No Sinner - Old Habits Die Hard (Deluxe Edition) (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Nov 2018, 09:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016 (Deluxe Edition)
Style : Classic Rock , Blues Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

No Sinner’s “Boo Hoo Hoo” was a classic debut album experience from Vancouver’s powerhouse frontwoman Colleen Rennison. The sound of a young singer’s first foray into the rock’n’roll boys club. The result of years spent fronting cover bands with players 10 years her senior, writing with musicians more seasoned and eager to give direction. “Boo Hoo Hoo” was raucous, rowdy and filled with soul and danger. It was the sound of youth careening into the adventure of life with all the screaming tires and heartache yet to come down the road. It was the sound of a wild haired girl riding into the horizon on the back of her boyfriend’s motorcycle.On “Old Habits Die Hard,” Colleen isn’t sitting on the back of the motorcycle anymore. She’s barrelling down the highway, her grip on the throttle, and you better believe you’re going to hear her coming from miles away.There’s a reason behind the acclaim that met No Sinner following their debut release via Mascot Label Group. Classic Rock Magazine called Colleen, “an early contender for ball-breaking warrior princess of 2014″ and Blues & Soul wrote, “No Sinner are a super duper, great big fat, rare gem of a find.” Their teeth-gritted brand of blues and rock brought the young band to showcases at SXSW, European tours, performances on BBC Radio 2 and club shows with Reignwolf, Bass Drum of Death and Monster Truck. Noisey: Music ByVice exclaimed the band “oozes sex appeal.”No Sinner isn’t Colleen’s first experience in the spotlight either. She pursued acting first, landing supporting roles in Sci-Fi shows and major Hollywood films starring such A-listers as Ray Liotta, Michelle Pfeiffer and Bruce Willis. But seizing the spotlight with a microphone never left her mind. It’s why Rennison would hold notes for far too long in music class, why she’d sing in the middle of a soccer field when she was supposed to keep someone from scoring, and why she ended up running away from boarding school and sneaking into open mic nights when she was 15.Now, with all the experiences of the road, tour vans, cheap hotels and a hundred booze stained bars behind them, No Sinner is emerging as a fully realized rock’n’roll band with Colleen fearlessly at the helm.On “Old Habits Die Hard” the band comes howling out of the gates. Screaming harmonica over a churning rhythm section set the pace on the track Leadfoot, as Colleen snarls “You are mine. For the taking.”Colleen isn’t afraid to eschew the stereotypes behind being frontwoman either. “Janis Joplin and Etta James are such an easy comparison,” she explains, “but I’m doing Robert Plant up there too. Its a bit of an androgynous album—a rock ‘n’ roll odyssey through heartbreak and debauchery, good times and bad.”It’s a theme that runs through the album. Blurring the lines between good and evil, man or woman, saint or sinner. No Sinner uses rock’n’roll to pummel through the walls of societal norms. As Colleen explains “I live and breathe rock ‘n’ roll. It’s a disease to want to push the envelope, to be an enemy to yourself at times, to want so much from the world that sometimes you can’t even stand to be in it. I never really felt like I belonged anywhere, and then I found the people that felt like me, that woke up every morning with a hole in their heart that can only be filled by music.”“Old Habits Die Hard” is a more accurate portrayal of where Rennison’s head is at now than the songs on Boo Hoo Hoo. Or as she puts it, “It’s like the difference between your high school grad photo and your first mug shot.”She brings it all home on the track “Saturday Night.” “Tell you once babe, I’ll tell you twice, I’ve got more to give than sugar and spice.”

Album:

"Old Habits Die Hard" is the just released new album from Vancouver-based retro rock outfit NO SINNER. I never heard their debut, but I will soon, as this is a terrific piece of bluesy classic rock album performed with a charm rarely seen.Before the initial listening, No Sinner disorient a bit... check the 70s-like 'satanic' cover and that pervert face behind the woman. A woman which is the band's singer, called Colleen Rennison. Now read Rennison backwards... No Sinner!Is this black metal? haha not at all, this great classic rock stuff plenty of different textures and colors, and very, very good for sure.The opening track 'All Woman' sets the scene for the album, with its huge sounding production and the phenomenal vocal range of Colleen Rennison. One of the standout tracks on the album is 'Leadfoot' a dirty heavy blues rock number infused with scorching harmonica licks and a driving bass line.With songs like this and 'One More Time' the band have pitched themselves into the same space currently occupied by the likes of Rival Sons or The Temperance Movement; good, timeless Classic Rock.The infectious 'Tryin' is loaded with Southern charm and old-school swagger before the frantic, good time rock n’ roll number 'Saturday Night' comes steaming out the blocks encouraging you to let your hair down.Rennison transports you to a smoky piano bar with the soulful 'Hollow', not a ballad as such, but a beautiful, soulful tale of heartache, that has an emotional vocal performance. The Joplin comparisons come in when she unleashes a scream or two, but during tracks like ‘Lines On The Highway’, the comparisons are perhaps more of one of the most respected female singers ever, Carole King.The album ends with a groove-monster called 'Mandy Lyn' driven by a heavy bluesy riff, even the lead vocals feel heavy and dense. Great hard rocking closer, but wait, there's more on this Deluxe Edition.As bonus tracks we have the fun, ridiculously catchy 'Wait' complete with cowbell and a contagious chorus, 'I Know It's A Sin' is a memorable whiskey-soaked / barroom slow burner, then 'Slippin' is just another dynamic classic rock rough diamond.Placed by marketers in the retro-rock wagon, on "Old Habits Die Hard" No Sinner are much more than that: their style is edgier, harder, classic rock-inspired.There's strong guitar riffs, the solos sizzle, whereas the rhythm section is sublime and comes crashing out of the speakers onto your lap. And that voice, Rennison steals the show with a terrific, soulful performance.This is a joyous album, which no doubt is the end result of countless miles through North America, hitting the dives night after night, corrupting the minds of anyone savvy enough to buy a ticket. Chances of it landing in many albums of the year polls? The bookies have stopped taking bets on that...

Line Up:

Colleen Rennison - vocals
Eric Campbell - guitar, backup vocals
Ian Browne - drums
B. Ferguson, P. Bossley. Camirand - bass
Nathan Shubert - piano
D. Heming - organ
K. Tang, L. Raymond, M. Pratt - horns

Tracklist:

01 - All Woman
02 - Leadfoot
03 - Tryin
04 - Saturday Night
05 - Hollow
06 - Get It Up
07 - Friend Of Mine
08 - Fading Away
09 - When The Bell Rings
10 - Lines On The Highway
11 - One More Time
12 - Mandy Lyn
13 - Wait (Bonus Track)
14 - I Know It's A Sin (Bonus Track)
15 - Slippin' (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných