Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 166 mb

Info:

Ghost (known as Ghost B.C. in the United States) is a Swedish heavy metal band that was formed in Linköping in 2008.In 2010, they released a 3-track demo followed by a 7" vinyl titled "Elizabeth," and later their debut full-length album Opus Eponymous. The Grammis-nominated album was widely praised and increased their popularity significantly.Their second album and major label debut Infestissumam was released in 2013, debuted at number one in Sweden, and won the Grammis Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Album.Ghost are easily recognizable because of their eccentric on-stage presence. Five of the group's six members wear hooded robes and the vocalist appears wearing skull make-up and dressed as a "demonic anti-Pope".The band's members keep their identities secret and their names have not been publicly disclosed; the vocalist calls himself Papa Emeritus and the musicians are referred to only as Nameless Ghouls.A Nameless Ghoul said that Ghost formed in 2006, when the members were in another band together and he played a riff that would become "Stand By Him" to them. He said, "I said that this is probably the most heavy metal riff that has ever existed.", "When the chorus came to me, it haunted my dreams. Every time I picked up the guitar, I ended up playing that progression, and when I fit the words in, it seemed to cry out for a Satanically-oriented lyric."Sample of "Elizabeth" from Opus Eponymous (2010).Problems playing this file? See media help.After choosing the name Ghost, the band decided to use their love of horror films and "the traditions of Scandinavian metal" in the band's imagery.A Nameless Ghoul said, "Everything started with a bunch of songs. We knew very early that to make this material work we needed to fulfill our dream of putting a horror show together with music."In 2010, the band produced a three-track demo and the vinyl-only single "Elizabeth", before releasing their first studio album, Opus Eponymous, on October 18, 2010.The album was well-received and was nominated for the 2011 Grammis Award for "Best Hard Rock" album.Ghost supported gothic metal band Paradise Lost on their "Draconian Times MMXI" tour in April 2011.On May 29, Ghost made their United States debut at the Maryland Deathfest.the band played at the annual Download Festival in the United Kingdom on the Pepsi Max Stage on June 11. Following their performance, Phil Anselmo, lead singer of the band Down, performed wearing a Ghost t-shirt and invited three of Ghost's members to join him on the main stage. When Down closed their set, both guitars and drums were played by members of Ghost.Ghost took part in the "Defenders of the Faith III" tour with Trivium, In Flames and Rise to Remain for its UK and Europe shows. The band then embarked on their first United States tour, "13 Dates of Doom" beginning in New York on January 18, 2012, and ending on February 2 in Los Angeles.Ghost joined Mastodon and Opeth as the opening act on the Heritage Hunter Tour throughout North America during April and May 2012.In early 2012, a Nameless Ghoul said that the band had completed writing their second album.

Album:

I found myself in a strange position last year, finding the almost universally praised Ghost album Meliora hit-or-miss. I'd much preferred their previous effort, Infinetessimam, which was conversely met with lukewarm reviews by the public at large. I think I can split the difference on this new EP, Popestar. The five-track EP only features one new Ghost composition, "Square Hammer", but damn is it a corker.Those who still pine for the band to return to the relative heaviness of their first album, Opus Anonymous, still won't give a shit. It's got those same Blue Oyster Cult-meets-ABBA pop hooks that metal purists have been decrying since at least album #2. But for those of us on board with such possibilities, "Square Hammer" is one of the shining gems in the band's catalog. It's a relentless confection of earworm hooks, carnival organ and a harmony chorus that just won't quit.The other four tracks are covers in the vein of the band's 2013 EP If You Have Ghosts. The song selection is just that much more adventurous than on the previous extended play. First up is "Nocturnal Me", an old Echo & the Bunnymen cut from their classic Ocean Rain album… you know, the one with "The Killing Moon", although that was thankfully considered too obvious to cover here. The Ghost version adds a bit more beef to the original's post-punk guitar tone, registering somewhere between old Marilyn Manson and H.I.M., but better than that comparison might sound."I Believe" shows that Ghost do indeed listen to music from this century, it having originated on Simian Mobile Disco's 2007 album, Attack Decay Sustain Release. This one is primarily a showcase for Papa Emeritus III's crooning, accompanied only by a light synth chorus and brushed drums. It's a decent rendition in its own right that seems more like an interlude tying the heavier songs together, sandwiched as it is in the middle of the sequencing.Next up is "Missionary Man", a huge hit for the Eurythmics back in 1986: one of their last really big ones, and one which gets almost zero nostalgia spins 30 years later. The heavy, bombastic guitars work really well on this one, although Emeritus' weirdly nasal intonation sounds uncomfortably like the sprechgesang of Fred Scheider of the B-52's. Still a decent stab at an unfairly overlooked 80's pop classic.Finally we have a song that nearly everyone hearing this, myself included, will have been heretofore unfamiliar with: "Bible" by Swedish band Imperiet. Also dating from 1986, this song features the gated drums, gospel chorus and ringing, atonal guitars that would be expected out of a song from the era (if Imperiet hadn't written this song, Mike & the Mechanics would have had to). "Bible" is one of the most epic and unapologetically grandiose pop statements Ghost have ever released, even if they didn't actually write it. If you can't get into this you just don't fuck with the 80's, and at this point that means maybe you shouldn't be fucking with Ghost either.

Line-Up:

Nameless Ghoul Bass
Nameless Ghoul Drums
Nameless Ghoul Guitars (lead)
Nameless Ghoul Guitars (rhythm)
Nameless Ghoul Keyboards
Papa Emeritus III Vocals (2008-present)

Tracklist:

01. Square Hammer 3:59
02. Nocturnal Me 5:13
03. I Believe 4:06
04. Missionary Man 3:42
05. Bible 6:34

+ Video "Square Hammer" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 18 neregistrovaných