Poema Arcanus - Transient Chronicles (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Apr 2021, 16:07

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Doom Metal , Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 166 mb

Bio:

POEMA ARCANVS was brought to life in 1992 in Santiago, Chile. Beginning as a mixture of diverse styles such as Death, Grind and Doom Metal, the band immediately focused in the creation of their own interpretation of these styles.This resulted in 2 demotapes as well as a live cassette EP. Later, in 1998, the Doom-Death Metal shown on their debut album “Arcane XIII” (released in 1999 by the Chilean label Picoroco Records) caused a great impact into their local scene, and also spoke of a band with a promising path ahead of them.Growing from the debut, the band released the acclaimed “Iconoclast” album in 2002, an album so diverse from other Doom acts that it made a name for the band, even in Europe and the US. Following “Iconoclast” the band ventured into a trip through musical experimentation, taking the progressive elements a step further from Iconoclast, and giving shape in 2005 to “Telluric Manifesto”, their most challenging and complex album to date.By then, trying to point out some influences or to label their music became a really difficult task, as a sense of identity was strongly rooted in these new songs. In 2009 Poema Arcanvs presents what can be considered as the perfect synthesis of all their previous works.“Timeline Symmetry” brings back the Doom Metal heaviness and melody of their early music, in conjunction with the unmistakable vibe acquired during their latest years. Not the average Doom Metal, but properly said: “Arcane Doom Metal”. This album was chosen as the best Chilean Metal album of 2009 in Rockaxis Magazine (the biggest and most notorious rock magazine in Chile).After a great performance at The Metal Fest-Chile with excellent reviews in the Media, nowadays the band is recording their 5th album which will have 9 new songs of Arcane Doom Metal. This new piece of music will be released at September 2012. The band is booking an Euro Tour at October 2012 and already is confirmed in the Dutch Dooom Days and Doom Over Vienna festivals, that take place in Netherlands and Austria respectively.

Album:

This little beastie sits next to Procession in my listings. Odd as they both play a style of doom. And both come from Chile. And both have these great, haunting, deep, clean vocals. That's where similarities end, though. Poema Arcanus eschew the epic doom and play a much more doom/death kind of metal but with serious progressive overtones. It's also their fourth full length amidst a scattering of demos, EPs and singles so you have to assume they know where they are going, musically. It took me three listens to even get the hang of their songs, and when I did I had no idea why I had such difficulty. I think it must be the prog. Or my age.Let's take the nine minute plus 'Iquilinos' which begins with a kind of gentle building drum and guitar shadowing each other that gives you a sense of trepidation, a gothic curiosity. It whispers beautifully before some wonderful deep, almost religious vocals rise and then are buried in the death style by the slow, crushing riff. This is (unavoidably, to a hack like me) like early Procession gone death metal and very accomplished too but a little dry for me. Then you get the first hints of a quiet style, a little Chilean flourish before an utterly soul rending section which flows perfectly from epic emotional doom into (get this) soft, perfect Marillion then into the death again. It's a curious mix. Partly successful (the epic, the quiet) partly not (the death).The following track 'Fading' is shorter, and by now sounds like no one but Poema Arcanus but points of reference might be Katatonia with a good sprinkling of Jack Frost in the trembling, deep vocal approach. And a perfectly used out of tune piano (no, it really works). They really are a fascinating band, this Poema Arcanus. The real problem I have, which I suspect many will not, is some of the death sections which seem to lack the core colour of the epic, the prog and the rest. Or perhaps it's just those other sections are so damned good. 'Lambs', which is effectively melodic and proggy death metal with a great quiet section does little for me but sits nicely enough in the running order, if you see what I'm getting at; by this point you know the character of the band and this is simply part of it. And there is so very much to like, and to admire about this Chilean crew.The score below reflects the problems I have with some of the death sections, a bit of my usual prog aversion, but they do blend and construct the songs so we'll regardless. Honestly anyone into melodic and progressive death/doom with just a little of the gothic about it really needs to hear this band as they offer them so much. Jack Frost crossed with a progged out death metal band. I'm really going to have to go to Chile and see just what they put in the wine down there.Rather fine vintage indeed, and one which will take weeks to fully appreciate the variety of flavours beautifully blended into this.

Line Up:

Claudio Carrasco Garcia - Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Garbage, ex-Garbage Breed
Igor Leiva Benavides - Guitars (1992-present) - See also: ex-Atomic Noise Machine, ex-Garbage, ex-Garbage Breed, ex-Capilla Ardiente (live)
Luis Moya - Drums (2000-present) - See also: ex-Mourners Lament, ex-Procession, ex-Aseidad
Pablo Tapia - Bass (2011-present)

Tracklist:

01. Us, Those Half Dead 05:40
02. Stream of Debris 06:38
03. Fugitive 06:21
04. Inquilinos 09:45
05. Fading 05:37
06. Omniscient Opponent 05:52
07. Lambs 04:27
08. Default Song 05:40
09. Our Little Blood 06:51
10. Errant Souls (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných