Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Symphonic Metal , Female Vocal
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

Symphonic metal band Dream Ocean was formed by the mezzo-soprano Basak Ylva on vocals and the guitarist Oz Khan . Inspired by many different genres, Dream Ocean is coming forward with powerful vocals, heavy guitars and stunning symphony. The band has played many shows in metal festivals and local metal clubs through the years with releasing “Missing” single and “Daydreamer” EP. As located in Germany since 2017, they have finalized the first full-length album “Lost Love Symphony” with great guest musicians as Mark Jansen (Epica, Mayan) and Jake E (Cyhra, ex-Amaranthe). Jacob Hansen has mastered the album and orchestrations have been arranged by Ruben Wijga and Joost van den Broek. To feel the first breeze from the album, “Beyond the Greed” was released in October 2017 and “Forever” was released in January 2018. The full album will be out on the 22nd of February 2018 via Painted Bass Records.

Album:

Originally from Turkey, but revamped and relocated to Germany, female-fronted symphonic metal act Dream Ocean finally release their debut full-length, featuring a couple of name guest spots and a painstakingly rendered professional production job. I know, who fucking cares? Arriving late to the bandwagon, this is the sort of album that could have made waves a decade ago, but let's face it, the whole "corsetcore" scene has lost its prominence, and while both veteran and newer acts pop out releases like it's the 00's, there's not much of a market or interest for this kind of shit anymore. Just going by the scarce amount of reviews for recent releases by various champs of this niche, there's not even hate lofted towards these groups, just indifference. Nightwish still apparently gets plenty of notice, but I swear half of the dissertations read like nostalgia trips and rhapsodizing about the Tarja days.As for Dream Ocean, I was expecting more of a Turkish twist on the genre, but with the exception of a few songs during the album's latter half, they play it pretty straight. No bellydances, harem metal or minaret mayhem, but lots of mid-tempo symphonic metal. In fact, the first chunk of tunes basically follow the same template, pop song structures, symphonic bombast, somewhat operatic vocals, chugs galore and occasional double-kick drums. You know the drill. Still, I'm surprised the band went for this repetitive song sequence concerning Lost Love Symphony, because during my initial listen it didn't just seem as if they were offering variations of the same formula, but the same damn song. By the time "Forever" rolls up, featuring that douchebag from Amaranthe providing clenched-groin male accompaniment vocals, I was ready to savage this album as a complete borefest. But then "Divine Light" happened.Not the bulk of the song, mind you. It's a power ballad, and yes, it's the most trite, Cheez Whiz way to present variety to an otherwise mid-tempo fest, but towards the climactic crescendo something occurs. We get this inspired barrage of complex bombast as an extended outro, with every instrument from the drums to the piccolos ascending from mild-mannered mediocrity to majestic superheroes of unfathomable might. It's a start.Things get better from there though, especially once "Somewhere Untouched" arrives (poorly conceived title excepted). Granted, the guitar rhythm relies on a whole lot of chuggage, but in this case it works as propulsion under the ecstatic, fiery keyboard melodies that actually sound fucking cool for once. It's heavier than the earlier tracks, along with (finally) a bit of Turkish flaire, and Başak Ylva is game for some breast-beating triumph in her delivery. It's the next track, "Wolfheart", that seals the deal for me, though. This motherfucker really shows the level of righteous gusto the symphonic metal genre can pull off without having to go full-tilt power metal. The Middle Eastern influence kicks up a notch, the pace is faster, and the melodies are more urgent and feisty. Başak also whips out more variety with a little maqamat wailing and frequent lower octave singing that gives her a sense of smooth sensuality. This is not a "stock operatics" show.The album's other ballad, "Song to the Aurora", also lurks within the album's better half, an ethereal number that segues seamlessly into the epic finale "Island of Dreams", which is cool if overlong. Even the lone poppier metal number "Never Enough" is superior to the first slag of tunes, not so much that it features Epica's Mark Jansen dropping some dope guest grunts, but because the chorus is far catchier than the early tracks, that sort of earworm the band were striving for with all of those early numbers.So that's the gist of it, a mundane first half and an entertaining second half. Individually, songs like "Hain" and "Everstorm" aren't so bad as far as commercial critters go, in which there's at least some decent solo breaks to keep a few metal traits alive, but lumping the more accessible mainstream-baiting tracks to the forefront feels forced and undignified since the band has more than just red hair and cleavage going for them. I don't even see the point since crossover success at this point in time for this sort of music is practically a pipedream. Like every fad that caters towards a large audience, there's a time when it subsides, and like pop-rock itself, this branch of metal is following that trend regardless of quality, at least that's how I'm seeing it. Hell, the annual Metal Female Voices Fest is dead in the water after over a decade of activity. With a genre-obvious moniker like Dream Ocean and an album called Lost Love Symphony, I doubt anyone on this site is even reading this review. I can interject here that in my ongoing battle with psoriasis, I had to apply hydro-cortisone on my penis this morning lest my "thing" evolves into The Thing. What can I say, if you've read what I've been typing out up to this point, you're kind of an oddball weirdo clinging to a faded scene anyways. I will concur though, that if you still haven't pacified that itch for symphonic metal with proper ointment treatment, the second half of this album may supply the fingernails needed to keep scratching. Infections be damned, it feels good.

Line Up:

Oz Khan - Guitars (2009-present)
Başak Ylva - Vocals (2009-present)
Sebastian Heuckmann - Bass (2017-present) - See also: Crownfall, Pantaleon
Nils Kessen - Drums (2017-present) - See also: Return to End, ex-Downstream
Borna Matosic - Guitars (2017-present) - Sebastian Plück Keyboards (2017-present)

Tracklist:

01. Inception
02. Beyond the Greed
03. Hain
04. Everstorm
05. Forever
06. Divine Light
07. The Last Dance
08. Somewhere Untouched
09. Wolfheart
10. Never Enough
11. Song to the Aurora
12. Island of Dreams

+ Video "Everstorm" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 24 neregistrovaných