Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Drive was a five-piece band formed on the northside of Houston, Texas by Rick Chavez.They released two albums, Characters In Time (1988) and Diablero (1992).The band initially came together in the early 1980’s when its original members were barely out of high school. After making a name for themselves in their home state of Texas they made the move to Los Angeles, CA which was quickly becoming the epicenter of the rock music scene. The band took to the World Famous Sunset Strip and quickly made a name for themselves and signed on with Rob Gordon and Vince Hans of LA’s Flash Management. After winning a radio contest with their song “I Need The Nights,” Drive landed on the KNAC Radio Best Of The West compilation released by Rampage Records, the hard rock division of Rhino Records.Impressed with their intelligent, thought-provoking lyrics and signature sound, Rampage Records executive Bob Cahill signed the band, and in July 1988 Drive released their debut LP, Characters In Time. The album received rave reviews from the industry’s hard rock press, including the coveted 5 “K” rating from Kerrang! Magazine. The album also received airplay from hard rock stations around the country as the band toured across the USA.At the beginning of the next decade, Zoo Records’ Lou Maglia made the Rampage owners an offer they couldn’t refuse and purchased the band’s contract. In 1992 Drive released the sonically advanced Diablero on Zoo Records. Sadly, a shake-up at the label along with the dawn of the metal-killing “grunge” scene left the album without much of a push, and although Chavez had already written and recorded demo tapes for what was to be the bands third album, title IDEFI, recording was put on hold and the band members moved back to Texas.On June 30, 2009 vocalist David Taylor passed away after a fatal car accident on a San Antonio Interstate.On February 25, 2017 founder, guitarist and songwriter Rick Chavez passed from an internal bleed that went undetected until it was too late.Now, 20th Century Music label heads Kai Brockschmidt and Dave Tedder along with the surviving members of Drive release IDEFI, A Tribute to Rick Chavez and David Earl Taylor. The album includes, 15 unreleased songs with both Taylor and Chavez taking the lead on vocals. The bands signature style is intact with a sound that brims with pride, an unrelenting fighting spirit, and fierce determination. Although these songs were recorded over 20 years ago, the intelligent lyrics still resonate today with Taylor's dynamic vocals and a musical backdrop that roars with power and precision.

Album:

This one is a doozy. Here we have DRIVE, a power hard rock band out of Houston, Texas that was mainly active in the early nineties. They released two albums, “Characters in Time” in 1988 and “Diablero” in 1992, before label issues cause them to fizzle out. One of the victims of their breakup was their third planned album which had already had some demos recorded, titled IDEFI. It never saw the light of day, until now.So, why are we listening to some demo hard rock tracks from the mid-90s in 2018? Tragically, lead singer David Taylor passed away from a car accident in 2009, and then in 2017 founder and guitarist Rick Chavez also passed away from an undetected internal bleed. The remaining members came together to release these tracks as a final tribute to their fallen brothers.That’s something I can get behind, it’s sentimental, and it’s an opportunity to showcase some potential from a band that never became what it could have. Because of this, I will withhold to certain degree my usual cynicism of the hard rock genre. Also because these boys have some real talent, and I will always respect that.And truthfully, many of these songs really do jam quite well. Taylor and Chavez split vocal duties, and their soaring and powerful vocal melodies combined with the powerful guitar from Chavez truly define the album and bring it to fruition.Track 2 “Insanity” has one of the more brooding and moving choruses on the album, as well as one of my favorite guitar lines.Much of the album falls definitively into the “demo” category, with shoddy recording and incomplete concepts. But, you can’t expect too much from an unfinished album recorded in the 90s that exists solely as a tribute to fallen bandmates. That being said, other highlights include “U or Me” with a crisp guitar solely and a well executed story arc. Immediately after “Under The Spanish Sun” gives us a definite radio hit…at least it would have been…back in the 90s…if it had been released. Shame.Album closer “Fool” provides a unique twist to close out this tribute/demo/collaboration. The hard rock tone takes a backseat and we get a funky vocally driven 70s sounding rock power ballad that moves and grooves with the best of them.Everything being what it is, this is an enjoyable and well thought out tribute to two metalheads taken too soon. I’m sure this was a very emotional thing for the remaining members to do, and I have nothing but respect. This was a band with some degree of potential as we plainly hear, and it’s a shame nothing more ever came of it. Enjoy the experimentation of “IDEFI,” and RIP David Taylor and Rick Chavez.

Line Up:

Michael Anthony Guerrero - Bass
Valentine San Miguel - Drums
Rick Chavez - Guitars
Mike Conde - Guitars
David Taylor - Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Inherit The Wind
02. Insanity
03. Otra Vex
04. Pandilla
05. U12B
06. U Or Me
07. Under The Spanish Sun
08. Idefi
09. Women
10. Not Yet
11. Enemy Wind
12. Me And My Carnal
13. Fool
14. For You
15. Anyway

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných