Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 181 mb

Bio:

Susan Kay Quatro (born June 3, 1950) is an American rock singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and actress. She was the first female bass player to become a major rock star, breaking a barrier to women's participation in rock music.In the 1970s, Quatro scored a string of hit singles that found greater success in Europe and Australia than in her homeland. She reached no. 1 in the UK and other European countries and Australia with her singles "Can the Can" (1973) and "Devil Gate Drive" (1974). Following a recurring role as bass player Leather Tuscadero on the popular American sitcom Happy Days, her duet "Stumblin' In" with Smokie's lead singer Chris Norman reached No. 4 in the US.Quatro released her eponymous debut album in 1973. Since then, she has released fifteen studio albums, ten compilation albums, and one live album. Her solo hits include "Can the Can", "48 Crash", "Daytona Demon", "Devil Gate Drive" and "Your Mamma Won't Like Me".Between 1973 and 1980, Quatro was awarded six Bravo Ottos. In 2010, she was voted into the Michigan Rock and Roll Legends online Hall of Fame. Quatro has sold over 50 million albums[4] and continues to perform live, worldwide. Her most recent studio album was released in 2017 and she also continues to present new radio programmes.

Album:

“What’s your favourite Beatles album?” “Tough one. I think I’d have to say The Best of The Beatles” So goes the Alan Partridge joke.It rather encapsulates the general feelings to “Greatest Hits” records too. Rather like those that wear Motorhead t-shirts but didn’t see the band in 1981, people who have a Greatest Hits record by an artist tend to be sneered at by those who think they’re cool.Don’t listen to such nonsense. I am here to tell you ladies and gents, that these Greatest Hits things, they’re alright.A couple of years ago I reviewed one called “Legend”. It was a career retrospective of Suzi Quatro. And it was ace. If, like me, you knew a couple of the best ones and watched her on TV as a kid, then it was a real eye-opener.Now, along comes a proper studio record, and one with an interesting back story to boot.Suzi was thinking up songs for a new album when her son, Richard Tuckey, had the bright idea that he’d like to make a record with his mum.The result is “No Control” and it is absolutely superb. More to the point, it is fresher than the fruit in Sainsbury’s and does loads of things that you never thought it would.The classy “No Soul/No Quarter” might kick things off in a chugging, bass driven rocking way – at least before the chorus turns up to deliver a real knockout blow – but there is plenty of stuff here that veers from the safe path.Taking chances doesn’t come naturally to a lot of artists, but it evidently is second nature to Quatro and Son. “Going Home” is a wonderful, bluesy number and any time a horn section gets involved with a harmonica you can sign me up, but they’re only just getting started.“Strings” is soulful, but also kind of trippy – you won’t be expecting it, that’s for sure. “Love Isn’t Fair” is another with its own vibe. Proof, to be fair, that you can wrap anything up in a happy sounding tune and no one notices the dark in the lyrics. “One heart’s dying so one can live” sings Suzi here, but the music has steel drums in and sounds as Calypso as you like, so you can still play it to your nan, it’s all good.“Macho Man”, though is utterly glorious. Prime Quatro, if you will. You can take this one down Devil Gate Drive if you want. Rock doesn’t get any more classic than this. You sense she knows it too.It is typical of the anything goes feel to “No Control” though, that this is followed up by the brilliant southern rock of “Easy Pickings” and the real, lush feel of “Bass Line”. Unless everything is in working order then songs like this don’t get made, while “Don’t Do Me Wrong” is a harmonica drenched slice of blues. “I am giving you the part of me, that you’ve never seen” she says here with a genuine relish that suggests vengeance will be sweet.“Heavy Duty” races around like the best power pop, while “I Can Teach You To Fly” has a 60’s vibe and proudly wears all its influences on its sleeve, but it’s the last one that you imagine everyone here had the most fun with.“Going Down Blues” is not only exactly the sort of thing that Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes have been doing for years it clearly is personal, deeply so, by the sounds of it. “It could be about you…..” says Suzi on the sleeve notes. I am fairly sure I’m not in her bad books, so I think I am alright, but I wouldn’t fancy being the object of its ire.“No Control” is wrongly named, actually. Suzi Quatro, Richard Tuckey and everyone else here sound like they knew exactly what they were doing throughout this. It is one of the more pleasant surprises of the year so far as well. If you don’t know her, then start here, not the Greatest Hits.

Line-Up:

Suzi Quatro - Vocals, Bass
Nat Allison - Guitars, Backing Vocals
Jez Davies - Keyboards
Owen Martin - Drums

Tracklist:

01. No Soul / No Control
02. Going Home
03. Strings
04. Love Isn't Fair
05. Macho Man
06. Easy Pickings
07. Bass Line
08. Don't Do Me Wrong
09. Heavy Duty
10. I Can Teach You To Fly
11. Going Down Blues

+ Video "No Soul / No Control" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 38 neregistrovaných