Lucid Dreaming - The Chronicles Pt. II (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Júl 2023, 09:32

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Lucid Dreaming is the brainchild of Elvenpath guitarist Till Oberboßel.A project created to tell a fantasy story with the voices of some of the most extraordinary singers of the (underground) Metal scene.No, not another "Metal Opera". Yes, a fascinating listening experience that has everything Metal needs.The first album is entiteld "The Chronicles Pt. I". It was unleashed upon this and other worlds on August 2nd, 2013!

Album:

Music for me has everything to do with feeling and the mood of the moment. And apparently I wasn’t in that great a mood at the time I reviewed ’The Chronicles Pt. 1’, the debut from the German Lucid Dreaming (the project around Elvenpath guitarist Till Oberboßel), because after listening to the album again, I must honestly confess that I have done that record too short! It doesn’t happen often, but in this case I must greatly change my opinion, there that album is indeed a pleasant power metal release, and the previously mentioned mediocrity is not true. Therefore the album definitely deserved a few points more in the final score.But anyway, new album, new chances. Four years after the first part of the concept based on ‘The Chronicles Of Prydain’ novels by fantasy author Llyod Alexander, Oberboßel returns with the successor. On the second part of ‘The Chronicle’ the gentlemen more or less continues where he left off on the debut, and again delivers melodic, dreamy, epic and folky power metal. But at the same time there is a sturdier and more straightforward approach, which makes the whole thing sound less cliché and – despite the limited use of keyboards – even more epic than before. The emphasis also lies more on epic mid-tempo pieces rather than on up-tempo power metal. Don’t get me wrong though, because with songs such as ‘Man Of The Land’, ‘Judgment Day’, and ‘The Fate Of Fools’ the album does have a number of tasty up-tempo power metallers. On the other hand the folk influences, which mostly come forward in the vocal parts, are more obviously present. On that matter I must think a lot of Blind Guardian here. On the other hand the riffs, the general guitar sound and many of the vocal melodies remind of Rebellion (during the ‘The History Of The Vikings’ trilogy). Having ex-Rebellion (and current Accept) guitarist Uwe Lulis contribute to the album – who has also been responsible for the production – that of course is not that surprising.Besides the different vocalists – among which Alexis Warnabot (Hürlement), Leo Stivala (Forsaken), Jvo Jumly (ex-Emerald), Dragutin Kremenovic (Elvenpath), Marco Concoreggi (Dexter Ward) and Jutta Weinhold (Zed Yago) – ‘The Chronicles Pt. II’ has also turned out more versatile musically. There the pace is lower in general and the songs contain a lot more tempo- and mood changes, the new material is a bit more difficult to digest. Therefore the album requires multiple spins in order to fully reveal itself more. After a number of turns the pieces of the puzzle more and more fall into place, and the well thought-through compositions come better into their own. All in all ‘The Chroncles Pt. II’ is a step forward for Lucid Dreaming and a good album, and one that fans of fantasy power metal should definitely give a chance.

Line Up:

Till Oberboßel Guitars - See also: Elvenpath, ex-Abramelin, ex-Satanic Wizard, ex-Ausgebrannter Kadaver, ex-Endless Pain, ex-Kiffed Elephant, ex-Nostradamus, ex-Thunder Gods

Tracklist:

01. Introduction
02. Who Am I
03. Morva's Marshes
04. Man of the Land
05. Cantrevs of Prydain
06. Judgement Day
07. Temptation
08. The Fate of Fools
09. My Land of Pain
10. Summer's End

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 87 neregistrovaných