Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 144 mb

Bio:

The history of NIVA began in Skövde in the mid 80’s and the place was the TBV Music House – this was an inspiring environment for many youths to discover their creativity in a lot of ways, especially regarding the chance to discover their musical abilities.It was also here where a young Tony Niva set his path to be able to sing and write music, and also for the first time to sing through a microphone! It didn’t take long before an offer occurred. The band Zanity got Tony as their singer and their first demo ”Time Out Of Mind” got a lot of attention.After appearing in a lot of bands around in Sweden – for example Vanessa, Swedish Erotica, Malibu Band and Tracy Goes Crazy, Tony got the opportunity to sing for Axia – a band situated and rehearsing in Skövde.It was an ideal situation both musically and socially for the band and it didn’t take long before a Swedish tour started – both with Axia and later on with a cover band called ”Under Cover”. After some touring, the band drifted apart, and up from the ashes of Axia, NIVA was formed. The band recorded their debut album ”No Capitulation” and got a record deal with Zero Records in Japan in 1994. After recording an up to this date not released follow up album, NIVA was disbanded (1995). For a brief period in 2001, Tony was a member of the metal-act Lion’s Share and who released the album “Entrance” in the same year.Moving forward to 2011 and a song called ”Janitor Of Love” written for the Swedish Eurovision song contest. This time collaboration partners are Roger Ljunggren and Marcus Persson and even if the song did not make it through, the musical work goes so smoothly, they decide to make another three songs for a demo, just to see if there is any interest for a band in the vein of AOR/Melodic Rock. And it sure is – Marquee Avalon signs with NIVA and after 16 years the band lives up and releasing the album ”Gold From The Future” in Japan, September 2011.Tony did not settle down because of this, so after some negotiations a British based label released the album in Europe – now under the moniker Oxygen – Final Warning. The album gets a lot of attention in both Europe and in the United States.In 2013 NIVA released the CD Magnitude through AOR Heaven for the European market and now 2014 the sophomore album entitled “Incremental IV” is ready.“Incremental IV” was produced and mixed by Marcus Persson at CM Music Skara, Sweden with executive producer Tony Niva and mastered by Börjesson, Ear Hear Studio Stockholm. Artwork design by Matthias Norén.

Album:

Once of the band Swedish Erotica, singer Tony Niva has also previously released two Japanese albums under his own Niva band-name. On both he was aided by guitarist Roger Ljunggren and keyboard player Marcus Persson and the trio are back again for album number three Magnitude, which finds a wider release through AOR Heaven.For any of those of you whose mind stretches back to Swedish Erotica, you'll remember them as a punchy Melodic Hard Rock act. Niva on the other hand are straight up AOR, with that certain unmistakable Swedish something that ties together a whole multitude of bands and styles from that country. There are also touches of TNT in places, however vocally it is the high octane delivery of Grand Illusion that springs to mind, while Persson's keyboard work brings a huge slice of Abba in both structure and melody and while, obviously, not up to those standards, I'd suggest that if you stripped back the heavier guitars slightly, then the 70s pop giants could be put forward as the main influence here. Unsurprisingly for AOR there's still room for a touch of USA glamour, which arrives in the shape of hints of Survivor or Journey, however with all of these big name influences and styles, the overriding feeling I have once Magnitude is finished, is that it lacks for two things, individuality and variation.The guitars sing across all of the tracks, the keys match them riff for parp and Niva has, if like me you like high pitched vocals, a wonderfully stretching range, making for a set of songs that bounce along nicely. With the odd heartfelt ballad ("I Feel So Alone"), or slightly grittier number ("Spanish Lullaby"), the sum of the parts really should result in greater rewards and while it would be a lie to suggest that I haven't enjoyed Magnitude from start to finish on every listen, there's no doubting the feeling that I've heard it all a million times before. If however reasonably standard, if shimmeringly presented Scandie AOR is your thing, then doubtless "Never Too Late", "My First And Only One", "Do It Again" and "Never Say Goodbye" will get you all frothy, even if they lack for individuality from each other.Three albums across twenty years is slow output in anyone's book, so hopefully the core trio of Niva reconvene soon to build on what would be best described as a solid, if unremarkable release. With the vocal talents of Niva, guitar skills of Ljunggren and keyboard class of Persson, the talent is definitely there to make it something pretty special, even if this release doesn't quite come up to that standard.

Line-Up:

Tony Niva - lead vocals
Roger Ljunggren - guitars
Marcus Persson - Keys, backing vocals
Jan Stal - bass guitar
Tomas Persic - drums

Tracklist:

01. Never Too Late
02. Perfect Life
03. My First And Only One
04. Just Another Heartache
05. In A Misty Light
06. Always Somewhere
07. Let It Shine
08. Spanish Lullaby
09. Do It Again
10. Never Say Goodbye
11. I Feel So Alone

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných