Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - My Re-Generation (2010) (Frontiers Music Reissue 2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Joe Elliott's Down 'N' Outz - My Re-Generation (2010) (Frontiers Music Reissue 2017)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Dec 2017, 06:51

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010 (Frontiers Music Reissue 2017)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 242 mb

Bio:

Down 'n' Outz are an English band featuring members from Def Leppard, The Quireboys, and Raw Glory. The group covers bands and artists related to Mott the Hoople including Mott, British Lions, and Ian Hunter.Their debut album, My ReGeneration, was released in 2010, and was followed by a DVD release of the band's show at Hammersmith Odeon.The band's second studio album was released in April 2014.Sometimes, the most interesting of projects arise from the most unusual of circumstances. So it is that the Down 'N Outz is a project fronted by Def Leppard's Joe Elliott, backed by The Quireboys and playing rare tracks connected only by Mott The Hoople....Joe Elliott takes up the story, "When Mott The Hoople announced they were reforming for a week's worth of shows at the Hammersmith Odeon I was asked that I participate in some capacity. They've always been my favourite band and it's nice to see the rest of the rock world finally catch up and give them their due.""But, what was I to do? It was suggested to me that the Quireboys would be up for offering their services. This was perfect! A fan since their first album, I loved the idea of working with a band as enthusiastic to do this as I was. I decided that the thing to do was play some songs that like-minded people thought they would never hear live again, if ever, songs by spin offs of Mott the Hoople - songs by Mott, Ian Hunter and British Lions. Songs that are close to my heart, songs that I've played every week for the best part of 35 years on record, cassette, CD, iPod and now live."The Down 'N Outz supported Mott The Hoople at one of their legendary 2009 reformation shows at Hammersmith Odeon. In addition to Joe Elliott (Vocals/Guitar/Keyboards), the band featured The Quireboys' Paul Guerin (Guitar), Guy Griffin (Guitar), Keith Weir (keyboards) and Phil Martini (drums) and finally bassist Ronnie Garrity (Raw Glory). Following a rapturous reception, the one night project took on a life and energy of its own and an album project was born.Down 'N Outz then set about recording an album's worth of material. The album was produced by Joe Elliott with co-production by Ronan McHugh. The album was recorded at Joe Elliott's own studio, Joe's Garage, and Moor Hall studio in Bedfordshire.

Album:

Sometimes, the most interesting of projects arise from the most unusual of circumstances. "My Re-Generation" was the first life-sign of DOWN 'N' OUTZ, a very special collaboration between DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott and THE QUIREBOYS members (being his backing band here). Now signed to Frontiers Music, the label has re-issued the CD 2017 with the addition of 2 bonus tracks.DOWN 'N' OUTZ play rare tracks connected only by the classic British band MOTT THE HOOPLE (one of DEF LEPPARD's biggest influence), including IAN HUNTER or BRITISH LIONS material, of course.All started when MOTT THE HOOPLE announced they were reforming some time ago for a week's worth of shows at the Hammersmith Odeon, and Elliot was asked to participate in some form. THE QUIREBOYS were invited as well, so they decided to join and play several songs under the name 'DOWN 'N' OUTZ'.DOWN 'N' OUTZ supported MOTT THE HOOPLE at one of their legendary 2009 reformation shows at Hammersmith Odeon. In addition to Joe Elliott (Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards), the band featured THE QUIREBOYS' Paul Guerin (Guitar), Guy Griffin (Guitar), Keith Weir (keyboards) and Phil Martini (drums) and finally bassist Ronnie Garrity (Raw Glory).Following a rapturous reception, the one-night project took on a life and energy of its own and an album project was born.DOWN 'N' OUTZ then set about recording an album's worth of material.Titled "My Re-Generation" and originally released in 2010, the album was produced by Joe Elliott with co-production by Ronan McHugh, and recorded at Elliott's own studio, Joe's Garage, and Moor Hall studio in Bedfordshire.Let there be no doubt of Joe Elliott’s deep love of MOTT THE HOOPLE. Who else would -- or could -- craft an album-length salute to the music the group made after IAN HUNTER left, rounding up highlights from Hunter’s solo albums and the much-disparaged records by Mott and the BRITISH LIONS?Better still, who else could make a record good enough to suggest that those neglected LPs were unfairly maligned?That’s exactly what he’s down with "My Re-Generation".There are a pair of familiar tunes here -- the Vanda & Young classic “Good Times,” which Mott cut in 1976, and Hunter’s “England Rocks” -- but for the most part Elliott excavated songs ignored by even many Mott die-hards, finding unheralded classics from the pens of Pete Overend Watts and Morgan Fisher, along with several sterling selections from Hunter.The selection is first-rate but what makes "My Re-Generation" such a blast is the untrammeled enthusiasm of DOWN 'N' OUTZ. These guys don’t add any frills to these songs -- if anything, they strip them away; the Mott songs aren’t nearly as overstuffed as those on Shouting and Pointing -- they just barrel through these songs as if there’s nothing else they’d rather be doing.On "My Re-Generation" Elliott and the guys tackled some of the best Mott related material and the results are very impressive.The loose attitude is heard throughout the album and I’ll go as far as to say that Joe Elliott hasn’t sounded this good in years as the song selection fits his vocal range splendidly. Elliott really sells the project with his passion for the music coming through the speakers and the rest of the DOWN 'N' OUTZ follow suit with their flawless interpretations of these classic rock tunes.This is a welcomed 2017 reissue by Frontiers, including two bonus tracks.

Line-Up:

Joe Elliott (Def Leppard) - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Paul Guerin (The Quireboys) - Guitar
Guy Griffin (The Quireboys) - Guitar
Keith Weir (The Quireboys) - Keyboards
Phil Martini (The Quireboys) - Drums
Ronnie Garrity (Raw Glory) - Bass

Tracklist:

01 - Golden Opportunity
02 - Storm
03 - Overnight Angels
04 - Career (No Such Thing as Rock 'n' Roll)
05 - England Rocks
06 - Shouting and Pointing
07 - By Tonight
08 - Apologies
09 - Who Do You Love
10 - One More Chance to Run
11 - 3000 Miles from Here
12 - Good Times
13 - The Flip Side of the Shameless Whelk
14 - By Tonight (Midnight Mix) (Bonus Track)
15 - Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding (Live) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Overnight Angels" (Official Video)
+ Video "Overnight Angels" (Official Live Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných