Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 169 mb

Bio:

After the release of "Under the Cross" (2002) the guys from Squealer got an offer for a tour support that every rock musician would be jolly as a sandboy."What? Judas Priest asked us, if we were interested in being their support act for the upcoming tour ? - Somebody is making fun with us !! " - was the dialog between singer "Henner" and guitar player Michael the same as the implied message which came into the office. Originally, Squealer put in an application for the support of a single Judas Priest show in France and sent the new album to Judas Priest and their management. After receiving the CD, Squealer really got the offer to support the rest of the tour. Some filled applewine (German wine delicacy) which was standing on the bar in Squealer's rehearsal room has never been seen from this day on.In February and March 2002, the band played the tour with priest. Squealer got a full hour playing time and lots of fun and amazing moments from Judas Priest and their fans. After the tour and some festival gigs, singer Henner took a short time out because of longer than usual hospital stay. In the middle of 2003, the band began to start with the songwriting of a new Squealer record which release date was originally planned for the end of 2004 / beginning of 2005.Everything seemed to be going really well, even though the songwriting was taking a little longer than expected, we were moving in a positive direction until the 16th of January 2005 - the blackest day in Squealer's band history.The plan for this day was to play a small surprise show for a big fan of the band who was celebrating his 50th birthday that evening. On the way to the festivity, singer Andy "Henner" Allendörfer had a car accident because of black ice and died at the scene of the accident. Henner had just turned 38 years old.For the publicity it was clear, this was the end of the band Squealer. "Henner" was an important person for the band and he was a good friend, too. The band decide to take a break to mourn for "Henner" and to get a free head.After a few months the band decided to start again with a new singer. It would never enter "Henners" mind to quit the band and end Squealer on a sad note. The important job facing us was to find a singer which could be integrated into the music of Squealer and fit the bands personality. No one can personify "Henner." So it was important to find a person with his own personality. The band received so many letters and mail from friends, fans and other musicians to keep Squealer alive.At this time the band Grip Inc. was dissolved and Gus Chambers was free to start up in a new band. The band already had contact with him and had knew him for quite some time. The contact came through Mike Terrana who had played the drums on the last two Squealer releases and knew Gus from the scene in Dortmund. So the band gave Gus the latest album and some basic tracks of the new material.For Gus, Squealer was not an unknown band , He liked the new material alot and his opinion was: "It is a mix between the last Squealer CD and has some similarities of Grip Inc. which suits his style of singing. At last they had a meeting in the nice quiet hometown of Squealer and had a rehearsal. After a short time they found out that they had the same enthusiasm and goals as each other. Some bottles (of applewine) later……the guys were united and everyone wanted to give their very best from the start At this time Martin Buchwalter (dr) became a fixed member, too. In the last years he was always ready to play live with the band and now he is a full time member in Squealer.The new line up already kicked some ass on different gigs, festivals and a small tour in May 2006. Now the Band finished the studio work for the new album "Confrontation Street" exactly 1 year after the line up change. The bands name was changed into Squealer A.D., because the guys want to show that they want to be faithful with the style of Squealer, but the loss of the singer will ring in a new time in the bands development."Confrontation Street" will be the hardest album in the bands history so far and it's music as well as it's lyrics reflect the aggression which rules the day to day life of millions of people in many countries at this point of time.The album was recorded and mixed in "Gernhart Studios" in Siegburg by Martin Buchwalter (Victor Smolski, Fire In The Attic, Perzonal War) and it was mastered in "Monoposto Studios" (a.o. Toten Hosen, Beatstakes) in Düsseldorf.

Album:

SQUEALER are a German musical collective that mix Traditional (aka Classic) and Power Metal. Formed in Schwalmstadt, the group released their debut in 1992 and have since unleashed 7 LPs of their music to us. So yeah, they’ve been around for quite some time, but question is, how well are they doing right now? Well, today I will try to answer that question with my review of their latest disk, ”Behind Closed Doors”.”Madnessecity” is a really tasty 1.5 minute intro track with those strings in the background and the pianos halfway through; I would GLADLY listen to a 3-4 minute full version of it.Next up is the title-track, which opens with some menacing guitar chords and progresses into the best song on the record - with solid drumming, really enjoyable guitar work and Ohmygoodness, that chorus. Its length is also perfect; close to the border of justifiable and unnecessary - plain perfection. The song's solo isn't anything special, but the overall song is easily among the best I've heard in the last few weeks; a strong 9/10.However, it is followed by a notably weaker composition. Even though ”Time Goes By” has a more interesting guitar solo, the significantly simpler song-writing makes it a bit disappointing. By itself, it's solid, but after the masterpiece that is ”Behind Closed Doors”, it left me with a bitter feeling. In the song ”Dreamshot”, vocalist Sebastian Werner gets most of the spotlight, and he easily deserves it, with some Mike Patton-esque randomness. It's a cool extra, and would have been a great addition to the album if it wasn't almost 5 minutes long. Nevertheless, the band’s singer is the best thing about this LP, period.Another track I feel that should be mentioned is the one ”Behind Closed Doors” concludes with; and that’s ”MOTM”. A great acoustic intro translates perfectly into a monstrous riff. It's very poppy yet charismatic and just plain cool, yet fits in well with its musical context.Overall, I can say the album captured my attention the times I listened to it. It wasn't just background music for scrolling through my Facebook news feed, not even for the first time. I didn't have to particularly concentrate on it, it just felt natural to notice certain positive and negative aspects of it. The record also flows very well; the longer tracks are usually grouped together so it gives a long, monumental feeling but it also has it's fair share of 3-4 minute songs, all of which are placed in a way that's just…balanced.Although I don't really have any specific problem with the music on here, I feel like besides the vocals, nothing is really stellar, and could have been done much better, but not everything has to be a masterpiece; that surely isn't and shouldn't be a requirement. Honestly, the only forgettable tracks here is ”Modern World Maniacs” and ”Worlds Collide”; and the latter would’ve been decent (it's pretty catchy) if it weren't for it's redundant length. So the album doesn’t contain much filler either.Other than that, the further I went into this disk, the more I liked it. The production is also nothing special. It’s fitting, but not something that adds to the quality as a whole. In conclusion, I simply appreciate that they were going for many different sounds and styles throughout the record; that makes for a healthily diverse experience, with enough epic atmosphere that it feels organic and not cringy (like most PM) whilst packing enough technical skill and creative songwriting. Granted I don't listen to much Traditional or Power Metal, this mixture of the two genres is probably my favourite from a lesser known band. Would recommend it do basically anyone.

Line-Up:

Manuel Roth "M" Bass - See also: ex-Mindreaper
Michael Schiel Guitars
Lars Döring Guitars
Sebastian Werner Vocals (2014-present)

Tracklist:

01. Madnecessity
02. Behind Closed Doors
03. Times Goes By
04. Dream Shot
05. Foolish Man's Invasion
06. Into the Past
07. Brainwash
08. Fate
09. Modern World Maniacs
10. Worlds Collide
11. M:O:T:M

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných