Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In (1986) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2015)

hudební novinky 2015 / music news 2015
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In (1986) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2015)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jan 2021, 18:16

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered 2015)
Style : Glam Metal , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Poison is an American glam metal band that achieved great commercial success in the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s. Poison has sold over 45 million records worldwide and have sold 15 million records in the United States alone.The band has also charted ten singles to the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100, including six Top 10 singles and the Hot 100 number-one, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn".The band became icons of the 1980s MTV era and have had widespread commercial success. The band's breakthrough debut album, the multi-platinum Look What the Cat Dragged In, was released in 1986 and they hit their peak with the second album, Open Up and Say... Ahh!, which became the band's most successful album, being certified 5x platinum in the US. The popularity continued into the new decade with their third consecutive multi-platinum selling album, Flesh & Blood.In the 1990s following the release of the band's first live album, Swallow This Live, the band experienced some line up changes and the fall of Pop Metal with the grunge movement, but despite a drop in popularity the band's fourth studio album, Native Tongue, still achieved Gold status and the band's first compilation album, Poison's Greatest Hits: 1986–1996, went double platinum.In the 2000s, with the original line up back together, the band found new popularity after a successful greatest hits reunion tour in 1999. The band began the new decade with the release of the long awaited Crack a Smile... and More!, followed by the Power to the People album. The band toured almost every year to sold out stadiums and arenas. They released a brand new album,hollyweird, in 2002 and in 2006 the band celebrated their 20 year anniversary with The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock tour and album, which was certified Gold and marked Poison's return to the Billboard top 20 charts for the first time since 1993. Band members have released several solo albums and starred in successful reality TV shows. After 25 years, the band is still recording music and performing.Since their debut in 1986, they have released seven studio albums, four live albums, five compilation albums, and have issued 28 singles to radio.On March 1, Poison announced a 2011 Summer tour with Mötley Crüe and New York Dolls to celebrate Poison's 25th anniversary and Mötley Crüe's 30th Anniversary named the Glam-A-Geddon.Also for Poison's 25th Anniversary, 35 of the multi-platinum band's top hits and fan favorites have been gathered for "Poison - Double Dose: Ultimate Hits", a new career-spanning 2CD and digital collection to be released May 3, 2011 by Capitol/EMI.In 2012 Poison will once again tour with Def Leppard for the Rock of Ages Tour & joining them will be Lita Ford. Bret Michaels will also continue his "Get Your Rock On" solo tour (named after his latest single) to promote his newest upcoming solo album. "Jammin' with Friends" was released June 25, 2013 and charted at #13 on the Top Hard Rock Albums, #23 on the Top Independent Albums, #29 on the Top Rock Albums and #80 on The Billboard 200

Album:

A couple months ago we presented here the first batch of Universal Records Japan reissue campaign of various '80s Rock artists / albums from their back catalog on high quality SHM-CD, all remastered, with bonus tracks and with an affordable, reduced price.Among these artists is POISON, and their rutilant major debut "Look What The Cat Dragged In".When you look at the first Poison album you are immediately reminded of MTV at their peak and quickly remember just how flashy the Hard Rock genre had become.The year was 1986 and bands like Poison gave rise to what became labeled the 'Hair Metal' decade. This aspect of big hair rock and roll would be par for the course for many of the bands from the Los Angeles area.Poison was an MTV poster child and had five songs from this album in heavy rotation on the network. Their wild 'Glam' look and cartoon character antics made for some truly memorable videos.Singer Bret Michaels, guitarist C.C. DeVille, drummer Rikki Rocket and bassist Bobby Dall surely seemed to have the world in their grasp and almost single handedly increased the level of female interest in the Hard Rock genre.The formula on the album was simple and straight forward, it was about Rocking and it was about girls. Songs like "Talk Dirty To Me" and "I Want Action" played upon the bands not so subtle sexual innuendos and seemed to pave their way.Ballads like "I Wont Forget You" would show the band had a softer side and while this number was really good (with some AOR in it) it would not have the impact on the charts like the forthcoming power ballad Every Rose Has Its Thorn from their next album.Like old KISS or AC/DC and at the time Journey or Survivor, early Poison had a catchiness to it that made the chorus parts very easy to remember. You could not go to a Rock crowd filled bar back in the day without hearing them blasting from every jukebox.One of my personal favorites was always "Cry Tough" since it seemed to cite the necessary drive that made up every hard working musician of the day.This Japanese edition on SHM-CD sounds excellent with its bright remastering and an increased bass deep end. You also 3 bonus tracks including the single remixes of "I Want Action" and "I Won't Forget You" (I was looking for the latter for many years) and the recording of "Don't Mess Around With Jim" where Poison did a nice job from the original Jim Croce song.If you own the old vinyl or the flat original CD edition, then perhaps it's time you pass it along to some younger Rock fans to show them a particular point in time and then treat yourself to this remastered edition.

Line Up:

Bret Michaels – vocals, guitar, keyboards
C.C. DeVille – guitars
Rikki Rockett – drums
Bobby Dall – bass guitar

Tracklist:

01. Cry Tough
02. I Want Action
03. I Won't Forget You
04. Play Dirty
05. Look What The Cat Dragged In
06. Talk Dirty To Me
07. Want Some, Need Some
08. Blame It On You
09. #1 Bad Boy
10. Let Me Go To The Show
11. I Want Action (7' Single Remix) (Bonus Track)
12. I Won't Forget You (7' Single Remix) (Bonus Track)
13. Don't Mess Around With Jim (Demo) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Talk Dirty To Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných