Wardrum - Messenger (2013) (Japan Edition 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Jan 2021, 10:54

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013 (Japan Edition 2014)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 167 mb

Bio:

Wardrum is a heavy / power metal band based in Greece, formed in the summer of 2010.They were formed in Thessaloniki, Greece, by drummer Stergios Kourou, along with guitarist Kosta Vreto and bass player Kostas Scandalis (all 3 of them members of progsters Horizon’s End). Wardrum were originally fronted by Uli Jon Roth’s Italian singer Piero Leporale, while front-man Yannis Papadopoulos joined them as lead vocalist in the early 2012. Their debut album “Spadework” was released by Steel Gallery Records on the 20th of April 2011 and the band was directly rated as one of the most promising bands in Greece. The Spadework Line-Up did a live performance only once, opening for Crimson Glory’s show in Thessaloniki on 22/10/2011. In February 2012 the band parted ways with Leporale and found a local singer, in order to be more flexible and work easier. Yannis Papadopoulos took over the band’s front-man position and they immediately recorded “Desolation” which was released on 25/04/2012. On October–December of the same year the band toured all over Greece to support the new album and managed to create a solid core of fans who have shown their support by voting the band in the Metal Hammer magazine’s annual polls as the fourth best Greek band.

Album:

OK! This came out of nowhere. It was the first album I listened to from this terrific power / heavy band and it absolutely blew me off. Where have these guys been hiding all this time? How often can someone listen to an album containing 14 songs without even one filler?Giannis Papadopoulos is, for sure, one of the best, if not the best, metal singers of his time. His powerful voice can reach the sky without losing a single note. He offers passionate renditions, expressing successfully the feeling of the lyrics, colours uniquely the songs and takes them to another level. I feel , with total sense of what I'm writing, is that he is Rob Halford of his generation. Then, there is guitarist Kosta Vreto. Enormous riffs and incredible leads, that make you want to do air-guitaring, even in your sleep. It is even more exciting that he plays without a pick. He uses only his fingers. At last, there is the skillful rhythm section of Kostas Scandalis (bass) and Stergios Kourou (drums). Especially Kourou, thanks to his unparalleled technique, offers marvelous drumming that serves the songs, without showing off, though he could have done so easily.Kourou is also responsible for most of the songwriting, along with Vreto. They follow a certain pattern in most songs,which is verse-(pre-chorus)-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus. Durations do not go over 5 minutes with the exception of the metal hymn "Lady Jane Grey". Catchy (and I mean this as an advantage) riffing and sing-along choruses are Wardrum's trademarks. Lyrics, written exclusively by Kourou, coming from his own personal experience I assume, refer, mostly, to relationships that have ended and how someone must fight to fulfill his / her dreams against all difficulties, despite the obstacles that stand in the way. Scandalis, apart from being a great bass player, has done excellent work in producing, mixing and mastering the album. He has managed to bring out all the advantages of his bandmates - and there are plenty of them. All the organs are heard loud and clear, as well as the wonderful voice of Papadopoulos.In conclusion , Wardrum created a heavy metal album that does not stop to surprise, even when you reach the last song, and leaves you with a great silly smile on your face. If I have to distinguish some songs, I would have to say "Lady Jane Grey", "After Forever" ,"Travel Far Away", "The Messenger", "Red Ruby Heart", "Broken" , "Vengeance" and "Rebirth", but still I feel I'm being unfair. This is a true masterpiece, a jewel for every music collection.

Line-Up:

Yannis Papadopoulos - Vocals - See also: Beast In Black, ex-Crosswind, ex-Until Rain, ex-Qantice (live)
Kostas Scandalis - Bass - See also: Horizon's End, ex-Final Answer, ex-Mindloss
Kosta Vreto - Guitars - See also: Jaded Star, Kosta Vreto, Horizon's End
Stergios Kourou - Drums - See also: Kosta Vreto, Horizon's End, ex-Escape, ex-Jaded Star (live), ex-Death from Above, ex-Redrum

Tracklist:

01. Shelter
02. The Messenger
03. Lady Jane Grey
04. Phoenix
05. After Forever
06. Looking Back
07. Travel Far Away
08. Oceans
09. Red Ruby Heart
10. Deceiver
11. Broken
12. Vengeance
13. Rebirth
14. Four Seasons
15. Circle Of Hate (bonus' 2014) (Japan Bonus Track)
16. In Dependence (bonus' 2014) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "The Messenger" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 23 neregistrovaných