Bob Wheeler - Bob Wheeler (The Lost US Jewels Collectors Series Vol.2) (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Jún 2020, 11:34

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (The Lost US Jewels Collectors Series - Vol.2 2016)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 130 mb

Bio:

Band/solo project from Syracuse, New York. Their style floats around the early Bon Jovi, Icon, Journey, of course, less accomplished. Songwriting isn’t stellar, not bad either, Bob’s vocals do the job and you can find some nice riffing and keyboard twirls. Indie production recorded between Dec ’86 / feb ’87, this is a hard to find collector’s item. Some time after, Wheeler would be the vocalist of Eklypse, another one album only-band rarity.

Album:

More from the excellent ”Lost Jewels Series” here’s BOB WHEELER‘s “Bob Wheeler +3“. Coming from New Jersey, Bob Wheeler released this self-titled album in 1987, here reissued / remastered on CD for the first time, plus 3 new tracks.Wheeler’s style is similar to the likes of Bon Jovi, Aldo Nova and Surgin, so expect plenty of keyboard heavy AOR here.Some time after, Bob Wheeler would be the vocalist of EKLYPSE.Limited to 500 copies and sold out now.Bob and his band do peddle an extended brand of AOR, which fuses separate parts into the whole. Acoustic intros, carefully arranged verses and pitch-perfect bridges and choruses are all the order of the day. The drum work is quite big-sounding for an independent release, and overall the whole thing is well produced.After the really 80s intro ‘The Owlature’, we rip right into ‘Loud As Hell’. It appears to be a mix of Melidian’s style of guitar riffarama with a hint of Bon Jovi in the melodies alongside the tinkly keyboards.‘Givin Love, Takin Love’ is driven by more keyboard parps and Bob’s phrasing in the Aldo Nova style, and there’s a clever arrangement to ‘Losin’ It Again’, some kind of Beau Geste yet muscular.‘Drive Out On The Highway’ is one of my favorites, an 80s-type of huge AOR midtempo / semi-ballad which brings to mind 1985’s Fortune. One of the better rockers is ‘Give It To Me’ – this is very likeable, with more reliance on a strong guitar riff with no obvious similarities.‘Make My Phone Ring’ is another strong melodic rocker with Melidian tendencies, more chugging guitars feature on ‘Can Ya Hear Me’, while ‘Hang On’ dips its toes into the Surgin musical mix.“Bob Wheeler” deliver the kind of melodic rock / AOR we all love in the classic mid-Eighties style, and many of these tracks easily could have been part of any ‘action movie’ soundtrack from the era.A long lost indie LP only now fully remastered and including 3 unreleased songs as bonus.

Line-Up:

Bob Wheeler - vocals, producer (Ex-Roulette, Ex-Bob Wheeler Band)
Ed Zeszutko – guitars, vocals
Chris Tso – bass, vocals
Earl Hamilton – drums
John Cannata – backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. The Owlature
02. Loud As Hell
03. Givin Love, Takin Love
04. Losin It Again
05. Drive Out On The Highway
06. Give It To Me
07. Make My Phone Ring
08. Man And The Gun
09. Can Ya Hear Me
10. Hang On
11. Skylar Ghray (Bonus Track)
12. Time Slippin’ Away (Bonus Track)
13. One Night Alone (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných