Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Southern Rock , Hard Rock , Rock N Roll
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

HOGJAW - an American Rock n Roll band! Since its inception, they have ignored the boundaries the music industry has standardized for so many artists. Bringing forth mighty riffs, bellowing whiskey filtered vocals with a Boogie sound that can tear paint off the wall. Since 2007, when the group started, that’s the path they have chosen. In 2014, fellow guitarist Kreg Self had to leave Hogjaw due to health issues, which left a big hole in the core. With the band in limbo, Hogjaw had to figure out the next move. With Kreg’s encouragement to go forward, lead-guitarist - Jimmy Rose fell at the doorstep of the band. Being old friends in the music scene, Jimmy decided he wanted to help the band remain and contribute to what Hogjaw had already achieved.So with getting back to the roots, the band revitalized itself with hours upon hours of jamming and making the unit of four become one again. After releasing four studio records, this independent band is about to release its fifth (May 2015): RISE TO THE MOUNTAINS! The band believes lyrically and musically the album has the vibe of a "concept album". Of course, that is to be figured and determined by the individual listener. However, it definitely is a journey of music with the sounds of; Rock, Southern Rock, Blues and Country.Hogjaw have released four studio records since 2008: “Devil in the Details,” “Ironwood” (2010), “Sons of the Western Skies” (2012), and “If It Ain’t Broke” (2013). This collection of songs is what defines the band, period. About to embark on a fifth release with (engineer/producer) Byron Filson at Villain Recording, it is believed this is a new frontier for the group and fans! “RISE TO THE MOUNTAINS” will feature songs like; title track “Rise to the Mountain”, “I will remain”, “Another Day”, “Where Have you Gone” And “Grey Skies” are just a few of the tracks from this Southwestern band’s next offering.The live performances, which are another big factor in how bands shape themselves, are something in which Hogjaw definitely prides themselves. They have found themselves not only touring through North America, but even abroad in Europe & Scandinavia. In 2011 Hogjaw joined forces with booking agency Teenage head Music, enabling them to perform for fans in places they never dreamt they’d visit. Now, the 4th European tour is booked and a 2nd tour of North America is coming together!ITunes, CDBABY, & Southern Records.DE (for vinyl) are a few places you can find Hogjaw’s music. They have had songs used in TV shows like “Army Wives” (Lifetime network),”3 Gun Nation” (versus network), and four wheeling video by “Yankee Truck Night.” The band has released four videos that were filmed, edited and produced by JB Jones - another Co-Produced by Jim Rinkenberger at Image Ave Studios.

Album:

Hogjaw hail from the deserts of Arizona, and are no strangers to European shores. Last year they played 40 plus headline shows supporting the release of their new album, ‘Way Down Yonder’, recently released by Snakefarm Records.‘WDW’ is album number six, and I’m sorry to say I’ve not heard of them before now. If you are like me, and not a hardened fan, but a complete newcomer, here’s a quick low down on Hogjaw. I spent all of my teenage years in the 1980’s, and listened (still do) to the main players at that time – Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot being a staple diet, alongside an entrée of Molly Hatchet and .38 Special. If any of these 4 bands make you all nostalgic for the 70s and 80s, then please, please look no further than these guys, as they epitomize all that is good and was great about American Southern rock. Hogjaw wear their music on their sleeve (literally) – its creepy swamp water and is as Southern as moonshine. In fact, I’m guessing its what they had in their bottles as babies.I have no point of reference with their previous output, just my 1980s upbringing. With opening song ‘Back Home Today’ one thing strikes me immediately, and that’s how good Jonboat Jones is (great forename, dude!). He reminds me of Darius Rucker of 90s band Hootie & The Blowfish. There’s also a running riff that very similar to Queen Of The Stoneage’s ‘No One Knows’. We’re off to a good start.There’s some song titles that could only come from a Southern Rock band – ‘Brown Water’, (I’m scared too to read the lyric sheet), ‘North Carolina Way’, ‘Talk About Fishin’’ and the un-mistakeable ‘Got A Pencil’.‘To Hell With The Rest’ melds Skynyrd with ZZ Top with some pretty decent guitar playing, and Jones’ melody shining through. “Brown Water’ thankfully isn’t a song about the shits, its whisky, thankfully. It’s a faster paced rocker with plenty of energy. ‘North Carolina Way’ is 100% proof pure Lynyrd Skynyrd, with JJ sounding a lot like Van Zandt, with its relaxed verse, before unleashing a powerful chorus. Title track, ‘Way Down Yonder’’s’ riff, is almost a toned back version of Rainbows Sixteenth Century Greensleeves (more to follow…). It has smokin’ and smoulderin’ guitar work, coupled with decent harmonies, and even some a capella with added handclaps for added effect. Its the best song on WDY by a country mile – its their Stargazer (Hint. Or is it?).‘Dark Horse’ is a slow down, a chance to take stock and catch your breath, with its darker lyrical content. ‘I take back (almost) what I said about the title track, ‘Redemption’ is the best track on the album. It’s a sprawling, moody beast of a number. Like any good song its based around a great guitar sound, harmonies, and an anthemic like chorus. Played live, this will probably be a 15 minute opus! ‘Got A Pencil’ goes back to its Southern roots, slide guitar, machine gun drumming (like Brian Downey), and when combined, takes the song up a level or two. ‘Never Surrender’ has its riff come right out of the blocks at ya. It has more of a spoken word vocal for the verse, and shows that Hogjaw do not follow trends and do things their own way.Tracks 1-9 are pretty much southern rock staples, until track ten. ‘Beast Of Burden (Roll On)’ made me do a double take at my computer as I thought I’d skipped a track or two. The riff for this almost note for note ‘Stargazer’ with new lyrics, make no bones about it. You could call it plagiarism, I prefer to call it a tribute to obviously one of their favourite bands. If they love it as much as I do, then good on ya. Try and get past the riff and it’s a good enough song. Finally its onto the last track ‘Talk About Fishin’’ which is bluegrass/country and like Star-Burden is far removed from the rest of the songs.Despite know having a Scooby Doo about Hogjaw, it’s been a very pleasant surprise in hearing them six albums in. That said, I’ll be checking out my digital supplier of streamed music to check out their back catalogue, and if you’re a fan of any of the bands I discussed at the top of this review, then you should to.

Line-Up:

Jonboat Jones - Vocals & Guitar
Jimmy Rose - Lead Guitar
Elvis DD - Bass
Kwall - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Back Home Today
02. To Hell With The Rest
03. Brown Water
04. North Carolina Way
05. Way Down Yonder
06. Dark Horse
07. Redemption
08. Got A Pencil
09. Never Surrender
10. Beast Of Burden (Roll On)
11. Talk About Fishin'

+ Video "Brown Water" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných