Advocacy (DENMARK)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Advocacy (DENMARK)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Jan 2024, 06:18

Advocacy - The Path Of Decoherence (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Style : Progressive Heavy Metal , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Advocacy was formed in the spring of 2015 with a vision of delicious melodies and quirky rhythms with a line-up consisting of Andreas Nygaard on drums, Søren Wind and Peter Locher on guitars, Peter Juelsgaard on bass guitar/growls, and Søren Kjeldsen on clean vocals/guitar. The band released their first EP "Geophobia" in 2017, and the follow-up "Remnants" was released in early 2020. With influences from classic prog, death metal and jazz, Advocacy's music is multi-faceted, with everything from unorthodox time signatures to three- and four-part harmonies, and compositions that take the listener on a journey through wide dynamic levels, complex instrumentation, and a lyrical world based on social problems, existentialism and the stormy depths of the human mind. 2024 will mark the release of the band's debut album "The Path of Decoherence" where the compositions have become more complex, heavier and melodic at the same time, and Advocacy are motivated to bring their music out to Denmark and the rest of the world.

Album:

When there’s a debut progressive metal album that references Dream Theater, Haken, and Threshold in the accompanying press release, you’ve got our attention. Then, add a striking piece of artwork that’s been created by band guitarist Søren Wind. And, finally, casually drop into conversation that the band in question hail from Denmark. Put this all together, and you’ve done just about everything possible to ensure that we take a listen.The band is ADVOCACY, and this debut record that follows up on a couple of EPs, is entitled ‘The Path Of Decoherence’. It features eight songs that span around 48 minutes, and lyrically, the quintet cover all sorts of issues from existentialism, to more grounded and tangible societal matters. ‘The Path Of Decoherence’ certainly makes you think, pay attention, and grapple a little with the music that’s on offer: a staggering amount of good riffs and interesting arrangements, with a sound that’s pretty much their own.It’s very obvious from a first spin, that drummer Adreas Bek Nygaard Hansen, guitarists Søren Wind and Peter Locher, bassist Peter Juelsgaard, and vocalist/guitarist Søren Kjeldsen are adept musicians with a background in progressive rock music.On ‘The Path Of Decoherence’ the technical ability is impressive across the band. Odd time signatures, unexpected juxtapositions, chops, solos, and an intelligent blend of prog, rock, and metal, is all wrapped up in a high-energy and strangely compelling record.Although I must admit I’m really not sure where the Threshold and Haken comparisons come from, because this is generally quite a different product. Yes, there are the occasional similarities, but to my ears, Advocacy are something of a unique proposition.The album begins with the title track, a dramatic and cinematic instrumental piece which is much more than just a throw-away intro track. However, as soon as ‘Prayer For The Reckless’ kicks in, it is clear that Peter Juelsgaard’s bass playing is central to the Advocacy sound. Not only does it kick off the track in vibrant and commanding fashion, it maintains a central presence throughout the song, never stopping, always pulsing and dancing against the sound of sharp riffing, expressive drumming, and a vocal performance that grows stronger with each passing spin.‘Star Formation’ is a very strong track. The intro is quiet, brooding, and melodic, almost NWOBHM-like and I love it, being a sucker for these kinds of melodies. There’s a subtle build in intensity that eventually gives way to a slower, meatier central riff and swathes of well-placed orchestration to add depth and texture. It may eventually explode with real power, culminating in a swift and effervescent lead guitar solo but, ending in the way it began, it’s a much less intense and complex-sounding composition that essentially became my gateway into the more technical material on ‘The Path Of Decoherence’.That said, the follow-up is arguably even better. ‘Cut Loose’ again starts quietly and in melodic fashion, but the explosion of sound happens earlier and with it, comes a gloriously epic feel that shares a similarity or two with the melodic metal genre, as does a galloping rhythm later in the track. The lead guitar lines are beautiful, as it the muscular music beneath it, led by drums and bass in impressive tandem.The remainder of the album continues to challenge and entertain, particularly the track ‘Deranged’ which, unlike its title, is a tight and engaging progressive metal track with enough melody to bring me back time and time again. It’s the melodic interplay and skipping rhythm that emerges as the halfway stage that most beguiles me, especially as it is sandwiched between two quieter passages where atmosphere and emotion is allowed to fully permeate.As with plenty of progressive albums over the years, especially those with a certain quirkiness and a greater complexity to them, it has been a reasonably long voyage of discovery here. I began by admiring the music but that admiration has grown, to the point where I’m now really enjoying ‘The Path Of Decoherence’ and I really look forward to hearing all of its charms, melodies, and idiosyncrasies all over again.

Line Up:

Søren Kjeldsen - Guitars, Vocals (2015-present) - See also: ex-Afskum
Søren Wind - Guitars (2023-present)
Peter Locher - Guitars
Peter Juelsgaard - Bass, Vocals (backing) - See also: Ilumize, ex-Pit of Carnage
Andreas Bek Nygaard Hansen - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Path of Decoherence
02. Prayer For the Reckless
03. Leap Of Faith
04. Star Formation
05. Cut Loose
06. Deranged
07. Interlude
08. Unnamed

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 54 neregistrovaných