Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

This one just arrived to our desk and what a nice surprise it is: "Humanity", the new album by Brazilian Melodic Hard Rockers STILL LIVING.Founded twelve years ago, the guys in Still Living are obviously in love with classic '80s FM Rock / AOR sounds, and they have learned that musical lesson pretty well!Still Living released their debut in 2012 by themselves, self-produced and recorded in their hometown, with the initial batch of physical CD's exhausted soon. They even were asked by a Japanese record store to send several copies, all sold out as well. Now Still Living is planning a reissue, but let's talk about their fresh album "Humanity".As said, Still Living's music is based in Eighties Melodic Rock, with a strong AOR foundation and occasionally adding a Hard Rock touch.'Flying High' opens the album in a solid form, somehow reminding me White Widdow's formula of sweet guitar riffs and contagious keyboards, melodic verses and a catchy chorus. Renato Costa owns a tenor rocking voice proper for this kind of rock - a bit accented but it provides an exotic charm, while the rest of the guys are solid musicians.Starting with classic synths in a Styx / Journey vein, second cut "Signs" is much more AOR, then "Murder Of Crows" shows Still Living's American Melodic Rock influx, a midtempo track yet meaty, powerful.Semi-ballad 'You Remain Alive' adds some Toto waves, while I found the main guitar riff and keyboards atmospheres of 'Humanufactured' quite similar to Kevin Chalfant's Two Fires.Still Living harden its sound with "Stolen Prayer" and "Rock And Roll Thunder" (some Watchmen / Whitesnake on it), but their motto is Melodic Rock, as heard in the excellent "Shelter" (akin Danger Danger) and the pumping 'Way Back Home', the latter mixed with a strong AOR feel.The pure ballad arrives with the ethereal 'Eyes', very well arranged and performed, then we have as bonus two tracks recorded & released as singles in between albums; the moody AOR of 'Hollow Man' (nice solo), and the acoustically filled and extremely melodic 'Surrender'.I love when bands like Still Living just spring up out of nowhere, take me by surprise and deliver a great slice of indie AOR.Of course we are talking about a self-produced record, and while there's some mix / mastering flaws here and there, the band feels tight and their songs are really good. With a proper budget & producer, we're in front of a truly promising band with international projection. Specialized labels take notice!

Album:

The curiously titled "YmmiJ" is the new album from Brazilian Melodic Hard Rockers STILL LIVING to be released tomorrow December 8. It marks a new step for the band as with this third effort STILL LIVING have created some kind of a concept, however all songs work on their own wrapped with infectious hooks that will appeal to any lover of classic / 80s influenced melodic hard rock. While most of the songs in "YmmiJ" are linked by a story about modern age tribulations of a guy called Jimmy (hence the album's title, his name backwards "YmmiJ"), you can easily enjoy all songs separately. And what really matters with STILL LIVING is their music, melodic hooky rockers very well rounded.'Reign of Pills' opens the album in great form somehow reminding me of MISS BEHAVIOUR formula of sweet guitar riffs, nice keyboards, melodic verses and a catchy chorus. Renato Costa owns a proper tenor rocking voice for this kind of rock - a bit accented but it provides an exotic charm, while the rest of the guys are solid musicians.Harder, second cut 'On the Edge' is driven by sharp guitars, even increased on the bouncy rocker 'Call of the Night', but next 'Dusty Blue Shadow' returns to a familiar Melodic Rock territory.'The Man I've Become' is one of my favorites, with a clear American Melodic Rock influx in the JOURNEY vein complete with lovely keyboards and an anthemic feel. 'King of Nothing' provides a grooy rocking rhythm and darker lyrics, followed by the quite solid ballad 'Haunted' with fine clean guitar creating atmosphere.The midtempo AORish 'Peace or Pieces?' musically brings to my mind Kevin Chalfant's TWO FIRES, 'I.M. Jimmy' rocks with an European touch (compared with Italians WHEELS OF FIRE), and 'Mr. Mirror' is another good ballad, this time with piano as main instrument.Reaching the end, 'Cult of the Rough Awakening' is more like a hard rocker, then 'In the Dark' is the final short spoken interlude (there's 4 in the tracklist) before closing with the very melodic instrumental 'As Shallow as It Gets'.It's great to hear bands like STILL LIVING keeping the Melodic Rock / AOR flame alive at every corner of the planet."YmmiJ" is solid, entertaining record mixing hooks & melodies with a concept story - follow it or not, in any way you will enjoy it.

Line-Up:

Renato Costa - Vocals
Eduardo Holanda - Guitars
Wagner Souza - Bass
Thiago Nascimento - Keyboards
Cleber Melo - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Reign of Pills
02. On the Edge
03. Call of the Night
04. Dusty Blue Shadow
05. Listen to Me!
06. The Man I've Become
07. King of Nothing
08. Haunted
09. Peace or Pieces?
10. Who Are You?
11. Mr. Mirror
12. I.M. Jimmy
13. Jane
14. Cult of the Rough Awakening
15. In the Dark / As Shallow as It Gets

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných