V.A. - Crüe Believers: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe (2008)

Various Artists, Tributes, Soundtracks & Split
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Júl 2020, 11:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008
Style : Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 159 mb

Info:

A long overdue, REAL Hollywood metal tribute to the kings of the Sunset Strip, Motley Crue! Features EXCLUSIVE recordings by stars of the 80s metal scene including L.A. Guns, Bullet Boys, Bang Tango, Pretty Boy Floyd, Jack Russell (of Great White) and many more! These supercharged versions of the band s classic songs Shout At The Devil, Too Young To Fall In Love, Live Wire, Girls, Girls, Girls and more will make you a Crue Believer too!

Album:

In 2008 we had found that the guys in Motley Crue still had what it takes to deliver the goods as the band embarked on their first-ever officially sanctioned “Crue Fest”. The shows were a big time Summer hit and found them sharing the stage with the likes of Buckcherry and Nikki Sixx’s new project Sixx A.M. among others. The bands life and adventures were documented in a best selling book called “The Dirt” and their impact on the Heavy Metal music scene can still be felt even some twenty seven years after they first came into existence. That being said, when one listens to a release like “Crue Believers: A Tribute To Motley Crue”; it’s easy to find many levels of enjoyment since most of the albums contributors are relevant to the genre that they are covering. This largely tasty listen begins with Pretty Boy Floyd who do “Girls, Girls, Girls”, and these guys had already covered the Crue with “On With The Show” on their own debut release many years before so it was nice to see them on this recording. I felt other winners came in the versions of “Piece Of Your Action” and “Red Hot” by a bunch of mixed players from different bands and it was interesting to observe at just how good the oldest Crue stuff came off as covers as opposed to their later stuff. We get four songs apiece from the albums “Too Fast For Love” and “Shout At The Devil” and while many of them are done with excellence I have to say that the rendition that London delivers of the bands second album title track is simply dreadful. While we are on this end of the discussion, another tune that managed to ruin my enjoyment of this one was Leif Garrett’s take on the ballad “Home Sweet Home”. I don’t know who the brain surgeon was that said “get me Leif Garrett for this one”, but it will surely be one that you click past after only a few moments. He might be made for dancing, but certainly not Crue covers. Next time let’s try to stick to the rockers who make more sense in being here. With the bands new release only a few months old I admit that I was surprised to hear Jetboy doing one of that albums pieces here. The new Crue release has still not won everyone over including me, so I felt that the talented group would have been better served by doing something older as opposed to newer.Overall this was much better than worse and was cool to see players like Jack Russell, Steve Summers and Bullet Boys involved in these renditions because many of these bands were able to rise into their own prominence based on the efforts that Motley Crue had achieved. Some got more famous than others while many were left still trying so in the end this was cool to see released. The album doesn’t come with much in the way of liner notes or photos so we have to be content with the music only. For the most part the renditions are honest to the original versions and there are no blues versions, or jazz interpretations of the stuff which I was very thankful for. Barring some minor critiques I think this is a worthwhile addition to anyone’s tribute section in their CD library. Its release comes around the same time that Motley Crue’s own full back catalog finds re-issue as remastered and expanded editions. Make sure you check those out as well.

Line-Up:

Jack Russell credited as : Jack Russell (Great White)
Steve Summers credited as : Steve Summers (Pretty Boy Floyd)

Tracklist:

01. Girls,Girls,Girls (Pretty Boy Floyd)
02. Kick Start My Heart (Jack Russell)
03. Red Hot (Tuff)
04. Too Young To Fall In Love (Gilby Clarke)
05. Piece Of Your Action (L.A. Guns)
06. Live Wire (Steve Summers)
07. Shout At The Devil (London)
08. Starry Eyes (Bang Tango)
09. Dr.Feelgood (BulletBoys)
10. Home Sweet Home (Leif Garrett)
11. Saints Of Los Angeles (Jetboy)
12. Public Enemy #1 (Spiders Snakes)
13. Bastard (Peppermint Creeps)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "VARIOUS Artists, TRIBUTES, SOUNDTRACKS & SPLIT albums"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných