Steve Perry - Street Talk (1984) (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Remastered Edition 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Aug 2020, 09:26

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Remastered Edition 2014)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Stephen Ray Perry (born January 22, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known as the lead singer of the rock band Journey during their most commercially successful periods from 1977 to 1987, and again from 1995 to 1998. Perry had a successful solo career between the mid-1980s and mid-1990s. After a nearly twenty-year hiatus, Perry announced his return to music in 2018.Perry's singing voice has garnered acclaim from prominent musical peers and publications; he has been called "The Voice", a moniker originally coined by friend and former chart peer Jon Bon Jovi.He was ranked no. 76 on Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Singers of All Time", and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Journey on April 7, 2017.Original Journey organizer/manager Walter "Herbie" Herbert had been given a demo of an Alien Project song, "If You Need Me, Call Me", and was told by producer Scott Mathews that the young singer would be a great replacement for then current frontman Robert Fleischman. Fleischman had never signed with Herbert's company, preferring his previous manager and he had not fully coalesced with the band's then progressive rock style. Perry was brought on tour and to avoid alarming Fleischman, Perry was clandestinely included as roadie "John Villanueva's Portuguese cousin" and on the tour during a sound check in Long Beach surreptitiously performed a song with Journey while Fleischman was away from the stage, and after that Herbert informed the band members of the lineup change.Perry brought a radically new, more pop-influenced style sense to the band's music, despite some grumblings from his new bandmates and fans of Journey's former progressive rock sound. He made his public debut on October 28, 1977 in San Francisco to a mixed reception. Perry eventually won over new fans on his first album with the group, Infinity, which included a song he wrote called "Lights." The band's style had changed dramatically, but as Journey began to garner radio airplay and media buzz over Infinity, Perry's arrival was fully accepted.Perry provided lead vocals on nine of Journey's albums: Infinity (1978), Evolution (1979), Departure (1980), Dream, After Dream (1980, a Japanese movie soundtrack), Captured (1980, a live album), Escape (1981, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart), Frontiers (1983), Raised on Radio (1986), and Trial By Fire (1996). The single "Open Arms" from Escape was their biggest hit single, charting at No. 2 for six weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. Perry had become the unmistakable voice of Journey.During his Journey tenure, Perry also sang backing vocals on several Sammy Hagar songs, including the 1980 tracks "The Iceman" (a nickname Hagar had for Scott Mathews) and "Run For Your Life", and duetting with Kenny Loggins on the 1982 No. 17 hit single "Don't Fight It". Perry also worked with other musicians including Sheena Easton, Clannad, and Jon Bon Jovi during the height of his career. A 1983 Gallup poll of people between the ages of 13 and 25 voted Journey their favorite rock band.In 1984, following the release of Frontiers and the tour supporting this effort, Perry released his first solo album, Street Talk (the album's title was derived from the original name of Perry's earlier band Alien Project). The record sold more than 2 million units, scoring the hit singles No. 3 "Oh Sherrie", written for his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford, and No. 18 "Foolish Heart". The music video for "Oh Sherrie" saw heavy rotation on MTV. "She's Mine" and "Strung Out" were also released as singles from this project, which featured former Alien Project drummer Craig Krampf on a few tracks, guitarist Michael Landau, and future American Idol judge Randy Jackson on bass, among others.In 1985, Perry was one of 21 singers in the USA for Africa all-star benefit song "We Are the World". He also recorded a song, "If Only For the Moment, Girl" for the We Are the World album. This song was added to the reissue of his album Street Talk. Also during this period Perry worked with the Irish folk-rock group Clannad on their 1987 album Sirius.While Perry was reuniting with Journey, his mother became ill. The recording of Raised on Radio, which Perry was producing, was stop-and-go as he frequently returned to the San Joaquin Valley to visit his mother, who died during the production of the album. It took a major toll on Journey to have intermittent recording sessions and a vocalist who was not with the band much of the time. Eventually, Perry became exhausted from the ordeal. Journey then disbanded in 1987 after the Raised on Radio tour.In 1988, Perry began to work on another solo album, Against the Wall, which he ultimately left unfinished (though several of the songs that were recorded for Against the Wall would appear on Perry's 1998 solo compilation, Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased). A year later, on April 30, 1989, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, in Mountain View, California, Perry joined Bon Jovi to perform Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home to Me" and the Four Tops' "Reach Out". He would also reunite with Journey at the Bill Graham tribute concert, "Laughter, Love and Music" on November 3, 1991, at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, performing "Faithfully" and "Lights". Other than those three events, however, Perry mostly disappeared from the public eye for seven years, taking a break from the music industry.

Album:

It's official; the great STEVE PERRY is back. The vocalist announced yesterday via newly created Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts the message: "I know it's been a long time comin'."Perry will return with a studio album titled 'Traces' on Oct. 5, according to a new Amazon listing / pre order. This would be the former Journey singer's first new solo project since 1994's For the Love of Strange Medicine.Let's celebrate it with his very good solo albums, remastered with bonus tracks. Here's the first, "Street Talk", in its Japanese Blu-spec CD2 format.After the back-to-back-to-back Top 10 triumphs of 1980's 'Departure,' 1981's 'Escape,' and 1983's 'Frontiers,' the members of Journey were on top of the world -- and ready to experiment with solo projects. The most high-profile hit of the bunch was "Street Talk", released by singer Steve Perry in April of 1984."Street Talk" ended up being like his first album in more ways than one -- it also found him reuniting with a member of Alien Project, his pre-Journey band in the '70s. With different personnel, naturally, came a different sound -- and with Krampf on board, Perry returned organically to his musical roots.Perry's first solo effort was definitely something quite different and much more rock/pop-oriented than his previous works with Journey, however Steve’s voice is so soulful and magical that at one point you don’t really care about the music.Just like Jimi Jamison from Survivor sings on their album “Vital Signs” – “it’s the singer, not the song”.The record's quick birth stood in stark contrast to the painstaking process of finishing Journey's albums, but those fast-paced sessions didn't hurt "Street Talk" on the charts, where it quickly went platinum and spun off the Top Five hit 'Oh Sherrie' along with three more Top 40 singles: 'Foolish Heart,' 'She's Mine,' and 'Strung Out.'Perry hits hard right from the beginning – the second you hear those warm synthesizer chords and him pouring his soul out with “You should’ve been gone, knowing how I made you feel”, you can’t but be hooked. The explosive hurricane, titled “Oh Sherrie” is by far his greatest success – the track reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on Billboard’s Rock chart. It highlights Steve’s vocal power like no other song, it’s catchy, lyrically-pleasing and on top of that there’s a personal story there – as we all know “Oh Sherrie” was written for his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford.The strength of the single somehow overshadowed the rest of the album, which in my personal opinion contains a lot of uplifting rockers and beautiful soulful tunes.For instance, the gentle “Foolish Heart” which peaked at #18 on the charts, perfectly represents the vocal and music quality of the album. My personal favorite “She’s Mine” is another romantic, mid-tempo rocker, featuring a lot of screaming soul from Steve.“You Should be Happy” is another personal treasure-track from the record – the lyrics are wonderful and there’s a special vibe coming out of this song.Obviously, Steve had a lot of fun writing, recording and producing this album. I could feel how important it was for him to do and try “his own thing”, separately from Journey. He literally put his heart and soul into the making of "Street Talk".We all know he can definitely hit a note or two, however with this album he also proved that The Voice himself can write timeless songs and produce with skill.This remastered reissue includes 5 juicy bonus tracks, and the Blu-spec CD2 sounds fantastic.

Line Up:

Steve Perry - vocals (Ex-Journey)
Michael Landau, Waddy Wachtel, Craig Hull, Billy Steele - guitar
Craig Krampf, Larrie Londin - drums, percussion
Randy Goodrum - drum programming
Steve Douglas - saxophone
Bob Glaub, Chuck Domanico, Kevin McCormick, Bryan Garofalo - bass
Bill Cuomo, Randy Goodrum - keyboards, piano
Steve Goldstein, Sterling Smith, Duane Hitchings, Robert Greenridge - keyboards

Tracks 11 - 13 are Alien Project demo recordings
Track 14 is the b-side to Oh Sherrie
Track 15 is from the USA for Africa album "We Are the World"

Tracklist:

01. Oh Sherrie
02. I Believe
03. Go Away
04. Foolish Heart
05. It's Only Love
06. She's Mine
07. You Should Be Happy
08. Running Alone
09. Captured By the Moment
10. Strung Out
11. My My My (Bonus Track)
12. Harmony (Bonus Track)
13. Makes No Difference (Bonus Track)
14. Don't Tell Me Why You're Leavin' (Bonus Track)
15. If Only For The Moment (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Foolish Heart" (Official Video)
+ Video "Strung Out" (Official Video)
+ Video "Oh Sherrie" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných