Sheriff - Sheriff (1982) (Rock Candy Remastered 2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Jan 2021, 20:22

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1982 (Rock Candy Remastered 2012)
Style : Melodic Rock , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

Sheriff was a Canadian rock band in the early 1980s, best known for their hit song "When I'm with You".The band was formed in 1979 in Toronto, Ontario and consisted of vocalist Freddy Curci, guitarist Steve DeMarchi, keyboardist Arnold Lanni, bassist Wolf Hassel and drummer Rob Elliott.The band's only release was a self-titled 1982 album, that featured a Canadian Top 40 hit, "You Remind Me" as well as their most famous song, "When I'm with You", which reached #8 in Canada and #61 in the United States in 1983 and six years later was re-released and hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the U.S. in 1989.The band split up in 1985, citing internal tensions. Lanni and Hassel went on to form Frozen Ghost and racked up several hits in Canada, the biggest of which was "Should I See," which reached #69 in the U.S.Six years after "When I'm with You" had been a chart hit in Canada, Las Vegas DJ Jay Taylor began playing the song. KRXY DJ Gabe Baptiste also started playing "When I'm With You," and listener response was positive. As a result, Capitol Records re-released the song.It subsequently became #1 in the United States in February 1989.While Curci and DeMarchi made efforts to re-form Sheriff, a reunion was not to be. The lack of interest from other Sheriff bandmembers eventually led Curci and DeMarchi to team up with several former members of Heart to form Alias, who in the early 1990s had two popular singles, with "Waiting For Love" and their #2 success, "More Than Words Can Say."Meanwhile, Lanni and Hassel continued to work with Frozen Ghost until they split up in 1993. Curci and DeMarchi resurrected the Alias name in 2009 with new members, and they released their second album (which had been shelved seventeen years prior). They continue to tour with Alias.Lanni has become a producer, having worked with Our Lady Peace, Finger Eleven, and Simple Plan, among others.At an Alias concert on December 30, 2011 at Cosmo Music in Ontario, original Sheriff bassist, Wolf Hassel joined Curci and DeMarchi on stage for the first time in 27 years for a full set, which included a performance of "When I'm with You." This performance would ultimately lead to Hassel joining Alias on a permanent basis in 2014.

Album:

It has been requested so many times, so here it is; 'Remastered & Reloaded' by Rock Candy Records last year, Freddy Curci's SHERIFF self titled album featuring as bonus the much sought after rare live record, of which only 100 were pressed on vinyl back in the early '80s.At the time of release, it's fair to say that Sheriff was dismissed by music critics as yet another melodic Canadian melodic rock band deploying the kind of AOR that could be heard anywhere, anytime. One of a long list of similar sounding acts such as Loverboy, Streetheart and Coney Hatch.But then, completely out of the blue, some seven years later, something rather unexpected happened...Initially issued in 1982, Sheriff's debut album failed to ignite the public's consciousness. Sure, it was a fine record with all the accoutrements expected of such work but the bands appeal was severely dented by inadequate promotion and a crowded market place.Amazingly, in 1989 DJ started spinning the power ballad "When I'm With You", a song that quickly gained momentum at virtually every radio station resulting in a US #1 hit single. This was a unique and totally overwhelming event and one that made everyone reassess the Sheriff album in an entirely new light.Pompous and grandiose, Sheriff's style is perfectly in alignment with all the great AOR bands of the early eighties, offering up huge hooks, ripping guitar work and killer keyboard arrangements. The icing on the cake, however, is Freddy Curci's amazing vocals, a man blessed with a range that evokes the greatest work of Freddy Mercury and Steve Perry.Great 24-bit remastering from original source tapes, seven bonus tracks, 3,500 word essay about the making of the album, band involvement and additional photos spread out over a 16 page full colour booklet.

Line Up:

Freddy Curci - vocals (Ex-Alias , Coney Hatch , Zion)
Steve De Marchi - guitar (Ex-Alias)
Arnold David Lanni - guitar, keyboards
Wolf D. Hassel - bass
Rob Elliot - drums

Tracklist:

01. You Remind Me
02. California
03. Makin' My Way
04. When I'm With You
05. Kept Me Coming
06. Mama's Baby
07. Crazy Without You
08. Elisa
09. Living For A Dream
10. Give Me Rock 'N' Roll
11. Intro / Mama's Baby (Live) (Bonus Track)
12. Kept Me Coming (Live) (Bonus Track)
13. Living For A Dream (Live) (Bonus Track)
14. California (Live) (Bonus Track)
15. You Remind Me (Live) (Bonus Track)
16. When I'm With You (Live) (Bonus Track)
17. Give Me Rock 'N' Roll (Live) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "You Remind Me (Live at the Improv)"

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní