Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

The Hard Rock band was formed by Rolf Kasparek and Peter Jordan after the disbanding of Running Wild in 2009 as a full-time band, but it became a side project in 2011 due to Running Wild's reunion.

Album:

GIANT X is the latest project from current RUNNING WILD members Rock N' Rolf Kasparek and Peter J. Jordan. Rolf founded RUNNING WILD back in 1979 and is responsible for releasing some of the best metal records of the 1980s including “Gates To Purgatory”, “Under Jolly Roger” and “Death Or Glory.” GIANT X veers from the traditional writing style of their main band and is more inspired by the straightforward style of rock acts like KISS, QUEEN andTHIN LIZZY. Their debut simply entitled “I” is currently released through Germany’s SPV / Steamhammer Records.Opener “On A Blind Flight” sounds like it could have come off one of RUNNING WILD’s latest releases. Easily the best song on the record as this is a quick paced catchy anthem. This is where Rolf is at his best. The chorus is incredibly addictive and you will be singing along with this one long after the record is over. Musically it is also a dead ringer for later day RUNNING WILD. A cool lead break punctuates this classic tune. “Don’t Quit Till Tomorrow” harkens back to their British roots. A straightforward rocker that again succeeds with a memorable chorus line that reminds me of something that SLADE would have pulled off. A great 1 – 2 punch to start off “I”.The song writing is a little more diverse as the record rolls on. “Badland Blues” and “Rough Tide” are incredibly bluesy and include a lot of slide guitars. “Nameless Heroes” is a power ballad and it is great to see Rolf expand his repertoire. Vocally I have never heard him sing like he does here. It has an appealing quality to it that grows with each listen.There are some songs that are almost glam metal in feel, tracks like the solid sing along “Go For It”, and the horrendous combo of “Let’s Dance” and “The Count.” These two songs are so bad they should be buried and forgotten. When “The Count” started I thought the music sounded like the Hokey Pokey. When the chorus actually kicks in I swear it sounds even more like it and the lyrics are horrendous. It is a shame these two songs are included as “I” is a solid release that is dragged down by these two abominations.Just like on later day RUNNING WILD releases it is obvious that a drum machine is being utilized. The songs have more of a sterile feel and the material would be served better with a live drummer. These songs are very rock oriented and a natural feel would have done this release wonders.At the end of the day this is still Rock N' Rolf and he has a unique talent of writing incredibly memorable vocal melodies and they are scattered throughout this whole record. Despite the inclusion of two of the most cringe worthy songs I have heard this year this is a solid debut and just different enough from their day band to distinguish themselves. Obviously if you are a fan of the legendary RUNNING WILD this is a no brainer.

Line Up:

Peter Jordan - Guitars (2009-present) - See also: Running Wild, Toxic Taste
Rolf Kasparek - Vocals, Guitars (2009-present) - See also: Running Wild, Toxic Taste, ex-Granite Hearts

Tracklist:

01. The Rise of the Giant X (intro) 00:34 instrumental
02. On a Blind Flight 03:29
03. Don’t Quit 'Till Tomorrow 03:57
04. Badland Blues 04:30
05. Now or Never 03:35
06. Nameless Heroes 04:16
07. Go 4 It 03:42
08. The Count 03:23
09. Rough Ride 04:24
10. Friendly Fire 03:27
11. Let’s Dance 02:59
12. Soulsurvivors 03:52
13. R.O.C.K. 04:00

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 55 neregistrovaných