Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare (1975) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Jún 2019, 07:04

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1975 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2012)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 198 mb

Bio:

Alice Cooper (born Vincent Damon Furnier, February 4, 1948) is an American rock singer, songwriter, and musician whose career spans five decades. With a stage show that features guillotines, electric chairs, fake blood, boa constrictors, baby dolls, crutch and dueling sword , considered by fans and peers alike to be "The Godfather of Shock Rock"; Cooper has drawn equally from horror movies, vaudeville, and garage rock to pioneer a grandly theatrical and macabre brand of rock designed to shock.Originating in Phoenix in the late 1960s after Furnier moved from Detroit, Alice Cooper was originally a band consisting of Furnier on vocals and harmonica, lead guitarist Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce on rhythm guitar, Dennis Dunaway on bass guitar, and drummer Neal Smith. The original Alice Cooper band broke into the international music mainstream with the 1971 hit "I'm Eighteen" from the album Love It to Death, which was followed by the even bigger single "School's Out" in 1972. The band reached their commercial peak with the 1973 album Billion Dollar Babies.Furnier adopted the band's name as his own name in the 1970s and began a solo career with the 1975 concept album Welcome to My Nightmare. In 2011 he released Welcome 2 My Nightmare, his 19th album as a solo artist, and his 26th album in total. Expanding from his Detroit rock roots, in his career Cooper has experimented with a number of musical styles, including conceptual rock, art rock, hard rock, heavy metal, new wave, pop rock, experimental rock and industrial rock.Alice Cooper is known for his social and witty persona offstage; The Rolling Stone Album Guide has called him the world's most "beloved heavy metal entertainer".He is credited with helping to shape the sound and look of heavy metal, and has been described as the artist who "first introduced horror imagery to rock'n'roll, and whose stagecraft and showmanship have permanently transformed the genre".Away from music, Cooper is a film actor, a golfing celebrity, a restaurateur and, since 2004, a popular radio DJ with his classic rock show Nights with Alice Cooper.In 2011, the original Alice Cooper band was inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Album:

Welcome to My Nightmare is the first solo album by Alice Cooper, released in March 1975. It is Alice Cooper's first solo album (all previous Alice Cooper releases were band efforts), and his only album for the Atlantic Records label. Welcome to My Nightmare is a concept album. Played in sequence, the songs form a journey through the nightmares of a child named Steven. The album inspired the Alice Cooper: The Nightmare TV special, a worldwide concert tour in 1975, and the Welcome to My Nightmare concert film in 1976. The ensuing tour was one of the most over-the-top excursions of that era. Most of Lou Reed’s band joined Cooper for this record.The cover artwork was created by Drew Struzan for Pacific Eye & Ear. Rolling Stone would later rank it ninetieth on the list of the "Top 100 Album Covers Of All Time".Famed film actor of the horror genre Vincent Price provided a monologue in the song "Black Widow". The original version of "Escape" was recorded by The Hollywood Stars for their shelved 1974 album "Shine Like a Radio", which was finally released in 2013.The ballad "Only Women Bleed", released as a single, is a song originally composed by guitarist Dick Wagner for his late-60s band The Frost, with a new title provided by Cooper and revised lyrics written by Wagner and Cooper.The remastered CD version adds three alternate version bonus tracks.A sequel concept album, Welcome 2 My Nightmare, was released in 2011.The Alice Cooper band broke up by Spring of 1974, with Cooper beginning work on his first solo project.Cooper intended the music to be more theatrical than the previous glam-rock focused records.Cooper hired Bob Ezrin, who had produced four previous Cooper records, to collaborate with him.The album is a concept album, with Cooper telling the story of the nightmares of the character Steven.Ezrin, Steve Hunter, and Dick Wagner had all performed on the Alice Cooper band’s 1973 album Billion Dollar Babies, produced by Ezrin. Subsequently, Ezrin produced and performed on Lou Reed’s 1973 concept album Berlin, including Hunter, Wagner, and Tony Levin. Reed’s band on his following live album Rock 'n' Roll Animal was composed of Hunter, Wagner, Prakash John, and Pentti Glan. Ezrin and Cooper hired all four members of Reed’s live band, plus Levin, to work on Cooper’s new album.Wagner and Ezrin would co-write the majority of the tracks with Cooper.

Line Up:

Alice Cooper - Lead Vocals
Dick Wagner - Guitars
Johnny (Bee) Badanjek - Drums
Steve (Deacon) Hunter - Guitars
Tony Levin - Bass

Production:

Produced & Mixed: Bob Ezrin
Mastered: Charlie Watts
Recorded at Soundstage; Toronto
Recorded at Sunset Sound; Hollywood, US
Recorded at Record Plant & Electric Lady; New York, N.Y.
Mastered at The Mastering Lab; L.A.
Album Concept & Design: Pacific Ear & Eye
Illustration: Drew Struzan
Photography: Bret Lopez
Additional Players:
Vincent Price - Vocals
Gerry Yons - Guitar
Gary Lyons - Backing Vocals
Bob Ezrin - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Whitey Glan - Drums
Chart Position: USA # 5 / UK # 19 / Australia # 5 / New Zealand # 24

Tracklist:

01. Welcome To My Nightmare
02. Devil's Food
03. The Black Widow
04. Some Folks
05. Only Women Bleed
06. Department Of Youth
07. Cold Ethyl
08. Years Ago
09. Steven
10. The Awakening
11. Escape

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných