Skull - No Bones About It (1991) (2CD) (HNE Remastered Deluxe Edition 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Sep 2019, 07:52

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (HNE Remastered Deluxe Edition 2018)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 392 mb

Bio:

After missing out joining a fledgling KISS back in 1973 when they hired Ace Frehley for the job, Bob did go on to work with the band on Alive II, Unmasked and Killers, as well as Paul Stanley’s 1978 solo LP. He also found time to play on Lou Reed’s Coney Island Baby (1975), Michael Bolton’s 1983 debut, WASP’s The Crimson Idol (1992) and Still Not Black Enough (1995), as well as a long running collaboration with Meat Loaf, from touring the Bat Out Of Hell LP in 1978, through to 1987’s “Live at Wembley” album and playing on two albums with Balance in the early 80s. In the 1990s, he’d record in Blackthorne alongside former Rainbow vocalist Graham Bonnet, as well as fronting the short-lived Murderer’s Row.Kulick formed the hard rock group Skull, releasing their sole LP, “No Bones About It”, in 1991.

Album:

Here’s the recent HNE / Cherry Red Records remastered 2-CD reissue of “No Bones About It”, the sole album from SKULL, the band formed in the late ’80s by renowned guitarist Bob Kulick (Kiss, Balance, Meat Loaf, et all).This 35 track, 2 disc set also features an alternative, earlier recording of the full album, and is completed by 15 previously unreleased, early demos from the band’s recorded history.This is taken from our actual CD’s, not the fake / incomplete files floating the internet from dubious websites…‘No Bones About It’ was the only officially released album by Skull and this version has a shed load of bonus tracks. So many, that it has to have its own disc.he 2nd disc contains an alternative early version of ‘No Bones About It’ (recorded in 1989) but also original 12 and 24 track demos. The original album disc is of course also expanded with rare versions (4 and 8 track demo recordings).It must be noted that these alternate versions, for the most part, are pretty different to the final mixes and really interesting to hear, all with very good sound quality.‘No Bones About It’ was the only officially released album by Skull and this version has a shed load of bonus tracks. So many, that it has to have its own disc.The 2nd disc contains an alternative early version of ‘No Bones About It’ (recorded in 1989) but also original 12 and 24 track demos. The original album disc is of course also expanded with rare versions (4 and 8 track demo recordings).It must be noted that these alternate versions, for the most part, are pretty different to the final mixes and really interesting to hear, all with very good sound quality.All are previously unreleased, taken from Bob Kulick’s vaults.Kulick is mostly known for being part of Kiss, having worked with the band on the albums Alive II, Unmasked and Killers, as well as Paul Stanley’s 1978 solo LP.But this Skull’s brand of late ’80s hard rock actually show what this man is capable of.Dennis St.James – who has also worked with Paul Stanley, and was Bob’s bandmate in Balance – on vocals provides an edge on all songs, with a style that rivals Matt Mitchell of Furyon and Pride fame.The drums of Bobby Rock (Lita Ford, Alcatrazz, Vinnie Vincent Invasion) grooves along with the bass of Kjell Benner (Quiet Riot) whilst Kulick gives his guitar the full beans and shreds.Then New England’s Jimmy Waldo delivers some keyboard magic as guest on some tracks.St James’s mature, biting, full bodied vocals are the perfect fit for Kulick’s ferociously busy guitar work.Among the highlights, ‘Eyes Of A Stranger’, ‘I Like My Music Loud’ and ‘Losers Game’ are clear examples of the album’s bombastic, Eighties melodic hard rock style. These songs alone remind us that this timeless genre could be epic and at the same time, genuinely spirited and gloriously melodic.On CD2, we have the original album recording – the one that was ditched – and it is revealing.To begin with, the vocals are further up in the mix and are given considerably more headroom … ‘I Like My Music Loud’ pleasingly mimics Autograph’s classy melodic rock, circa Sign In Please, giving St.James’s powerful, attractive vocals over Kulick’s axework.In streamlined form, several songs are light on their feet. ‘Living On The Edge’, ‘Head Over Heels’ and ‘King Of The Night’ seem agile and able anachronistic tilts at FM radio rotation.The 4 and 8 track demos on CD1, and the 24 track demos on CD2 provide a neat and knowing comparison to the finished article. This embryo album had a lot going for it. It could have grown into something much more heavier, or classic rock if you prefer. All very interesting stuff.

Line-Up:

Guitars – Bob Kulick (Kiss, Balance, Meat Loaf, WASP)
Vocals – Dennis St. James (Paul Stanley Band)
Bass – Kjell Benner (Quiet Riot)
Drums – Bobby Rock (Lita Ford, Alcatrazz, Vinnie Vincent Invasion)
guest Keyboards – Jimmy Waldo (New England)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Eyes of a Stranger
02. Breaking the Chains
03. I Like My Music Loud
04. Little Black Book
05. Loser’s Game
06. Living on the Edge
07. Head Over Heels
08. Guitar Commandos
09. This Side of Paradise
10. King of the Night
11. I Like My Music Loud (8 Track Demo)
12. Living on the Edge (8 Track Demo)
13. King of the Night (8 Track Demo)
14. Guitar Commandos (4 Track Demo)
15. Head Over Heels (4 Track Demo)
16. Loser’s Game (Original Demo)
17. Breaking the Chains (Original Demo)
18. This Side of Paradise (12 Track Demo)

CD2:

01. I Like My Music Loud
02. Breaking the Chains
03. Living on the Edge
04. Little Black Book
05. Loser’s Game
06. Eyes of a Stranger
07. Head Over Heels
08. Guitar Commandos
09. This Side of Paradise
10. King of the Night
11. I Like My Music Loud (24 Track Demo)
12. Guitar Commandos (24 Track Demo)
13. Living on the Edge (24 Track Demo)
14. King of the Night (24 Track Demo)
15. Head Over Heels (12 Track Demo)
16. This Side of Paradise (Original Demo)
17. Little Black Book (Original Version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 58 neregistrovaných