Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 126 mb

Bio:

Kat is a Polish heavy metal band formed in 1979 in Katowice, Poland.In Polish "kat" means executioner. KAT is one of the most important bands in Polish and East European heavy metal overall, and is also mentioned as one of the main precursors of thrash. KAT's most famous album is "Oddech wymarłych światów" (The Breath of Extinct Worlds), considered an opus of Polish heavy metal.The band is best known for tracks "Czas zemsty" (Time of revenge), "Łza dla cieniów minionych" (A tear for the shadows gone) and "Wyrocznia" (Oracle). KAT was founded in 1979 by guitarist Piotr Luczyk and drummer Ireneusz Loth. Shortly after they were joined by bassist Tomasz Jaguś and another guitarist, Ryszard Pisarski. They played instrumental music influenced by hard rock bands, mainly Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath. In 1981, during the first edition of the Silesian Rock festival, the band found a singer, Roman Kostrzewski. The line-up was filled out by guitarist Wojciech Mrowiec and in 1984 KAT released the debut single "Noce szatana / Ostatni tabor" (Polish for The Nights of Satan / The Last Train). Robert 'Lor' Milewski wrote the lyrics of both songs; since then Kostrzewski became the lyricist, incorporating poetry, Polish folklore, and mysticism. The band performed on toured with Hanoi Rocks.In 1986 KAT released their debut album, Metal and Hell with a Belgian productions company named Ambush Records with the producer Jos Kloek. A Polish-language version of this full-length was released as a limited album the same year, however, the Polish version of the album was named 666. Soon after, Wojciech Mrowiec was fired from the band. In 1987 KAT performed twice as a support band for Metallica in Katowice's Spodek. This show was documented on KAT's live album 38 Minutes of Life. At that time they also supported Running Wild, Helloween, and Overkill.A year after the concerts with Metallica, KAT released the next full-length album in 1988, "Oddech wymarłych światów" (Breath of extinct worlds). After this a conflict stirred up between Luczyk and Koszewski, and the band went on hiatus. KAT renewed their activity in 1990 and in 1992 played with TSA and Acid Drinkers at the Jarocin Festival. Two years later, some songs played previously at the Festival appeared along new ones on a new album, Bastard (1992).In 1994 in Wisła a new album entitled "Ballady" (Ballads) was compiled and recorded in a Christian Studio - Deo Rocording, which proved to argue against the publics' and journalists' accusations of Satanism. It includes KAT's ballads from previous albums, previously unreleased tracks, and two completely new songs. Józef Skrzek (SBB) was a guest keyboard. In that year, Metal Mind Productions re-released the three first of Kat's albums. Kat sued the company and, after a few years, won the case.In 1996, KAT released the albums "Róże miłości najchętniej przyjmują się na grobach" (Roses of love best flourish on graves), following this the conflict between Luczyk and Koszewski re-ignited. This conflict was so prominent that it resulted in the following album "Szydercze zwierciadło" (The Mocking Mirror) being recorded with all band members recording separately without even seeing each other in the studio. After this album, the band stopped its activity. Luczyk focused on other musical projects and Koszewski formed a new band Alkatras. Unfortunately, in 1999 Jacek Regulski died in a motorcycle accident. After strong convincing from Slawomir Dziewulski (manager), Luczyk agreed for a joint tour under the name KAT; the finale of this tour was a joint show with Iron Maiden and the release of the album and DVD Somewhere in Poland in 2003.Straight after the release of Somewhere in Poland, in 2004 the band decided to fire drummer Ireneusz Loth, and singer and lyricist Roman Kostrzewski. Mariusz Prętkiewicz replaced the former drummer; Jarosław Gronowski joined as a second guitarist (he substituted Luczyk during the "Szydercze zwierciadło" tour, since Luczyk did not want to participate due to bad organisation of the tour ), and Henry Beck became the new singer. The new lineup released Mind Cannibals in 2005. The lineup changes were very controversial, and band's fan base actually split in two, because Roman Kostrzewski and Ireneusz Loth also created their own band, and continue to perform since then, as a cover band.After recording Mind Cannibals, the band went on tour around Europe (playing together with, Six Feet Under), but did not play in Poland, and later performed on tour with Helloween.Between 2005 and 2014 KAT went on hiatus, and in 2014 returned with the release of an acoustic album - "Acoustic - 8 filmow" where Maciej Lipina performed as a guest vocalist, as Henry Beck formed his own band, and Adam Harris Jasinski (who was discovered by Luczyk at a cover festival) played as the new bassist. Finally, the new line-up was formed in 2016, Henry Beck was replaced by Qbek Weigel as vocalist. With the new line-up, KAT signed a worldwide contract with a German productions company Pure Steel Records. The newest album titled 'Without Looking Back' will be released before the end of 2018.

Albums:

KAT is considered as one of the pioneers of Heavy Metal. They came into the world of Heavy Metal in 1979 from Katowice, Poland but didn't release the 1st album "Metal And Hell" until 1986 which earned them a spot in "The British Metal Hammer" as one of the top 40 Black Metal Albums in metal history. The newest album "Without Looking Back" is scheduled to be released June 14 2019."Black Night In The Chair": I'm gonna be pushed into being honest with the 1st song. I had never heard of KAT before given this review to do but had read somewhere that they did not follow the guidelines of being placed in any Heavy Metal genre and this I have already found to be true with this song. "Black Night In The Chair" is not what I was expecting at all but does enter with some slightly heavy guitars, heavy bass line and basic drumming, momentarily breaking away into a killer riff and more complex drumming with the bass pushing it all coming into Obeks vocals, that kinda remind me of something Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH would do but with a deeper crunchy style. It also has slightly mellow vocals with some backing vocals incorporated toward the end of the song. "Poker" is definitely more of what I was expecting with faster guitars, the bass lines are pretty cool bass lines with intense drumming and heavier vocals. There is a vocal break around the 2:20 mark for approximately two minutes that includes some pretty intriguing battling guitars that eventually supports some chanting vocals of sorts."Medival Fire" will be the 3rd song in and I'm wondering how in the hell have I never heard of KAT…"Medival Fire" is a bad ass tune that’s kick ass from the beginning to the end. I am loving "Without Looking Back". This song has awesome guitars and raw vocals, exactly what made 80’s Thrash great. "The Race For Life" Is a song about who is real and who is fake; it's all about weeding through the bull shit for your own survival. "Flying Fire" made it as a track for the movie “Squadron 303" that was released in November of 2018; I may have to check that movie out. "Wild" isn't one of my favorite songs on this album. It’s just a bit too repetitive for me but still has great musicianship. "Walls Of Whispers" is some more of the same but done more in my taste; the song has cool riffs. It's also great everywhere else musically. "Let There Be Fire"; whoever writes the lyrics seems to have a fascination with fire, with this being the 3rd song with fire in the song title, but why not? Another great song with badass riffs and over the top drumming infused with ominous bass lines and I am loving the vocals in this song. "More" comes in with cool sound effects and an alienistic verbal intro; the song seems to be a message from the alien Gods, a message advising against corruption, chaos and greed. "The Promise Land" is a dark ballad of sorts but very well done with some Thrash elements added in toward the end.

Line Up:

Piotr Luczyk - Guitars
Rogol - Drums
Harris - Bass
Qbek Weigel - Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Black Night in My Chair
02. Poker
03. Medieval Fire
04. The Race for Life
05. Flying Fire
06. Wild
07. Walls of Whispers
08. Let There Be Fire
09. More
10. The Promised Land

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných