Stars From Mars - Glam's Not Dead! (FnA Records Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Jún 2019, 08:35

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (FnA Records Edition)
Style : Glam Sleazy Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 113 mb

Bio:

Stars From Mars decided at the very last minute that they wanted to release an album for their upcoming reunion gig, on Saturday June 1st with Blackboard Jungle at the Viper Room in Hollywood CA. After a strong recommendation, Dazzle (lead singer for Stars From Mars) chose to work with FnA Records for the band’s first ever release. Fans have been passing around poor sounding bootlegs for decades, but no one ever thought there would be an official release. Jordan Stone, an A&R Rep for FnA Records, and a well-respected fan of glam music and the social networks stated, “I never thought the day would come that I would see any sort of release from Stars From Mars. It didn’t ever cross my mind because I resided myself to the fact that it would never happen. I still can’t believe that this is happening!”“Glam’s Not Dead!” is the album title chosen by Dazzle Star, the lead singer and songwriter for Stars From Mars. Dazzle formed the initial lineup around 1988 with fellow musician Gizmo. The band experienced many lineup changes during their time together, with Dazzle being the one constant member and driving force behind the band. Even Ariel Stiles, perhaps best known for his time in Pretty Boy Floyd, was once upon a time the guitarist for SFM.Dazzle would eventually switch from vocals to guitar, opting to let fellow member, the late Alice Starr, become the band’s new vocalist. Alice Starr is featured as vocalist on the tracks “Steamin’ Hot Pink,” “Lovesick,” and “Girls Galore. However, this proved to not be a permanent exchange, and Dazzle eventually found himself the band’s vocalist once again. The band has a unique sound that is reminiscent of Faster Pussycat, Pretty Boy Floyd, and The Ramones.After ruling the Sunset Strip scene with their own unique blend of Glam and Punk, Stars From Mars called it a day in 1991.Although this album came about very quickly, FnA Records is proud to be able to provide this new release to Glam fans worldwide who have known about this Hollywood band for many years. Be sure to pick up a copy here online or at the June 1st Stars From Mars reunion show at the Viper Room in Hollywood if you are able to attend. The band, as well as FnA Records, are also releasing a very limited amount of 7” and 12” autographed vinyl. FnA Records will also have autographed copies of the CD available.This release is rightfully dedicated to the memories of Alice Starr and Candy Starr, whose contributions to the band’s legacy are undeniable.

Album:

Quite a legend from the Hollywood underground Sunset Strip scene, STARS FROM MARS started in 1988 with Dazzle on vocals / songwriting and Gizmo on drums. Known for their incendiary glammy shows Stars From Mars recorded several songs but never secured a record deal. Now, the band decided at the very last minute that they wanted to release an album for their upcoming reunion gig, on Saturday June 1st, 2019 at the Viper Room in Hollywood CA.Titled “Glam’s Not Dead!”, the CD compiles all Stars From Mars since 1988 to 1991, originally when disbanded.Dazzle Star formed the initial Stars From Mars line-up around 1988 with fellow musician Gizmo. The band experienced many personnel changes during their time together, with Dazzle being the one constant member and driving force behind the group.Even Ariel Stiles, perhaps best known for his time in Pretty Boy Floyd, was once upon a time the guitarist for Stars From Mars, and also Stacey Starr (Zeros, Heart Throb Mob) and Skitz (Glamour Punks) were involved.Brian “Damage” Forsythe (Kix, Rhino Bucket) play guitar on the track “Chasin’ Me”.Dazzle would eventually switch from vocals to guitar, opting to let fellow member, the late Alice Starr, become the band’s new vocalist. Alice is featured as vocalist on the tracks “Steamin’ Hot Pink,” “Lovesick,” and “Girls Galore” on this CD.However, this proved to not be a permanent exchange, and Dazzle eventually found himself the band’s vocalist once again.Stars From Mars has a unique sound that is reminiscent of Faster Pussycat, Vain, Hollywood, Rose, Pretty Boy Floyd, Kix, early Guns N’ Roses, LA Guns, etc.These songs pack the Sunset Strip adrenaline from the glory days of the ’80s, some of them well professionally recorded, some in demo form. “We Got Tonight” was included into the famous “Hollywood Rocks” compilation series, the only Stars From Mars officially released track.A lost US glam / sleazy band finally resurrected for all fans of the genre and collectors.

Line-Up:

Dazzle – Vocals, Guitar
Gizmo – Guitar
Lucky – Bass
Stacey Star – Drums
Alice Starr – Vocals (2, 6, 8)
Brian Forsythe – Guitar on 7

Tracklist:

01. We Got Tonight
02. Steamin’ Hot Pink
03. Tears of a Queen
04. This Way
05. Missing You
06. Lovesick
07. Chasin’ Me (feat Brian Forsythe of Kix)
08. Girls Galore
09. Tears Of A Queen – 4 Track Demo (Bonus Track)
10. Chasin Me – 4 Track Demo (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných