Don Barnes - Ride The Storm (2CD) (Special Edition) (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Máj 2020, 06:59

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 227 mb

Bio:

Richard Donald "Don" Barnes (born December 3, 1952) is an American rock vocalist and guitarist and one of the founding members of the Southern rock band 38 Special.Barnes performed lead vocals on many of the group's biggest hits, including "Rockin' into the Night," "Hold On Loosely," "Caught Up in You," "If I'd Been the One," "Back Where You Belong," "Like No Other Night," and more.Barnes left the band in 1987, with the song "Back to Paradise" (from the movie Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise) being his final hit with the band. He was replaced by Max Carl.Barnes recorded a solo album Ride the Storm in 1989, but it wasn't released due to the record label (A&M Records) being sold. It featured many of the top session musicians of the time, such as Jeff Porcaro and Dann Huff. The album was co-produced by singer-songwriter Martin Briley. Barnes rejoined 38 Special in 1992 and has remained with them ever since. The album will be released on June 30, 2017 on MelodicRock Records.

Album:

MelodicRock Records is excited to see that DON BARNES ‘Ride The Storm’ is out worldwide now.In searching for the original masters for ‘Ride The Storm’, after being lost for two decades, Don found the only existing copy of a ‘rock mix’ that was commissioned back in 1989 to take a look at how the songs would sound, remixed for a bigger ‘rock’ impact.Ever the completist, MRR’s Andrew McNeice insisted that both mixes of the classic album were included in the release – as well as the three individual, heavily traded, solo demo tracks that were recorded but not included on the original album.The complete ‘Ride The Storm’ release will therefore be a 2CD set, featuring the album in its intended form, plus the second ‘alternate mix’ disc, on which the three additional bonus tracks are added at the end. The second Disc and bonus tracks appear only on the CD version (not digital) of this release.As there was no original artwork yet conceived for ‘Ride The Storm’, so regular MRR artist extraordinaire Nello Dell'Omo was commissioned to come up with something amazing. And that he has. In collaboration with Don, who drove the vision and MRR, the end result might just be one of his best album covers yet!Two individual sets of remastering also serve the album well – it sounds as fresh, punchy and as amazing as it ever has. Thanks to JK Northrup (Rock Mix) and Brian Foraker (Alt. Mix) for their vital work.It's double your pleasure time for fans of 38 Special as Ride the Storm presents this 2-CD set, a previously-unreleased solo album from the band's front man Don Barnes, both in its original 1989 form and a remix version from last year.The record, cut while Barnes took a five-year hiatus from 38 Special, was originally scheduled for release on A&M Records but got set aside when the label ownership changed, causing it to get lost in the shuffle for nearly 30-years.Barnes' voice is instantly recognizable as the same one that powered 38 Special hits like "Caught Up in You," "Hold on Loosely" and "Rockin' Into the Night" and here album cuts like "Maybe You'll Believe Me Now," the made-for-radio southern rock of "I'd Do it All Over Again" and a powerful cover of the Chicago hit "Feelin' Stronger Everyday" can easily sit proudly alongside all the 38 Special favorites.Barnes plays guitar throughout and he's got a superlative bunch of sidemen helping out here, including former Heart drummer Denny Carmassi, Dann Huff, Sammy Hagar keys man Jesse Harms and the late Toto members Jeff and Mike Porcaro.38 Special is currently touring with Barnes at the helm and maybe a couple of these songs will find a way into the set list on any given evening; for sure though fans will be pleased to rock into the night with Ride the Storm any time.

Line Up:

Don Barnes - vocals , guitar (38 Special)

+ guests:

Dann Huff
Alan Pasqua
Jeff Porcaro
Mike Porcaro
Jesse Harms
Denny Carmassi

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Ride The Storm (4:52)
02. Looking For You (5:13)
03. I Fall Back (4:17)
04. Don't Look Down (4:25)
05. Maybe You'll Believe Me Now (4:37)
06. I'd Do It All Over Again (4:13)
07. Everytime We Say Goodbye (4:36)
08. Feelin' Stronger Everyday (3:49)
09. After The Way (4:30)
10. Johnny Ain't So Cool (3:35)

CD2:

01. Ride The Storm (Alternate Mix) (4:42)
02. Looking For You (Alternate Mix) (4:47)
03. I Fall Back (Alternate Mix) (4:01)
04. Don't Look Down (Alternate Mix) (4:18)
05. Maybe You'll Believe Me Now (Alternate Mix) (4:36)
06. I'd Do It All Over Again (Alternate Mix) (4:19)
07. Everytime We Say Goodbye (Alternate Mix) (4:21)
08. Feelin' Stronger Everyday (Alternate Mix) (3:39)
09. After The Way (Alternate Mix) (4:18)
10. Johnny Ain't So Cool (Alternate Mix) (3:28)
11. Through The Eyes Of Love (Demo) (4:29)
12. Looking For Juliet (Demo) (3:01)
13. Let's Talk About Love (Demo) (3:28)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných