Blacksmith - Gipsy Queen - The Early Years '83-'86 (Japan Edition) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Feb 2019, 09:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 116 mb

Bio:

Formed in 1983, the band had an import part in the FWOSHM. With their fast and high pitched sound the band influenced many bands that later became a part of the Swedish wave. At his time the album 'Gypsy Queen' was released as well as the 7" single 'Tomorrows Mystery / The King Have Lost His Crown'. These are today rarities having cult status in the hardrock/metal community. Later on, some unreleased material from this era was included on the album 'World Victims' while a few tracks are now only found as high quality demo tracks. BLACKSMITH evolved from having an early DEEP PURPLE sound to a more modern and raw sound in the likes of JUDAS PRIEST.Further on BLACKSMITH found their own unique blend of sound while keeping the vibe and heart of the hardrock to metal bone. The album 'Once Upon a Star' was released world wide through Massacre Records in Europe and JVC-Victor in most of Asia (30 countries) as well as in Sweden on SunDance Records. The main songwriters and the backbone of the band, Bobby Ho and Per Englund, wrote the material for the next album which was completed around 2001. However, due to some circumstances the material was archived for later use. After a hard time to sort out previous record deals (the legal aspects in the music business are NOT the fun part), BLACKSMITH were finally free to start re-releasing all old material and set off on to finish the new album in August of 2008. The band split up in 1987, but singer Per Englund reformed the band with a new line-up in '97, due to popular demand from the Japanese audience.

Album:

Every now and then, evolution comes to a point where forces causes a branching out, a split where different species eventually come from one common ancestor. Swedish band BLACKSMITH could easily be cast into this position, and their re-release of their early material on Gipsy Queen - The Early Years 83-86 gives credence to this theory. When the opening track "Gipsy Queen" began with a Hammond organ playing a Bach riff (the title escapes me at the moment, I'll remember after it's posted I bet) I was worried it was another failed attempt by a band trying to be more than just "a metal band". Then the main keyboard jam started, joined by the rest of the band in a frantically paced salvo of Deep Purple inspired proto-speed metal. When Per Englund joined in with his powerful vocals, I was intrigued. The solo was divided among Johan Nystrom's talented arpeggios and Nicklas Andersson's classically inspired key work, while Per is showing off his incredible range over top of it all.Mats Andersson shows off his double kick drum ability on "Take Me Home", a rare thing at this point in history, but a requirement for a modern drummer. Evolution… Being an eighties band, the mandatory power ballad appears in "I Don't Know" I powered through it, noting that it was well written, for a ballad. The Final song on the EP "Lying Eyes" was classic Eighties pop metal, including Patrick Ekelof playing the legendary "galloping" bass line. Part 2, the "Tomorrow's Mystery" single, with another ballad on side B sounds like they lost an argument with production and caved in to the "let's be radio friendly like Autograph" argument and wrote music that they themselves didn't enjoy.Part 3, the rehearsal recordings are what really impressed me. The recording quality was bleh, but "Angel" showed how polished they were as a live act. Individual sound seemed great, with each member knowing how to get great stage sound. "Hiroshima" was good but was a straight forward rock song that might have inspired more had it seen an actual studio. When "World Victim " came about, my first thoughts were that this was one of the forefathers of modern Symphonic Metal, and as the song progressed I was not proven wrong. The entire band took turns showcasing their abilities and it made me sad that a band that showed so much potential wasn't allowed to run free in the studio.Overall, BLACKSMITH, while not a household name, still had some influence on the modern European Metal scene, even managing to chart in Japan. The compilation put together here really does illustrate not only the roots of a number of genres in metal, but also the pratfalls of the business in the eighties, money at cost of integrity. Had they been allowed to evolve naturally maybe we would list them with the giants of metal.

Line Up:

Per Englund – Vocals - See also: Free from Sin, ex-220 Volt, ex-Dedication, ex-Garbo, ex-Mandrake Root, ex-Motherlode, ex-Voltergeist
Johan Nystrom – Guitars
Patrick Ekelof – Bass
Mats Andersson – Drums
Nicklas Andersson – Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Gipsy Queen
02. Take Me Home
03. I Don’t Know
04. Lying Eyes
05. Tomorrow’s Mystery
06. The King Has Lost His Crown
07. Angel
08. Hiroshima
09. World Victim
10. Rainbow Horizon (Japan Bonus Track)

Tracks 1-4 are taken from "Gipsy Queen" EP
Tracks 5-6 are taken from "Tomorrow's Mystery" single
Tracks 7-9 are rare rehearsal recordings
Track 10 are special bonus track for Japan

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných