Glass Tiger - The Thin Red Line (1986) (2CD) (Remastered Anniversary Edition 2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Glass Tiger - The Thin Red Line (1986) (2CD) (Remastered Anniversary Edition 2012)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Máj 2020, 09:16

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Remastered Anniversary Edition 2012)
Style : Melodic Rock , Pop Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 128 mb

Bio:

Glass Tiger is a Canadian rock band that formed in 1983, in Newmarket, Ontario.Originally named Tokyo, the band produced several hit singles in Canada and placed two songs on Billboard magazine's top 10: "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)" and "Someday", both of which came from their debut album, The Thin Red Line (1986), produced by Jim Vallance.Glass Tiger won three Juno Awards in 1986 and two more in 1987.They were also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 1987.In 1993, after their third album Simple Mission and a brief Canadian tour, the band went on hiatus.Lead singer Alan Frew released two solo albums before the band reformed and began touring again in 2003.In March 2009, Glass Tiger and members of the NHL alumni visited Canadian Forces stationed in Kandahar, Afghanistan.The visit included live performances and footage was shown on an episode of Entertainment Tonight Canada.In 2012 Glass Tiger performed as part of Penticton, BC's "Rock The Peach Music Fest"On July 1, 2013 Glass Tiger performed a free concert in Leduc, Alberta as part of a Canada Day Celebration.

Album:

EMI Music Canada has just released an 'Anniversary Edition' of the classic GLASS TIGER debut album "The Thin Red Line", remastered, including an extra CD with tons of gems, and new artwork.The 1986 debut went four times platinum in its native Canada and gold in the US, spawning several hits blending catchy Rock&Pop, AOR and radio friendly tunes.Who does not remember martial rhythm of title track and first single "The Thin Red Line", driving by anthemic drums and 'that' awesome keyboards."Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)" was written by Bryan Adams (who sings some vocal parts) and his right hand Jim Vallance, a big hit in the US as well as Canada. After Alan Frew sings the chorus, Adams' voice can be heard singing the second chorus part."Vanishing Tribe" is lovely keyboard / synth filled song, while the nostalgic sadness of "Looking At A Picture" has the musical style of a Journey song. Steve Perry wouldn't be out of place singing this.The third single, the mid-paced "Someday" has a classic '80s bouncy-bass synths and a killer backbeat, one of my favorites of the album. In fact, it's among my favorite Eighties songs ever.It was co-written, again, by Jim Vallance, who also produced the whole album."The Thin Red Line" is a milestone in '80s music, both in songwriting quality and production sound.Glass Tiger gets some support from pro musicians; apart from Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance, other Canadian AOR renowned artists helps out with excellent backing vocals: Dalbello, Marc LaFrance & Paul Janz.The new deluxe 2-CD "The Thin Red Line Anniversary Edition" includes the full album remastered, along with single and extended mixes of the band's biggest hits, B-sides, live & previously unreleased alternate versions.

Line Up:

Alan Frew: Vocals
Al Connelly: Guitar
Sam Reid: Keyboards
Wayne Parker: Bass
Michael Hanson: Drums
Keith Scott - add. Guitar
Charles Gray, Chase Sanborn, Russ Little: Horns
Jim Vallance: add. Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Producer
Bryan Adams, Dalbello, Marc LaFrance, Michael Hanson, Paul Janz, Sharon Lee Williams: Backing Vocals

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Thin Red Line 4:56
02. Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) 4:08
03. Closer To You 3:37
04. Vanishing Tribe 4:06
05. Looking At A Picture 4:02
06. The Secret 0:47
07. Ancient Evenings 4:55
08. Ecstasy 4:25
09. Someday 3:37
10. I Will Be There 3:28
11. You're What I Look For 3:52

CD2:

01. Thin Red Line (Reverence Mix) 4:11
02. Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) (Writer's Demo) 5:56
03. Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) (Single Mix) 4:06
04. I Will Be There (Single Version) 3:10
05. Touch & Go (Tokyo) (Demo) 3:42
06. Someday (Writers Demo) 8:07
07. Someday (Extended Mix) 7:22
08. You're What I Look For (Live At Ontario Place) 3:55
09. After The Dance (Live At Ontario Place) 4:35
10. Do You Wanna Dance (With Me) 3:59
11. Thin Red Line (Single Version) 4:00
12. Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) (Extended Mix) 7:16
13. Thin Red Line (Rather Red Mix) 6:13

+ Video "Thin Red Line" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných