Jimmy Waldo & Steven Rosen - Voices From The Past (2CD) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Sep 2018, 13:48

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 158 mb

Album:

"Voices From The Past" is a very special double CD voyage into the heyday of the Los Angeles 80s rock scene with your hosts Jimmy Waldo & Steven Rosen. Jimmy Waldo and Steven Rosen were a prolific writing duo at the height of hard rock’s popularity and were two of the go-to-guys for songs. But it didn’t stop there. This writing partnership lasted for more than 30 years. Featured on these songs are the cream of the city's musicians and singers: Jeff Scott Soto, Steve Plunkett, Billy Trudell, Keith Howland, Tim Pierce, Sherwood Ball, Tommy Thayer, Jamie St James, Marc Ferrari, Bob Kulick and more! It is a story best told by Steven Rosen, who has penned a detailed essay for the liner notes.Here he summarizes: "This songwriting partnership endured and survived the pummeling and pulverizing hammer of the music business, one that relentlessly and thoughtlessly banged you on the head with rejections and the closing of doors. Reaching out hundreds and hundreds of times to publishers, managers, music supervisors and anyone else who might listen to our music, we were summarily dismissed out of hand. We'd sit for hours writing, recording, bashing our brains out and always coming away with something cool. A handful of the songs here were things I wrote with other people and which Jimmy engineered. Jimmy had by the time we met already played keyboards in New England and Alcatrazz and would go on to become a member in Blackthorne, Murder's Row, Quiet Riot and ultimately Graham Bonnet's band. As time passed, we began writing with more specific artists and projects in mind. 'Naked' was written as a possible song for Heart; 'Ricochet' and 'When A Heart Beats Alone' were written for an L.A. glam rock band Jimmy was producing, called Lace; 'City Of Angels' was written for the Japanese NHK network and 'Outlaws' was written for an indie film of the same name and so on. Because we were writing for certain artists, we both knew we needed to pull in guitar players and singers who could convey a specific vibe. We were able to work with mad gifted players like Keith Howland (Chicago), Tim Pierce (Rick Springfield, Goo Goo Dolls), Harry Cody (Shotgun Messiah), Tony Palacios (Guardian) and Lance Morrison (Don Henley, Rick Springfield). And the singers? Oh, my god. Mona Moore brought drama and passion to these songs like no other vocalist I'd ever heard. Graham Bonnet sang his heart out on 'Hearts Under Fire' and 'Double Cross My Heart' and Billy Trudell, working in Warpipes at the time, brought soaring and melodic thunder to 'When It Was A Game', 'Runaway Fire' and '(Ain't No) Honor Among Thieves'."The songs on "Voices From The Past" have remained dormant for years, residing in boxes, hidden in dusty corners. Giles Avery, Graham Bonnet's manager and a music historian with an encyclopedic knowledge of all things rock bordering on ultra-nerd, discovered these DATs, ADATs, reel-to-reels, hard drives and even cassettes deep within the bowels of Waldo's garage. He started listening and was enthralled with what he heard. Giles rescued, resuscitated and resurrected these songs and for that Jimmy and I are eternally grateful."As per usual, JK Northrup has done his complete remastering service on the tracks and Nello Dell'Omo has put together some classy artwork to match.

Line-Up:

Jimmy Waldo
Steven Rosen

+ guests

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Billy Trudell - (Ain't No Honor) Among Thieves 04:12
02. Jeff Scott Soto - Ice 04:29
03. Sherwood Ball - City Of Angels 03:34
04. Mike Val - Ricochet 04:16
05. Mike Val - When A Heart Beats Alone 04:14
06. Guy Perry - Lay This Ghost To Rest 03:59
07. Guy Perry - I Wish You Heaven 04:52
08. Paul Bardot - Hearts Under Fire 03:59
09. Paul Bardot - Blood In The Water 04:14
10. Mona Moore - Second Nature 03:45
11. Steve Plunkett - Still On My Mind 04:44
12. Steve Plunkett - Baby You're The Blood 03:32
13. Steve Plunkett - Tough Enough 04:01
14. Laura Creamer - Naked 04:34
15. Billy Trudell - When It Was A Game 04:19
16. Guy Perry - Water Under The Bridge 04:08

CD2:

01. JP Palalenka - Talking To Myself 03:34
02. Phil Brown - Phantom Of Passion 04:32
03. Mona Moore - (Don't Give Up) On Me 03:43
04. Mona Moore - Thrill Of The Chase 03:00
05. Jamie St. James - Answers In Your Eyes 03:37
06. Guy Perry - Toys Night Out 03:47
07. Greg Edelman - Blow The Beast 03:18
08. Mona Moore - Hold The Night 03:28
09. Laura Creamer - Still On My Mind (Second Version) 04:40
10. Jamie St. James - The Other Side 04:20
11. Mona Moore - Word Of Honor 04:50
12. Greg Edelman - Thinking Is A Dangerous Game 03:56
13. Jimmy Waldo - Island In The Sun (Inst.) 04:06
14. Paul Shortino - Fire Burns Twice 03:21
15. Desi Rexx - Too Far Gone 04:34
16. Mona Moore - Death Of A Kiss 03:15

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 29 neregistrovaných