Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Midnight Sun (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Feb 2021, 14:19

Midnight Sun - Another World (Japan Edition) (1997)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1997 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 166 mb

Bio:

Midnight Sun was formed in Summer 1996. Still under the name of Tranquility the group gave a series of club shows all over Sweden and - after changing the band name to Midnight Sun – recorded their debut album, Another World in the ´Roasting House` Studio. The CD was released in in Japan, Sweden and Germany in 1997 and received brilliant reviews in BURRN, Young Guitar, Music Life, etc. Their follow-up work, Above & Beyond was released a year later and showed, with the help of two guest musicians, drummer Hempo Hildén (Dokken, Slash, Glenn Hughes Band) and the brilliant guitarrist John Norum (ex Europe), the band in the style of the heroes of melodic hardrock´s á la Rainbow, Deep Purple and Yngwie Malmsteen. BURRN awarded Above & Beyond 89 from 100 possible marks and this was reflected in other reviews all over the world. For their third album, Nemesis (also awarded 89) Midnight Sun changed the line-up again. In the place of guitarist Chris Palm came the young, talented Magnus Karlsson who had already made a great name for himself for his fabulous playing in numerous other Swedish bands. Karlsson's fancy playing left a permanent mark on Nemesis and often led to comparisons with Malmsteen and even to Iron Maiden.New to the band is singer Jakob Samuel who has replaced shouter Pete Sandberg. "There were no personal problems between Pete and I," Reingold explains. "It was just the right time to go our separate ways. It's a bit like a football team - you have to change the players now and again to stay competitive. Even if such a shake-up means taking a certain risk." After Sandberg left Reingold contacted his old friend, Jakob Samuel who travelled down from Stockholm and who put all doubts aside at the very first rehearsal session together. "He was steaming!", Reingold recalls, still impressed. "His singing just blew us away." Guitarist Magnus Karlsson, who joined the band for the recordings of the last album, Nemesis has become an especially important part of the current Midnight Sun lineup. On Metal Machine, Karlsson can demonstrate all his talent. His precise, rhythmical way of playing and his clever solos prove him to be a brilliant instrumentalist, who enhances Metal Machine as much as he does on his own new Last Tribe album, The Ritual. Completing the current lineup is drummer Jaime Salazar, certainly one of the best and most popular Swedish drummers of the day and also a member of the Scandinavian progrock elite band, The Flowerkings. Majestic Keyboarder, Richard Anderson was invited to play as guest musician and although keyboard parts on Metal Machine are few and far between, Richard can be heard during his brilliant solo in ´Distorted Eyes`. The eleven tracks of the new album were produced by Anders Theo Theander (Majestic, Pain Of Salvation etc.) in the Swedish ´Roasting House` Studios! .

Album:

Aside from the logo being a complete rip-off of Apocalypse Now, this album is too good to be true. Don’t let the cowboy hats and all that other crap fool you, this band is heavy metal at their core. The music here goes from cold and aggressive to warm and mesmerizing, all with a serious grasp on reality between the darkest of desires and the temptations of love. There’s an obvious ‘80s vibe going on, too, which is something that most of these ‘90s bands just ditched for some reason. Most of the songs sound soft and touching, with a lot of synth backing for those ballads.I’d say that the ballads are the best tracks on the album: “Over And Over,” “Looking For Love,” “On ‘N On,” “Power Of Greed,” and “Deep In My Heart.” All of the tracks have ballad qualities, but these ones are strictly of that type. The synth support is one thing that coats the atmosphere delectably while giving that AOR, lovey-dovey feeling. The cover art fantastically depicts this feeling; the open sky above the desert with the dim haze setting in; very ‘80s and romanticized. I should just flat out say that this is a love album, but I’m not sure if that was the band’s exact intention (although the lyrics say otherwise). Aside from being incredibly somber and melodic, the riffs are a different story as they sometimes clobber you senseless. There are some moments that are so heavy that you feel the need to back away from the speakers. However, it usually plays it safe with clean build-ups and as a soft rhythm pacekeeper with the drums.Production is so rich that the bass and drums sound beefy. Everything about the drums is too blissful – a night out on the town with that characterizing echo, deep drum bass, and someone behind it who can keep a steady rhythm. Bass is my favorite next to the harmonious leads; lurking beside the drums with jazzy lines that paint the sky purple and red. The atmosphere is so relaxing, natural, and enchanting that it’s almost too much. As distant as it may be, Another World comes off as a prog-less love-version of a Conception album.Sandberg provides the vocals, and I always thought he sounded much older here than he would years later in Opus Atlantica. Here, his voice doesn’t have any effects, so all you’ll hear are his lush, soulful and squeaky cleans with vice and vigor to them. He’s dead serious and sure to make your experience one that you’ll never forget. He doesn’t force his vocals on you, but his wails can compete with the best of them. For most of the tracks, it’ll be the slow, reassuring style that becomes familiar.To me, I believe they picked the wrong route going for the old western / American country look. It’s so misleading; this isn’t country power metal. Fine, it’s a love album for those looking for a romantic night out, but that doesn’t mean everyone else can’t hop on and enjoy.

Line Up:

Pete Sandberg - Vocals - See also: ex-Madison
Jonas Reingold - Bass (1996-?) - See also: ex-Opus Atlantica, ex-Devil's Heaven, Kaipa, Karmakanic, The Flower Kings, ex-Reptilian, ex-Time Requiem, ex-Reingold
Mike D - Keyboards
Chris Palm - Guitars, Vocals
Anders "Theo" Theander - Drums, Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Another World (Intro) 01:54
02. Moneymaker 04:15
03. No Way Out 03:46
04. Over and Over 03:14
05. All I Want 03:41
06. Looking for Love 04:38
07. Black Night 03:46
08. Hold Me Back 04:19
09. On n' On 03:58
10. Power of Greed 03:57
11. Front-Page News 04:14
12. Deep in My Heart 04:31
13. Name of Love 03:51
14. Deep in My Heart 04:27 (Japan Bonus Track)
15. Fire Still Burns 02:50 (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Midnight Sun (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2021, 14:01

Midnight Sun - Above & Beyond (Japan Edition) (1998)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998 (Japan Edition)

Bio:

Midnight Sun was formed in Summer 1996. Still under the name of Tranquility the group gave a series of club shows all over Sweden and - after changing the band name to Midnight Sun – recorded their debut album, Another World in the ´Roasting House` Studio. The CD was released in in Japan, Sweden and Germany in 1997 and received brilliant reviews in BURRN, Young Guitar, Music Life, etc. Their follow-up work, Above & Beyond was released a year later and showed, with the help of two guest musicians, drummer Hempo Hildén (Dokken, Slash, Glenn Hughes Band) and the brilliant guitarrist John Norum (ex Europe), the band in the style of the heroes of melodic hardrock´s á la Rainbow, Deep Purple and Yngwie Malmsteen. BURRN awarded Above & Beyond 89 from 100 possible marks and this was reflected in other reviews all over the world. For their third album, Nemesis (also awarded 89) Midnight Sun changed the line-up again. In the place of guitarist Chris Palm came the young, talented Magnus Karlsson who had already made a great name for himself for his fabulous playing in numerous other Swedish bands. Karlsson's fancy playing left a permanent mark on Nemesis and often led to comparisons with Malmsteen and even to Iron Maiden.New to the band is singer Jakob Samuel who has replaced shouter Pete Sandberg. "There were no personal problems between Pete and I," Reingold explains. "It was just the right time to go our separate ways. It's a bit like a football team - you have to change the players now and again to stay competitive. Even if such a shake-up means taking a certain risk." After Sandberg left Reingold contacted his old friend, Jakob Samuel who travelled down from Stockholm and who put all doubts aside at the very first rehearsal session together. "He was steaming!", Reingold recalls, still impressed. "His singing just blew us away." Guitarist Magnus Karlsson, who joined the band for the recordings of the last album, Nemesis has become an especially important part of the current Midnight Sun lineup. On Metal Machine, Karlsson can demonstrate all his talent. His precise, rhythmical way of playing and his clever solos prove him to be a brilliant instrumentalist, who enhances Metal Machine as much as he does on his own new Last Tribe album, The Ritual. Completing the current lineup is drummer Jaime Salazar, certainly one of the best and most popular Swedish drummers of the day and also a member of the Scandinavian progrock elite band, The Flowerkings. Majestic Keyboarder, Richard Anderson was invited to play as guest musician and although keyboard parts on Metal Machine are few and far between, Richard can be heard during his brilliant solo in ´Distorted Eyes`. The eleven tracks of the new album were produced by Anders Theo Theander (Majestic, Pain Of Salvation etc.) in the Swedish ´Roasting House` Studios! .

Album:

"Midnight sun" is a technical/neoclassical hard rock band from Sweden best known amongst enthusiast as the group through which guitarist/songwriter extraordinaire Magnus Karlsson (`Primal Fear', `Allen Lande')made his professional debut while also having in their ranks, at some point, Jakob Samuel (`The Poodles') and Jamie Salazar (`Bad Habit').Still this early line up of their debut album `Above and beyond' (1998) finds band leader and bass player Jonas Reingold joining forces with guitarist Chris Palm and drummer Hempo Hilden and singer Pete Sandberg. Objectively one can make out that `Above and beyond' is an album produced in the 90s as it does not have an outstanding production; still the material more than makes up for that. Foremost the musicians are true virtuosos making extensive use of their technique without causing the album to sound complicated; instead they use progressions and neoclassical elements to make their compositions even more infectious and catchy.On a personal level, I managed to get a copy of the album in early 2009 and it definitely became one of the albums I played the most that year. A conclusive view on the album would indicate that `Above and beyond' is melodic, emotional and personal- still in terms of technique, there is a lot to be heard beyond the first play; in particular the rather inventive bass lines hidden under the lead guitars as well as the complex blend between bass and drums. Favorite tracks include `Reality', `Keep on pushing', `Deception of evil' and `Don't get me wrong'.Overall `Above and beyond' is an incredibly memorable album that manages to engage the listener directly while challenging one to come back for more detailed/analytical listening.

Line Up:

Jonas Reingold - Bass (1996-?) - See also: ex-Opus Atlantica, ex-Devil's Heaven, Kaipa, Karmakanic, The Flower Kings, ex-Reptilian, ex-Time Requiem, ex-Reingold
Chris Palm - Guitars
Hempo Hildén - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Above & Beyond (Intro) 01:15
02. Reality 04:31
03. Keep On Pushing 04:02
04. Deception of Evil 05:08
05. I Believe 03:34
06. Don't Get Me Wrong 04:38
07. Tears in My Eyes 04:38
08. Kissed by an Angel 04:49
09. Scream and Shout 04:11 (Bonus Track)
10. Bad Blood 04:20
11. Endlessly 04:07
12. Eye of the Beholder 04:37 instrumental
13. Hey 03:37

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2021, 14:01

Midnight Sun - Nemesis (Japan Edition) (1999)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1999 (Japan Edition)

Bio:

Album:

Nemesis is the third album by Swedish melodic metal/hard rock band "Midnight Sun", originally released in 1999.The band founded by bassist Jonas Reingold and singer Pete Sandberg brings brought on board new members guitarist Magnus Karlsson and drummer Jamie Salazar..It may be because of singer Pete Sandberg's extremely peculiar solo excursions that many mistakenly mistake this full-bodied Swedish bite for an AOR band. At the same time, MIDNIGHT SUN, as this third album underlines once again, are at best partly plush. Big, majority choruses like the one from 'Resurrection' suggest that Pete and his regular writing partner, bass player / keyboard player Reingold must have heard long grooves from Prophet in the past. Mainly, however, the Scandinavians orient themselves more towards classical and rainbow-inspired concentrates from the Malmsteen and Riot schools than towards soft eggs, which can recite the lyrix of all Journey ballads from scratch. So it fits into the picture that MIDNIGHT SUN cover their compatriots Europe, but with 'Seven Doors Hotel' they pimp up a classic from tough debut days and not a commercial teardrop like 'Carrie'. In any case, the practical test speaks for MIDNIGHT SUN: When I played up tempo knockers like 'You And I' and 'I Don't Know' to a good friend last week, a fan of the last Riot records and demonstrably no friend of exaggerated catchiness, he noted " Nemesis "immediately on the shopping list.

Line Up:

Magnus Karlsson - Guitars (1999-?) - See also: Allen / Olzon, Kiske / Somerville, Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall, Primal Fear, The Codex, The Ferrymen, Planet Alliance, ex-Last Tribe, Starbreaker, ex-Allen - Lande, ex-Bob Catley, ex-Scheepers (live)
Jaime Salazar - Drums (1999-?) - See also: Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall, Planet Alliance, ex-Blakk Totem, ex-Last Tribe, ex-Opus Atlantica, ex-Devil's Heaven, ex-Allen - Lande, ex-StoneLake, ex-Timeless Miracle, ex-Moahni Moahna (live), ex-Karmakanic, ex-The Flower Kings

Tracklist:

01. Nemesis 04:59
02. You and I 04:52
03. Mortal Man 04:24
04. Resurrection 04:22
05. King of Broken Hearts 05:44
06. Conqueror 04:06
07. Watch Out 04:26
08. Dreams 03:55
09. I Don't Know 03:41
10. Conceal 03:53
11. Living on the Edge 04:20
12. Ave Maria 03:48
13. Nightfall 03:12 (Japan Bonus Track)
14. Seven Doors Hotel (Europe cover) 05:25
15. Innocent 03:39

Obrázok

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2021, 14:02

Midnight Sun - Metalmachine (Japan Edition) (2001)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001 (Japan Edition)

Bio:

Album:

I don't really like to start a review like this, but it is the truth : if you are a die-hard fan of Judas Priest, Midnight Sun (Metal Machine) is for you. I agree the band is different compare to Judas Priest, but the feeling of Metal Machine reminds me the legendary heavy metal band. Don't misunderstand me, we are just talking of the "spirit" of the album as Midnight Sun has its own touch ... and is far better compare to these typical copycat bands."Metal Machine is by far the best album that I've ever made" Reingold (bass) said proudly. "I think it has an unmistakable sound, fits into the World Of Heavy Metal perfectly as the music and lyrics form a solid unit. Midnight Sun fans will really enjoy the new album" he added. I have no idea how what "sounding" previous Midnight Sun records, but I can tell you this one "shakes hard".Recently, I wrote a review on Treasure Land (Gateway) and one of our readers has left this message : "Listen to Jakob Samuel on Midnight Sun, you'll see that he improved greatly". Actually, I can hardly believe this is the singer of Treasure Land as the guy is perfect on Metal Machine. To be honest with you, I made the "bridge" between the two bands based on this message. Yes Jakob has greatly improved and sometimes I am wondering if this is not Heaven Gate's singer, Thomas Rettke, who sings all the way. Congratulation Jakob for this HUGE improvement.The eleven tracks of the album were produced by Anders Theander (Majestic, Pain Of Salvation) in the Swedish Roasting House Studio and the production is almost perfect. All songs are catchy, melodic, sometimes progressive, sometimes powerful and heavy. Finally, what I really appreciate on Metal Machine is its disparity. If you like heavy metal in general, I suggest you to check Metal Machine : just listen to Steel To Steel, Distorted Eyes, Keeper Of The Gate or Metal Machine and I am sure you will buy it immediately.The new generation is still inspired by the 80's, but when a band plays like this - and adds its personal touch - it becomes a real pleasure for the listener. Midnight Sun, a name we will not forget.

Line Up:

Jakob Samuel - Vocals (2000-?) - See also: ex-The Ring, Kryptonite, ex-Treasure Land, ex-Blakk Totem, ex-Grand Slam, ex-Jekyll & Hyde, ex-Kreegah, ex-Punchline, ex-Talisman (Swe), ex-The Poodles, ex-Yale Bate
Magnus Karlsson - Guitars (1999-?) - See also: Allen / Olzon, Kiske / Somerville, Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall, Primal Fear, The Codex, The Ferrymen, Planet Alliance, ex-Last Tribe, Starbreaker, ex-Allen - Lande, ex-Bob Catley, ex-Scheepers (live)
Jaime Salazar - Drums (1999-?) - See also: Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall, Planet Alliance, ex-Blakk Totem, ex-Last Tribe, ex-Opus Atlantica, ex-Devil's Heaven, ex-Allen - Lande, ex-StoneLake, ex-Timeless Miracle, ex-Moahni Moahna (live), ex-Karmakanic, ex-The Flower Kings

Tracklist:

01. Metal Gods 04:02
02. Distorted Eyes 04:48
03. Metal Will Stand Tall 09:01
04. Keeper of the Gate 04:09
05. Steel to Steel 03:55
06. Metal Machine 04:29
07. Fight 03:19
08. Dungeons of Steel 03:33
09. Your Blood Burns in Hell 04:23
10. Temple of the Graal 04:18
11. Genesis 03:55 (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných