Eclipse - Bleed & Scream (2012) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Feb 2020, 10:56

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2018)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 151 mb

Bio:

Swedish melodic rock band was formed in Stockholm in 1999 by singer Erik Mårtensson. After having produced a 4 track demo himself, he landed a deal with the English located Z records. To produce what was to become the first Eclipse album,he completed the line-up with Magnus Henriksson (Lead Guitar) & Anders Berlin (Drums & Keys). The first album “The Truth & a little more” was completed and released in 2001 on Z records. It also included guest performances by the legendary Europe guitarist Kee Marcello and Mats Olausson (ex Yngwie Malmsteen) In 2003 they landed a deal with Frontiers records and released their 2:nd album “Second To None” which was a highly critically acclaimed album among the melodic rock audience. This time the line-up featured Erik Mårtensson, Magnus Henriksson, Fredrik Folkare (bass), Magnus Ulfstedt (drums) and Mats Olausson was once again hired as a “stunt-keyboardplayer” in the studio. The album promised to appeal to all fans of such bands as Talisman and Europe due to the heavy guitar approach and the big melodies of their songwriting. Also this record got very well reviewed in the melodic rock audience and created a faithful and strong following for the band. Due to difficulties within the band and line-up changes again, the band took a couple of years off and it wouldn’t be until the summer of 2007 before they started working again. Erik Mårtensson & Magnus Henriksson (who were the surviving members of the band) took 1 week off and wrote the entire album in those seven days. Once they knew what direction to head for, it was quite easy. This time the band had gone for a straighter, classic and riff oriented hard rock. The title for their next release on Frontiers records will be “Are you ready to rock” and the new rock steady line-up of 2008 features Erik Mårtensson, Magnus Henriksson, Robert Bäck – drums and Johan Berlin – Keyboard. And they are ready!

Album:

Killer Swedish Melodious Hard Rock Band's 4th Full-Length Studio Album (2012) , Long Out Of Print, Finally Available Again Reissued As An SHM CD With 2 Bonus Tracks !First to be honest, I will put it out in the open and say that I dislike Hard Rock. You can thank AEROSMITH, BON JOVI and bands similar to them for creating this animosity in me. Therefore when Lucifer came and told me to review a Hard Rock album I was thinking of declining his request. However, after all, Lucifer doesn’t request… he Commands!Nevertheless if you look at the roots of Hard Rock they were divine. Bands like DEEP PURPLE and LED ZEPPELIN are considered Hard Rock and they are great, amazing and creative. Along the way something happened and we were stuck with bands like AEROSMITH where you can barely hear the distortion in their guitars and they dare to call themselves Hard Rock. Thank god for Glenn Hughes for keeping the flame burning throughout the years. Let’s also not forget the rather new BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, a true Hard Rock Masterpiece that came to life in 2010 and brought a beacon of light to this dying genre. With all said, I’m happy to announce the return of true, good and hard kicking Hard Rock in the form of the Band ECLIPSE and their new album “Bleed and Scream”. Founded in Sweden in 2008, this is their second album and does deliver! Just for the sake of science I got to say that this is not a pure Hard Rock album, it’s more Hard Rock meets American Glam Metal, and that’s just Fine by me.The album kick started (my heart) with “Wake Me Up” and what a surprise, I was awake and not just for this song. It’s like being kicked in the face first thing in the morning. From start to finish ECLIPSE fired up all the guns with very catchy riffs and amazing rhythms, something that is an overall characteristicof the entire album apparently.“Bleed and Scream”, the title song, will probably make you bleed and scream to one of the catchiest choruses I have ever heard. Fuck, I started to sing along with Erik Mårtensson, the lead singer till I got a boot in the face from a co-worker, as I said you will bleed and scream, like I did. Again there were great riffs and rhythm in addition to the great keyboard sound that adds an atmospheric sound to the great guitar and drums mix. The best song in the album for me was “Ain't Dead Yet”, with MOTLEY CRUE type of riffs and banging drums. It's a keeper, yet again great job by Mårtensson that shows a broad vocal range with soaring screams and a deep voice when needed.Like in any Heavy Metal and\\or Hard Rock albums you have Hard Rock / Metal ballads, some say that it’s the best thing of these genres and I say crap! If we can put a man on the moon why can't we put all people that think Metal ballads are the best thing in Metal, on the moon too, so we can stay here just the reasonable people that like Metal in its purest form. So without further ado, ECLIPSE does have ballads in their album according to the rules of the genre, on “Bleed and Scream” there are two of the kind, “Bitter Taste”, a straightup ballad, no shit, with distortion sequence and riffs like they should be and mellow ending like all Hard Rock ballades ends, ECLIPSE definitely kept the rules in this one! The second ballad “About To Break” has more of a southern flavor kind of CINDERELLA style (I said American Glam Metal influences didn’t I ?). In overall the ballads are ok, but they are not the story here. It’s the rest of the songs on the album that provide its magnitude.Like always there are honorable mentions and this time it goes to “S.O.S” that started out with a keyboard in the vein of KING DIAMOND, followed by an earth shaking riff. This song also has a very nice solo section that reminded me of the great EUROPE lead shredder, John Norum, and that is a compliment. After all they come from the same country. In addition “After The End Of The World” is a great song with all the above, it seems that the band did strike a nerve in the Hard Rock meeting American Glam Metal genre.After all the abuse I had to endure listening to "Bleed and Scream" I have to say that It wasn’t the torment I expected it to be, it was even nice. ECLIPSE raised the bar for what I call new wave of Hard Rock (and you can quote me on that) that along with influences from classic European Metal bands and American Glam Metal make "Bleed And Scream" a very good album for easy Metal fans. Furthermore I think that every Metal fan should have a good non-brutal album in his magazine and "Bleed And Scream" is a really good option.

Line Up:

Erik Martensson - Vocals, Guitars , bass
Magnus Henriksson - Guitars
Johan Berlin - Keyboards
Robert Back - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Wake Me Up
02. Bleed And Scream
03. Ain't Dead Yet
04. Battlegrounds
05. A Bitter Taste
06. Falling Down
07. S.O.S.
08. Take Back The Fear
09. The Unspoken Heroes
10. About To Break
11. After The End Of The World
12. Battlegrounds (Acoustic Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
13. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry (Live In Japan 2016) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Bleed And Scream" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných