Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Majestica (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Dec 2019, 11:35

Majestica - Above The Sky (Japan Edition) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

Symphonic Power Metal-band from Sweden.Tommy Johansson is well-known as the guitar player of the Swedish metallers SABATON. But before he joined the Swedish “war machine”, he was already busy playing in his own band named REINXEED, currently completed by bassist Chris David and guitarist Alex Oriz. Of course, his touring activities with SABATON has since slowed down the creative process for REINXEED. The group has now returned - seemingly out of nowhere - with a new 10-track album entitled »Above The Sky« and a brand new name, MAJESTICA. On the new record, Tommy presents not only his guitar skills but also his vocal abilities once again, which he also showcased as TWILIGHT FORCE’s stand-in singer throughout autumn 2017.Tommy states, “It’s been many years since we last released an album, so we decided to ‘start over’ as a new band, MAJESTICA, instead. It’s not only a majestic and epic name for a power metal band from Sweden, it’s also a tribute to the album »Majestic« that we released with REINXEED in 2010. We came up with it and it sounded great, it felt perfect for this kind of music and just feels right.”In regards to their musical direction he adds, “People can expect real power metal in the vein of HELLOWEEN, STRATOVARIUS and GAMMA RAY, but also great symphonic parts with catchy melodies and choruses with a lot of choral arrangements, guitar solos, beautiful inflections and of course - high pitched vocals like Michael Kiske, Timo Kotipelto and Sebastian Bach.”Also perfect for this kind of music is SABATON guitarist Chris Rörland’s (FOLLOW THE CIPHER etc.) cover artwork. “The idea for the artwork mainly came from Chris himself as he listened to the album and got an idea of what it’s all about. Of course, it can’t hide his passion for bands such as STRATOVARIUS, IRON MAIDEN, and TWILIGHT FORCE. The result is nothing less than majestic and really shows how talented Chris is not only as a guitarist but also as an artist,” Tommy adds.Not only their band name has changed, the quartet is also a trio at the moment. But fans don't have to worry: MAJESTICA bagged no less than Uli Kusch (ex-HELLOWEEN) for the drum recordings of their debut album.“It was a huge honour and his drums make this album sound more alive than any album I've ever recorded with any other band before. Since many songs are inspired by HELLOWEEN and GAMMA RAY it just felt right to have his drumming and input on the songs,” closes Tommy.The album was recorded with guitarist Alex Oriz (Soundgarden Studio/Studio Oriz) and Ronny Milianowicz (Studio Seven), who also mixed the record and took care of the production alongside Tommy Johansson (guitars, vocals). Mastering duties were handled by Tony Lindgren (KATATONIA, ANGRA, ENSLAVED etc.) at Fascination Street Studios.

Album:

Now this is what my heart had been waiting for in 2019! I’m not claiming this year to be lacking in decent melodic power metal. Hell, new releases from the likes of Skeletoon, Bloodbound, Beast In Black and Avantasia have all hit the mark in one way or another. But something about the do-over of Tommy Johansson’s brainchild, ReinXeed, just rubs me up the right way. Paying homage to his own 2010 album Majestic, Tommy gave the project an external makeover and rebranded it as Majestica – a more-than-suitable name for an act of this sub-genre. All the building blocks are there, schismless, setting the stage for Johansson to make a celebratory and triumphant return to the fold. Above The Sky does this in style – encapsulating everything we love about European power metal, but topping it off with his own quirky personal flair.If there ever was a declamatory affirmation of triumph in one’s chosen field – it must be the stunning title-track “Above The Sky”; The perfect cut with which to open the album, it utterly explodes out of the speakers with oodles of magic, vibrancy and splendour. Galloping euro-power velocity, bass solos, layers of cheesy keyboards, Tommy’s soaring vocals, an extended middle section… it sums up everything good about the record in a concise 5-minute package. Not to mention this might be the best chorus of 2019. When I first heard that glorious refrain, I nearly crashed my car, such was my delighted physical response. Absolutely stunning. Luckily, the follow-up track, “Rising Tide”, does just the right thing in dropping the tempo slightly but keeping the energy up. Another brilliant chorus, showcasing Tommy’s songwriting ability, and another magnificent solo section. Even after the more concise and synth-laden “The Rat Pack”, with its odd chord sequences, the momentum and joy are sustained.Track 4, “Mötley True”, is where the one true dip on ATS lies. Even though Majestica manage to make self-aware lyrics and humour work quite well (just wait til we cover “Father Time”!), the joke in its title doesn’t really seem to land. It also doesn’t need to be over 8 minutes as the tempo is slightly lumbering compared to the rest of the record. Not a bad track by any means, but a considerable step down from the other cuts here. Luckily, “The Way To Redemption” ramps the urgency and pace back up to full-tilt and boasts brilliant keyboard layering and shred-tastic solos. Majestica channel their inner Beast In Black on the hugely 80s-inspired “Night Call Girl”. This track is so much fun and not for metalheads who can’t smile. “Future Land” may have a derivative opening section with sparkly sugary sweet melodies, but it quickly develops into a pleasing Helloween-esque anthem. Then “The Legend” makes the most of its blaring, shamelessly cheesy synth and head-nodding vibe – which subdues the atmosphere just enough to lull the listener into a false sense of security, before…”Father Time” knocks you on your ass. Oh my god, what even is this track?! It’s a rocketing microcosm of majestic power metal refrains, hilarious lyrics and quirky set-pieces. There’s some bullshit about Santa and his reindeer; a bizarre ode to new year’s eve; pseudo-narration; the weirdest ending to a song since Annihilator’s “Hunter Killer”… and the can-can. I think I lost it at the can-can section. If you hear one song this year, make it this one. The album’s finale, “Alliance Forever”, is also not to be sniffed at – though it revolves primarily around its amazing chorus. Fading out on this soaring refrain was definitely the right choice. Above The Sky is not a boundary-breaker, but it’s a re-establishing of a much-loved name in the power metal community. For anyone tiring of ReinXeed’s output (heathens!), the fresh-out-the-box Majestica have arrived to rekindle the fire of enthusiasm for happy, angelic, melodic power metal in the vein of Freedom Call or Power Quest. Thank you Nuclear Blast, thank you Majestica, and thank you Tommy Johansson – this is exactly what I needed at this point in time.

Line Up:

Tommy ReinXeed - Vocals, Guitars (Charlie Shred, Golden Resurrection, Sabaton, Symphony of Tragedy, ex-Hulex, ex-Megin, ex-TS, Majestica, ex-Heroes of Vallentor, ex-Royal Jester, ex-Twilight Force (live), ex-Majestic Vanguard, ex-Arized)
Alex Ortiz - Guitars
Chris David - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Above The Sky
02. Rising Tide
03. The Rat Pack
04. Mötley True
05. The Way To Redemption
06. Night Call Girl
07. Future Land
08. The Legend
09. Father Time (Where Are You Now)
10. Alliance Forever
11. Future Land (2002) (Bonus Track)
12. Spaceballs (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 20 neregistrovaných