Boy Meets Girl - Reel Life (1988) (Japan Limited Edition 2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Júl 2019, 07:37

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Japan Limited Edition 2016)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR , Male & Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Boy Meets Girl is an American pop-music duo consisting of keyboardist and vocalist George Merrill and singer Shannon Rubicam. They are perhaps best known for their hit song "Waiting for a Star to Fall" from 1988 and for writing two of Whitney Houston's number one hits: "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)". The members of Boy Meets Girl, George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam, wrote and composed a number of songs for other artists. Most famous are their two number one hits written for Whitney Houston, "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)". They also wrote the songs "Don't Tell Me We Have Nothing" and "Haunting Me" for Deniece Williams and the song "I Know You By Heart", which was recorded by Dolly Parton and Smokey Robinson for Parton's 1987 Rainbow album, and later covered by Bette Midler for the Beaches soundtrack. The duo also performed backing vocals on Deniece Williams's number one hit, "Let's Hear It for the Boy". Merrill also sang backing vocals on Bette Midler's Some People's Lives album.Boy Meets Girl usually produced a demo version, or, in some cases such as "Don't Tell Me We Have Nothing", a studio version, before Merrill and Rubicam handed the songs to the intended artists.The duo's first album as a recording act was self-titled, and its lead-off song, "Oh Girl", a bitter tale of a failed relationship was released as a single by A&M Records. The song reached number 39 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in May 1985. The Boy Meets Girl album peaked at number 76 on the album charts.Three years later, the group released their follow-up album, Reel Life, which featured the single "Waiting for a Star to Fall". With this selection, after years of writing and composing songs for other artists, the duo earned mainstream success in their own right. In the United States, "Waiting for a Star to Fall" peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at number 1 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.The song reached number 9 in the UK and was also a top ten Australian hit in April 1989. It was featured in the 1990 movie Three Men and a Little Lady. Reportedly, the song was inspired by an actual falling star that Merrill and Rubicam had seen at one of Whitney Houston's concerts at the Greek Theatre. The duo submitted the song to Houston for consideration on her next album, but her producer at the time, Clive Davis, rejected it. The song was also recorded by Belinda Carlisle for her 1987 release Heaven on Earth at the insistence of her label. But Carlisle disliked the song, and she ultimately refused to include it on the album, though it has circulated in her trading circles for years on a disc of that album's outtakes.Boy Meets Girl's follow-up single "Bring Down the Moon" peaked at No. 49 on the Billboard Hot 100 (and No. 28 Adult Contemporary).Reel Life contained both singles and spent several weeks at No. 50 in the United States[3] and peaked at No. 74 in the United Kingdom.Boy Meets Girl's third album, New Dream, was scheduled for release in 1990, but RCA Records shelved it during a label reorganization. It was finally released through the band's own website in 2004.In the early 2000s decade, the couple, who had married during the 1980s, divorced, but continued their musical collaboration. In 2003, they released their fourth album, The Wonderground, on their own label, and arranged for RCA Records to re-release their two RCA albums. Their debut album recorded for A&M Records was also re-released. In the works are new versions of the demonstration tapes they originally recorded for Whitney Houston. The various artists album Number One With a Bullet also contains their original demo tape for "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)".In 2005, "Waiting for a Star to Fall" was involved in a "sample battle". Two electronic music groups, Cabin Crew and Sunset Strippers, wanted to sample the song and remix it. Sunset Strippers, from the UK, won the right for the samples from the band's record label, releasing "Falling Stars". However, Cabin Crew, from Australia, had met Boy Meets Girl, and vocalist George Merrill re-recorded the vocals for the remixed song, entitled "Star To Fall" or "Star2Fall". A year earlier, Scottish electronic musician Mylo had also used samples of the song, mixing it with Kim Carnes's cover of "Bette Davis Eyes", for his song entitled "In My Arms".

Album:

BOY MEETS GIRL second album “Reel Life” from the stupendous “AOR CITY 1000 series” by Sony Music Japan, a campaign featuring a low-priced reissue on classic AOR / AC albums from their back catalog (many of them out of print or hard to find). The disc includes two bonus tracks.Formed in the mid-Eighties, Boy Meets Girl is an American duo consisting of husband/wife duo George Merrill (bass, keyboards and more) & singer Shannon Rubicam.They are perhaps best known for their second track on this album, the hit song ‘Waiting for a Star to Fall’, but also for writing two number 1 hits ‘How Will I Know’ and ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)’ performed by Whitney Houston.After years of writing and composing songs for other artists, the duo earned mainstream success in their own right with this 1988 release “Reel Life”. In the United States, ‘Waiting For a Star to Fall’ peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song reached #9 in the UK and was also a top ten Australian hit in April 1989. It was featured in the movie ‘Three Men and a Little Lady’ as well.The music here is US Adult Contemporary rock&pop, however there’s nuch more substance all over the arrangements than your typical affair from this genre.“Reel Life” charm relies on its true-80s production too plenty of over-synthesized instrumentation – something that some people doesn’t like, but Eighties music suckers like me loves so much.Songwriting wise, Boy Meets Girl pushed the right melodic buttons on this, their biggest album. “Bring Down the Moon” and “Stay Forever” are particularly strong, while the hit single, “Waiting for a Star to Fall,” is just a classic: “trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star” — the urgency as it drives toward its chorus is a clinic for durable songwriting.“One Street Dream” and “Is Anybody out There in Love” make good use of Boy Meets Girl’s coed vocal setup, and “No Apologies” gives Rubicam a chance to show off her vocal capability.“Reel Life” rides that line, pairing its feel for songwriting in a very early 80s FM soft rock style to a synthetic 1988’s slickness. For many it may sound over-produced (in my case I love it) but ultimately it’s the quality of the songs that wins out, making “Reel Life” one of the better lite rock entries of the era.As bonus tracks we have the complete single ‘Bring Down The Moon’ (Single Version) and its B-side, ‘One Day’, for the first time available on CD.A true ’80s flashback with a supreme quality audio.

Line Up:

Vocals: Shannon Rubicam
Vocals, Bass, Synths, Programming: George Merrill
Guitars: John Goux, John Morton
Bass: Leon Gaer, Kerry Hatch, Kevin McCormick
Drums: Denny Fongheiser, Michael Jochum
Percussion: Michael Jochum
Guest Vocals: Joe Turano (track 6)
Backing Vocals: Susan Boyd

Tracklist:

01 – Bring Down the Moon
02 – Waiting for a Star to Fall
03 – Stormy Love
04 – Is Anybody Out There In Love
05 – Stay Forever
06 – If You Run
07 – One Sweet Dream
08 – No Apologies
09 – Restless Dreamer
10 – Someone’s Got to Send Out Love
11 – Bring Down the Moon (Single Version) (Bonus Track)
12 – One Day [B-side] (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Waiting for a Star to Fall" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných