Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Heavatar (GER)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Apr 2021, 15:17

Heavatar - Opus I - All My Kingdoms (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 147 mb

Bio:

HEAVATAR is a classical inspired, German Power Metal project founded by Van Canto Mastermind Stefan Schmidt.Heavatar, the classical inspired metal band revolving around VAN CANTO mastermind Stefan Schmidt (vocals, guitar), drummer Jörg Michael (former Stratovarius), Sebastian Scharf (lead guitars), Daniel Wicke (bass)… and some of the greatest classical composers of all time are releasing their sophomore album „Opus II – The Annihilation“ on February 16th, 2018 on earMUSIC.Unlike other classic-meets-metal projects, the purpose of Heavatar is not in just adapting classical compositions to new instrumentations. It is not writing a metal song and having some orchestra playing along. Heavatar’s music is an answer to the question “What would it sound like, if Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and friends joined a metal band?”. The classical composer’s impact ranges from a single melody to a riff, a song structure, a harmony or even a lyrical inspiration – always picked up and thrown back by the band members, creating a unique, riff-oriented sound with some classical feel underneath. Puccini is spending some chords on the thrashy opener „None Shall Sleep“, Chopin adds some piano-based shuffle feel on “Hijacked By Unicorns” and Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Boellmann and Vivaldi are adding their style and ideas to other songs on „The Annihilation“.Standing out as a true gem of the genre and beyond, the new album displays exciting guitar riffs, a great sense for storytelling, diversified yet catchy melodies and high velocity.If „Opus I – All My Kingdoms“ was a stepping stone into the unexpected waters of classic inspired power metal, „Opus II – The Annihilation“ is a cliff-dive into the same water that bravely challenges the very barriers and possibilities of it.„Opus II – The Annihilation“ is going to be released on February 16th, 2018 on earMUSIC as CD and Digital.

Album:

Heavatar, a band comprised of quite literally the “Who’s Who” of power metal, released their first album, Opus I: All My Kingdoms through Napalm Records last month. If you don’t believe me, a glimpse into the line-up will change your mind. The band is fronted by Stefan Schmidt best known for his work as the lead vocalist in the a capella group Van Canto. On guitar is Sebastian Scharf, with Jorg Michael on drums. To even begin listing the bands Michael’s has worked with, would take up a paragraph on its own. Playing bass is David Vogt, who has requested to keep his more well-known “character” separate from this act, the power-metal faithful’s should know who I speak of. Also noteworthy, some of the choir arrangements provided on the release are brought to you by Olaf Seinkbeil, best known for his work with Blind Guardian, Freedom Call, and Helloween. Not enough power metal for you yet? Let’s move on to the music then shall we.I can’t help but hear Van Canto in the back of my mind with Schmidt’s voice pumping through the speakers. It is great to feel the stronger presence of a full band behind him. Throughout the record, the guitar work has an eerie echo to it, but it’s perfectly arranged and the movement of the riffs behind the verses and choruses are spot on. Scharf is an extremely talented neo-classical lead guitarist, as each solo and accompaniment is miles above those produced by any average band. The drum work is refreshingly different, straying away from the typical gallop we hear in power metal, and focusing on more cymbal work and intricate fills, it makes the album feel quite heavy. The bass rides along well with the drums; the tone is audible, though I do wish that the bass was more prominent in the mixing. The choir arrangements are beautiful and really are the cherry on top to this fabulous release.“Replica” kicks the album off, with a heavenly vocal presence falling into quite the catchy opener. Similar to Van Canto’s “Quest for Roar” the chorus has a wonderful “chant-along” presence, providing us with that typical euro-power metal sound. These total epic neo-classical movements mixed with absolutely no orchestral instruments or keyboards, is all brought to you by impressive layered vocal work. Truly a sound never heard before and worthy of some true praise and listens. “All My Kingdoms” packs another vocal punch, all the while never sacrificing that true heavy crunch that power metal fans crave. The choir work, again, is strong and high in the stratosphere. Bringing orchestrated sounds into the album, appearing as more of a more ballad like song is, “The Look Above” which features beautiful classical pieces combined with Schmidt’s soothing voice cooing along. The song of course picks up, introducing the guitars and drums abruptly, with soaring choirs soon to follow.Surely to please any power metal fan with its intricate, neo-classical solos, deep and meaningful lyrics, or the layered vocal choir arrangements, this album has something for everyone. For the non-power fans, this album could get slightly repetitive, but don’t lose faith. This is one strong release worthy of a listen. The musicianship that went into writing and arranging these songs are high above average. I dare any band out there to try and top it. So far, Opus I: All My Kingdoms wins this year’s award for originality and best arrangements, especially for the last track “To the Metal”. Clearly an album for us, by us! Power metal fans rejoice!

Line Up:

Charles Greywolf - Bass (2012-present) - See also: Flowing Tears, Powerwolf, Red Aim
Jörg Michael - Drums (2012-present) - See also: Headhunter, ex-House of Spirits, ex-Surgeon, ex-Living Death, ex-Avenger, Devil's Train, ex-Axel Rudi Pell, ex-Beto Vazquez Infinity, ex-Grave Digger, ex-Kaledon, ex-Mekong Delta, ex-Onkel Tom Angelripper, ex-Rage, ex-Running Wild, ex-Saxon, ex-Soulslide, ex-Stratovarius, ex-Unleashed Power, ex-Glenmore
Sebastian Scharf - Guitars (lead) (2012-present) - See also: Punish My Heaven (live), ex-Fading Starlight
Stefan Schmidt - Guitars (rhythm), Vocals (lead) (2012-present) - See also: Van Canto, ex-Jester's Funeral, ex-Fading Starlight

Tracklist:

01. Replica 04:38
02. Abracadabra 03:35
03. All My Kingdoms 04:10
04. Elysium At Dawn 04:20
05. Long Way Home 05:35
06. Born to fly 04:19
07. Luna! Luna! 04:56
08. The Look Above 11:04
09. To the Metal 04:53

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Heavatar (GER)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Apr 2021, 15:18

Heavatar - Opus II - The Annihilation (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 156 mb

Bio:

HEAVATAR is a classical inspired, German Power Metal project founded by Van Canto Mastermind Stefan Schmidt.Heavatar, the classical inspired metal band revolving around VAN CANTO mastermind Stefan Schmidt (vocals, guitar), drummer Jörg Michael (former Stratovarius), Sebastian Scharf (lead guitars), Daniel Wicke (bass)… and some of the greatest classical composers of all time are releasing their sophomore album „Opus II – The Annihilation“ on February 16th, 2018 on earMUSIC.Unlike other classic-meets-metal projects, the purpose of Heavatar is not in just adapting classical compositions to new instrumentations. It is not writing a metal song and having some orchestra playing along. Heavatar’s music is an answer to the question “What would it sound like, if Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and friends joined a metal band?”. The classical composer’s impact ranges from a single melody to a riff, a song structure, a harmony or even a lyrical inspiration – always picked up and thrown back by the band members, creating a unique, riff-oriented sound with some classical feel underneath. Puccini is spending some chords on the thrashy opener „None Shall Sleep“, Chopin adds some piano-based shuffle feel on “Hijacked By Unicorns” and Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Boellmann and Vivaldi are adding their style and ideas to other songs on „The Annihilation“.Standing out as a true gem of the genre and beyond, the new album displays exciting guitar riffs, a great sense for storytelling, diversified yet catchy melodies and high velocity.If „Opus I – All My Kingdoms“ was a stepping stone into the unexpected waters of classic inspired power metal, „Opus II – The Annihilation“ is a cliff-dive into the same water that bravely challenges the very barriers and possibilities of it.„Opus II – The Annihilation“ is going to be released on February 16th, 2018 on earMUSIC as CD and Digital.

Album:

Usually going into a new year, I have a pretty good idea of what bands will be in contention for my album of the year, but it seems every few years I’m thrown a curve ball and a band I would have never even thought of comes out and completely blows me away, leaving more anticipated albums far behind them. Obviously, it’s way too early in the year to tell if that’s how things will work out in 2018, but going into the year if anyone were to have told me that after a month my top album for the year would come from German power metal band Heavatar, I likely would have shook my head and said “not in a million years”, but somehow that’s exactly what happened. Heavatar was formed in 2012 by Stefan Schmidt, the mastermind behind a capella metal band Van Canto, who I happen to be quite a big fan of, so naturally when I heard one of their members was starting a new band, with a full metal sound, as well as some added classical music influence, I was excited. For whatever reason, though, Opus I: All My Kingdoms never really grabbed me, aside from a couple standout tracks, and I quickly forgot about the band. They’re now set to release Opus II: The Annihilation, an album which wasn’t even on my radar just a few weeks ago, and yet surprisingly enough it completely blew me away on my first listen, and has only grown on me more ever since, emerging as an early year favorite to possibly end up as my 2018 album of the year.Stylistically, not much has changed on this album, as the band still plays an aggressive, guitar-driven brand of power metal, with a ton of classical melodies thrown in for extra flavor. As with Opus I, there are plenty of sections which clearly take classical pieces and create metal versions of them, with the likes of Puccini, Chopin, and Beethoven being cited as influences for some of the tracks. Sometimes these classical pieces are easy to recognize, such as on the title track and “Into Doom”, while on other tracks the classical influence is a lot more subtle, but it’s definitely there throughout the album. Honestly, it’s tough for me to pin down exactly why this album works for me in ways the debut didn’t, but I guess what it comes down to is more consistent, at times more adventurous songwriting, and the fact that the music constantly strikes a perfect balance, both between heaviness and melody, and also between being blazing fast at times, and slowing down to a more relaxing pace at other times. Many tracks go through tempo changes, especially during the four-part suite that closes the album, and I find overall the songs deliver everything I could ask for as a power metal fan, offering some awesome guitar riffs throughout, as well as big choruses on every track, huge, epic vocal melodies, plenty of great solos, which are often the points where the classical influence comes in, as well as a ton of other surprises. There simply isn’t a single dull moment on the entire album, where I found the debut to be very inconsistent. Obviously, the production is top notch, and the musicianship is great, with excellent guitar work from Stefan Schmidt and Sebastian Scharf, while former Stratovarius drummer Jörg Michael is explosive and exciting as always.For some reason, I didn’t like Stefan’s vocals too much when I first listened to Opus I, but his voice has grown me a lot since then, and he has certainly delivered a strong performance on this album. He has a very deep and powerful voice that fits the music well, especially during the heavier sections and he can be very intense and animated at times, sometimes coming pretty close to using death growls, and his vocals add extra intensity to some already energetic and heavy tracks. Obviously, coming from an a capella band, he’s a great singer all around, though, so he can also sing very smoothly during calmer sections, which there are a ton of, especially in the second half of the album.My biggest area of contention with Opus I was the songwriting, but thankfully this time around the band has delivered nothing but excellent music from start to finish. There’s nothing that clearly sticks out in a bad way like the acoustic “To the Metal”, and there are certainly many tracks that surpass even the best track on that album, the 11-minute epic “The Look Above”. Starting things off is “None Shall Sleep”, an absolutely stunning opening track that immediately had me collecting my jaw off the floor the first time I heard it. It opens with a brief keyboard section, before quickly giving way to some pummeling riffs that lead the way through the verses, which move by at a breakneck pace and bring a ton of energy, and then the chorus appears and is equal parts catchy, melodic, epic and just plain awesome. The best part, though, comes in the second half, with an excellent and very melodic guitar solo followed up by a classically influenced vocal section that is simply stunning and lifts the track to all new heights. All in all, this track is easily the best power metal track I’ve heard so far in 2018, and I won’t be surprised if it goes down as my favorite even at the end of the year, as it not only delivers everything I want from the genre, but it goes the extra mile with that one choral section to completely blow me away.While that opening track is tough to match, the rest of the album certainly leaves nothing behind. Next is “Into Doom”, another fast-paced track, which has more of a classic power metal sound, compared to the somewhat thrashy riffs of the opener. It’s certainly still a heavy hitter, though, and it again has some huge classically influenced melodies throughout, as well as a blazing fast and super addictive chorus. Stefan changes things up during the verses with a soft and extra deep delivery, which works great. The big classical melody of the track comes in during the solo section in the middle and is both very obvious and quite awesome. After that is “Purpose of a Virgin Mind”, one of the tracks where I don’t notice the classical influence as obviously, but it’s certainly still an awesome track. It’s another up-tempo track, though slightly slower than the first two, with slow, but hard hitting verses with some great riffs, though it has some nice melodic leads, as well as one of the biggest and most melodic choruses on the album.The first slower track of the album is the hilariously named “Hijacked by Unicorns”, which has some great lead riffs and some fun vocals during the verses, but it’s the chorus where the song really picks up, as the vocal melodies are excellent, the tune is super catchy and the lyrics are every bit as amusing as the name would suggest. It’s another track where the classical influences are quite easy to spot, coming in during the solo section later on, and it’s quite the fun track overall. After that is the title track, where the opening has a classical reference that is just as obvious as the one on “Replica” from Opus I, and it’s another heavy hitter, moving at a rather slow pace early on before picking up the pace in a big way, leading to an explosive and very epic chorus. Stefan comes very close to death growls later on in the track, and the choral section that follows is amazing, as is the guitar solo after that. The last normal song on the album is “Wake Up Now”, a mid-paced track and yet another heavy hitter, with slow but fun verses, excellent riffs throughout and yet another huge and super catchy chorus. This track changes things up a bit in the middle, with an epic keyboard solo, before the expected guitar solo, which is great as always.After six amazing tracks, the band decided to go extra big for the grand finale, delivering a near 14-minute four-part suite, divided into four separate tracks. There’s a lot of ideas throughout the four tracks, but there’s one chorus that constantly shows up throughout, used in various forms, and it’s a very memorable one. Each part sounds different, though one thing that is constant is the use of symphonic elements, which help make the music even more epic and compared to the rest of the album these tracks are much more melodic and more complex. The opening part “A Broken Taboo” in particular goes through many tempo changes, and is quite the treat, introducing the main chorus in a big way, while also surprising me with some great female vocals, which appear later on, before again appearing briefly on the second part “An Awakening”, which is a more relaxed and melodic track, with some nice folk melodies. It’s definitely the closest the album comes to having a ballad, and it’s a very beautiful track. The most explosive section of the suite is “A Battle Against All Hope”, an epic, super speedy symphonic power metal track, which has some of the heavy riffs found on the first six tracks and it again moves at a breakneck pace and delivers a huge chorus, except this time the epic feeling is enhanced by the symphonic elements. I love all four parts of the suite, but this track is easily my favorite. Lastly, we have “A Look Inside”, which mostly serves as a softer, slower reprise of “A Broken Taboo”, and it’s a very nice ending to the main portion of the album.There are two extra tracks here, the first being a cover of the Manowar classic “Metal Daze”, which is a very faithful recreation of the track, with a much better-sounding production than the original, while still hitting much harder and having more energy to it than Manowar’s own recording from Battle Hymns MMXI. Stefan uses some very over the top falsetto vocals at points, which are very cool, and it’s definitely a fun cover overall. One other bonus is “The Look Inside (Orchestral Version”, which is an instrumental version of the four-part suite, and while I obviously prefer hearing it with vocals, this version is quite good on its own, and it’s nice to have the whole thing on one track, which is perhaps the only thing I would have changed about the main version.Overall, Opus II: The Annihilation is a huge surprise for me, as I didn’t care much for Opus I at all, but somehow Heavatar has really stepped up their game, offering some amazing and aggressive classically influenced power metal songs, which give me everything I could possibly ask for from the genre, while also managing to surprise me several times along the way. Obviously, fans of the band’s debut need to hear this, and I’d highly recommend it to any power metal fan looking for something just a bit different, as well as to any metal fan who wants to hear something with a classical influence, without being overly symphonic or using operatic vocals. A huge surprise, for sure, and while it’s still early in the year, I won’t be surprised if this ends up being one of my top five albums by the end of 2018, if not even my absolute favorite.

Line Up:

Jörg Michael Drums (2012-present) - See also: Headhunter, ex-House of Spirits, ex-Surgeon, ex-Avenger, Devil's Train, ex-Axel Rudi Pell, ex-Grave Digger, ex-Mekong Delta, ex-Rage, ex-Running Wild, ex-Saxon, ex-Soulslide, ex-Stratovarius, ex-Unleashed Power, ex-Glenmore, ex-X-Mas Project, ex-Living Death, ex-Der Riß, ex-Laos (Gudrun Laos)
Sebastian Scharf Guitars (lead) (2012-present) - See also: Punish My Heaven (live), ex-Fading Starlight
Stefan Schmidt Guitars (rhythm), Vocals (lead) (2012-present) - See also: Van Canto, ex-Jester's Funeral, ex-Fading Starlight
Daniel Wicke Bass (2014-present) - See also: ex-Jester's Funeral, In Legend

Tracklist:

01. None Shall Sleep 04:37
02. Into Doom 04:06
03. Purpose of a Virgin Mind 03:51
04. Hijacked by Unicorns 04:03
05. The Annihilation 04:51
06. Wake Up Now 04:49
07. A Broken Taboo 04:45
08. An Awakening 03:32
09. A Battle Against All Hope 03:07
10. A Look Inside 02:46
11. Metal Daze (Manowar cover) 04:36
12. The Look Inside (orchestral) 13:58

+ Video "None Shall Sleep" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných