even so, Allen and Charm City Devils aren't afraid to embrace their Southern rock and blues influence. For years he has been fascinated with Robert Johnson and the Delta Blues. "So much great music is from the South. Hell, even The Rolling Stones recorded at the famed Mussel Shoals studio in Alabama trying to capture that vibe."At this point in their career, Charm City Devils have gained plenty of experience. With three albums in their arsenal, they have narrowed their focus to a singular goal and that's to rock. Their music and their live prowess are the connective tissues between the band and the fans and are the outlets to ease frustration we all face.On September 16, 2019, the band released the single "Skipping Stone" from their upcoming 1904 EP.

Album:

After a great debut in ‘Let’s Rock-N-Roll’ (2009) Charm City Devils put out two more great albums -Sins (2012) and Battles (2014), it’s been five long years since…So with three full length releases under their collective belts proud Baltimore natives ‘Charm City Devils’ have a new EP just around the corner titled ‘1904’ – the year that their hometown Baltimore was burnt to the ground. Thankfully the collection of five songs are suitably fiery starting with the single ‘Skipping Stone’ a song about resilience which of course is vital to both a City and to anyone who has been in a band.Interestingly the bio that comes with this release is a little different too: “We can write about Charm City Devils returning to their bluesy, modern-edged and southern-tinged hard rock anthems. We also can tell you about the desire to rock the masses, but you have heard all the puffery before. Rather than bore you with the same old bio, we want to give it to you straight. We are Baltimore and Baltimore is in all of us! We have lived our whole lives in and around this city. Baltimore was once vibrant. The town had jobs, low crime and was a place to truly call home. While it is tough to argue that Baltimore doesn’t have a myriad of issues, we still want to tell the story of what still thrives here, which is the Music.”Musically they hit the nail on the head, this is five songs which do have that bluesy, modern-edged, southern-tinged hard rock feel but a song like ‘Dollar Signs’ has so much funk and groove beneath the hard rock it’s a real eye-opener bursting with soul. ‘Tides Are Changin” adds some more modern blues to the insistent groove; and one of my favourite here ‘Broken Hearts Broken Bones’ has a real roots and Blues fee that so many bands are catching onto at the minute. Oddly it kind of reminds me of acts like Australia’s own Claude Hay with the soul or early Lenny Kravitz. Great song. All too soon though,like with any EP you’re really getting into, it’s over.The last word goes to not another new song but a reworking of ‘Skipping Stone’ in acoustic mode, it’s a nice treatment of course but I’d have taken another new song any day of the week if I knew they were going to be this good. Charm City Devil’s next full length just might be their best if this is an indication of the sound they’ve been honing since ‘Battles’ dropped half a decade ago.Charm City Devils are currently planning shows all around the Baltimore area, with a full tour in the works and to be announced soon.

Line-Up:

John Allen - Vocals
Ted Merrill - Guitar
Rick Reynolds - Bass
Jason Heiser - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Skipping Stone (4:00)
02. Dollar Sign$ (3:04)
03. Tides Are Changin' (3:25)
04. Broken Hearts Broken Bones (2:54)
05. Skipping Stone (Acoustic) (4:27)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných