Zebra - Zebra (1983) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered 2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Máj 2019, 06:36

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered 2013)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 146 mb

Bio:

Zebra is a Hard rock band founded in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983 with their eponymous album, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door". Zebra got their start on the US East Coast club circuit, frequently playing at clubs on Long Island, NY.Zebra started their career by playing covers of Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues and Rush songs; it was their early fans' reaction to their Led Zeppelin renditions that helped convince the band to bring their act to New York. They had introduced their original material into their cover sets years before they were signed to Atlantic Records, including "The La La Song", "Free" and "Bears" (originally entitled "The Bears are Hibernating").Zebra had been noticed by local colleges and even had some of their early original performances recorded by Long Island FM radio station WBAB, culminating in the inclusion of one of their songs on a release of "WBAB Homegrown Album", which commemorated some of the station's best local acts and performances culled from their on-air "Homegrown Hour" program.The band continued to tour throughout the 1980s but put a temporary hold in the early 1990s after being dropped by Atlantic Records. Randy Jackson formed his solo band, Randy Jackson's China Rain, and released its only album in the year 1993. Zebra finally reunited in 1997 and released Zebra IV in 2003, their first album of all-new material since 1986. A DVD of recent live performances, mostly from a show at the House of Blues in New Orleans, was released in the summer of 2007.On July 10, 2010, during their 35th-anniversary performance at New Orleans' Mahalia Jackson Theater, Zebra was inducted into The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame.On October 8, 2012, Zebra was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.In March 2013, Zebra performed on Cruise To The Edge, a concert cruise with notable progressive rock bands including Yes, Steve Hackett, U.K., Carl Palmer Band, Ambrosia, Saga, Nektar, Glass Hammer, and IOEarth.

Album:

All-4 first ZEBRA albums were released in Japan on a high quality SHM-CD format, remastered and packed in a Cardboard Sleeve mini LP replicating the original artwork.Zebra is the debut album by the American hard rock band Zebra, released in 1983, eight years after they were founded. The album features all original material, with the exception of "Slow Down" (a Larry Williams tune best remembered for a 1964 cover version by the Beatles) injected at mid-song with much of the second stanza of Carl Perkins' "Blue Suede Shoes", altered at its end: "Knock me down, step on my face, slander my name all over the place; do anything that you want to do, what are you tryin' to do?" The album also features two hits which received national airplay: "Who's Behind The Door?" and "Tell Me What You Want". On the strength of both singles the album became one of Atlantic's fastest-selling debut albums ever[1] and peaked at #29, attaining a level of commercial success the band was unable to repeat on subsequent releases."Take Your Fingers From My Hair" was covered by Dream Theater for the special edition of their tenth studio album, Black Clouds & Silver Linings.This album, along with the follow-up No Tellin' Lies, was remastered and reissued by UK-based company Rock Candy Records in 2013.

Line-Up:

Randy Jackson – guitar, lead vocals, piano, Mellotron, synthesizer, percussion
Felix Hanemann – bass, backing vocals, keyboards, strings
Guy Gelso – drums, backing vocals, percussion

Session musicians:

Jack Douglas – keyboards (6), percussion (6)
Mike Grossman – piano (3)
Eric Troyer – Prophet synthesizer (7)
Karen Alta – percussion (3) [3]

Producer:

Jack Douglas

Tracklist:

01. Tell Me What You Want
02. One More Chance
03. Slow Down
04. As I Said Before
05. Who's Behind the Door ?
06. When You Get There
07. Take Your Fingers from My Hair
08. Don't Walk Away
09. The La La Song

+ Video "Zebra - Who's Behind the Door ? (Official Video)"

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných