Lou Gramm - Long Hard Look (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Jan 2021, 06:20

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered) (2013)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Lou Gramm (born Louis Andrew Grammatico; May 2, 1950) is an American rock vocalist and songwriter best known for being the original lead vocalist and co-writer of many of the songs for the rock band Foreigner. He also had a successful solo career. Gramm was the vocalist for many top-40 hits including "Cold as Ice", "Waiting for a Girl Like You", "I Want to Know What Love Is", "I Don't Want to Live Without You" and his solo hit "Midnight Blue". In 2009, the Lou Gramm Band released their self-titled album of Christian rock.AS THE VOICE of Foreigner, Lou Gramm sung on a succession of hit singles, helping to position the band as one of the most important hard rock acts of the 1970s and 80s. Of course, it was the twin ballads ‘Waiting For A Girl Like You’ and ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’ which instantly elevated Gramm’s voice to worldwide recognition; a voice that was not only rich in vintage soul but also in emotion. From those hits on he was regarded as one of the world’s greatest vocalists and one likely to strike out on his own.Lou’s first solo album ‘Ready Or Not’ was a commendable affair and commercially successful enough to warrant a second release, in1989, with ‘Long Hard Look’. This time around, however, the record company looked to slightly contemporise his sound by bringing in producer Peter Wolf, who had worked with both cutting edge pop acts (Wang Chung) and traditional melodic rock bands (Heart, Starship). The results were spectacular, Gramm crafting an album of concise and precise melodic rock that took as much from Foreigner as it did from traditional blues based singers.Mostly surrounding himself with expected names, including former Black Sheep bassist Bruce Turgon, guitarist Nils Lofgren and his brother Ben Gramm on drums, the surprising addition was former Dio guitarist Vivian Campbell whom, alongside Gramm and Turgon, would later go on to form the highly regarded Shadow King.Special Deluxe Collector’s Edition, fully remastered sound shaped from 24 BIT digital technology, 16 page full colour booklet, 3,500 word essay, enhanced artwork, rare photos and new interview with Lou Gramm.

Album:

LOU GRAMM has one of the most unique and remarkably memorable voices, not only as frontman of the multi platinum selling US melodic rock gods Foreigner, but also as a solo artist as this remastered reissue by Rock Candy Records of his second solo release "Long Hard Look" highlights.It was the fall of 1989 - one year after Foreigner made solid work on Inside Information, when Lou Gramm made another great solo album following Ready Or Not. This "Long Hard Look", in my opinion, is the better of the two solo efforts.The record scored two successful Billboard singles such as "True Blue Love" and "Just Between You And Me", but all the tracks were potential hits.The album impressively jolts in with "Angel With A Dirty Face", which as commercial as it comes, could have been a killer single as well.Helped in the songwriting by talented Bruce Turgon (who also play bass and did backing vocals), we find gems such as "Hanging On My Hip", "Broken Dreams", "Warmest Rising Sun" or "I'll Know When It's Over".It's that renowned vocal though that draws the listener in and won't let go; upon listening to this album you kinda get transfixed into that golden late '80s period when this genre was a global success and ruled the radio.Lots of melodic keyboard lines are complemented by fine guitar licks with the likes of Dann Huff and Vivian Campbell adding their own unique touches to the equation.Few singers could touch Lou Gramm in his prime; "Long Hard Look" has the hard edge and hot vocal that was such a contribution to Foreigner. It also shows a maturation of style and interpretation that put him in the company of very few as far as quality of performance and breadth of talent.Excellent remaster by Rock Candy.

Line-Up:

Lead Vocals: Lou Gramm
Guitars: Vivian Campbell, Dann Huff, Nils Lofgren, Peter Maunu, Bruce Turgon
Drums, Percussion: Benny Gramm, Lou Gramm
Bass: Pino Palladino, Bruce Turgon
Keyboards: Gary Corbett, Peter Wolf
Backing Vocals: Ina Wolf, Darryl Phinnessee, Phillip Ingram, Merry Clayton, Robin Clark, Maxi Anderson

Tracklist:

01. Angel With A Dirty Face
02. Just Between You And Me
03. Broken Dreams
04. True Blue Love
05. I'll Come Running
06. Hangin' On My Hip
07. Warmest Rising Sun
08. Day One
09. I'll Know When It's Over
10. Tin Soldier

+ Videos "Just Between You And Me" (Official Videos)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných