Purpendicular - tHis Is The tHing #1 (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Nov 2020, 15:52

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Hard Rock , Classic rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 105 mb

Bio:

Purpendicular, was formed in October 2007 by Irish Vocalist/Frontman Robby Thomas Walsh.The success Story of Purpendicular is nothing Short of amazing, as in the First Touring year the Band completed a short European Tour with Original Deep Purple Drummer Ian Paice.The First two years the Band completed Shows in mainly Austria & Germany.In 2010, the Band were Invited to Russia St Petersburg and perform with the Legendary Vocalist of Rainbow, Deep Purple & Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Lynn Turner.By the year 2011, The Band underwent a complete revamp, Bringing in new Players who had Performed with Jon Lord the Concerto For Group & Orchestra in 2009.This change was mainly due to Tour much more than before and get established in many other Countries.In Purpendicular are using and sharing the Same Drum Kit and Set up as Ian Paice.By 2012 the Band embarked on the Official 40th Anniversary Tour of Machine Head which was endorsed by Ian Paice.On this Tour The Band were Joined by Ian Paice for a few Dates in Switzerland & Germany as well as the Surprise addition of Original Deep Purple Bassist Roger Glover.This was the very first Deep Purple Tribute that Roger ever Performed with and has stated his Interest to do so again if time allows.Another major Event for Purpendicular on the Machine Head Tour was the Historic Invite to play in Montreux Switzerland, which is a Town with a Rich and Famous Deep Purple History.Again this was another feat in which no other Deep Purple Tribute had achieved until now.Purpendicular now have completed Tours in Countries such as Germany, Austria, Hungary, France, Holland, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Denmark,and Croatia with many more Countries to be covered in the near Future.2012 also seen Purpendicular as the Worlds most Booked Deep Purple Tribute Show.In 2013 Purpendicular will Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Battle Rages on Tour, which was naturally Ritchie Blackmores last Studio album with the Band!2014 and 2015 Purpendicular wrote and recorded their Brand New Original Album Titled, 'tHis is the tHing #1 Featuring Ian Paice, Roger Glover, and Niell Murray.The Band will Tour Heavily in 2015 with some Guest Star players joining occasionally.Ian Paice completed Nine Dates between October 2014 and 2015 in Czech Republic, Germany, France, Switzerland,& Denmark promoting the New Album.The Band in 2015 & 2016 embark on heavy Touring in many Countries and have begun writing sessions for the follow up to the album tHis is the tHing#1.

Album:

Purpendicular is a band that started basically out as a Deep Purple tribute band. Which is also how I got to see them originally, when they were doing a gig with Ian Paice on the drums. That was in 2008, a great concert and a wonderful night, and I was very impressed with their skills.So, I was pleased and thrilled, when they eventually announced their first album with their own songs. It should take again a long time for it to be finished and released, but finally, so many years, some changes in line-up – and a number of concerts I should have seen – later, I could hear the first four songs from said album live.Those four songs did fit very well in between so many Purple classics, so my expectations for the entire album were quite high.Knowing that all the four instrumentalists from Deep Purple had contributed to the album, I had fun listening for the first time without reading any informations, but trying to figure out who was playing on which song. To be honest, I was most of the time wrong – which should give you some indication how good this album is!The album starts with a big bang (so to say, a gong being hit). Great, swinging rhythm (ok, Ian Paice on the drums…), but also an enormously catchy chorus, and a guitar solo that might come from Steve Morse himself (which it doesn’t). Listen to this track twice, and it will stay with you for the rest of the day.The same goes for the next two tracks. Very rhythm-emphasised and with quite ‘dirty’ vocals from Robby Walsh. ‘Only to laugh at’ reminds vaguely of Deep Purple’s ‘Sail Away’, which is by no means a bad thing. I have seen an audience do some serious headbanging to these songs, even when hearing them only for the first time.‘Rain is gone’ is a bit less straightforward, with a more intricate rhythm, an almost oriental feeling about it, and a slide solo to boot. Roger Glover on bass.‘If it’s possible’ is the first song with a bit of a more laid-back approach. Lovely piano work by Christoph Kögler, and Robby singing in a higher register.‘Off my trolley’ starts with a trademark Hammond chord of Don Airey and sports a typical Steve Morse solo. This song will make all Deep Purple aficionados happy, but is probably the least ‘Purpendicular-ish’ one.‘Broken Bones’ is again mid-tempo, with all the qualities of a slow burner.‘Crazy’ was the fourth song they played live, and without any doubt rightfully chosen. Serious foot-tapping and/or head-nodding on my side.‘Keep me away’ is probably the song where Robby shines most. Vocals that are intriguingly ‘almost-off’, and screams that would make any singer proud. Plus lovely guitar work from Frank Pané.The album closes with an ‘Samara’. The title is programme, and who thinks of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Kashmir’ is not totally wrong. To be honest, I could have sworn that it is Steve playing the solo here, but apparently it is Frank who contributes the (for me) best solo on the album.Conclusion:This album shows a band that has found its own identity. They play in the spirit of the great rock bands of the 70s, without clinging too much to any of them.Good, solid Rock and Roll, with the occasional twist, but that is what makes things interesting. Not a single ‘weak’ track to be found, and fitting for basically every mood.If you want to do some serious workout at a concert, or face a long drive on a highway, this is the music for you.

Line Up:

Robby Thomas Walsh - vocals
Frank Pané - guitars
Malte Frederik Burkert - bass
Corrado Solarino - keyboards

guests:

Ian Paice - drums
Roger Glover - bass
Bernhard Welz - drums

Tracklist:

01. Somebody Done It
02. Dancing In The Cage
03. Only To Laugh At
04. Rain Is Gone
05. Possible
06. Business Is Business
07. Broken Bones
08. Crazy
09. Keep Me Away
10. Samara

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných