Caligula's Horse (AUSTRALIA)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Caligula's Horse (AUSTRALIA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jan 2024, 11:24

Caligula's Horse - Bloom (Digipak Edition) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Progressive Alternative Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 157 mb

Info:

Named for the prized possession of Rome’s infamous despot, CALIGULA’S HORSE is a progressive alternative rock band from Brisbane, Australia.Channelling the raw honesty of rock and the skill of progressive metal into a seamless voice at once energetic, grand and forthright, CALIGULA’S HORSE offers devotees of all strains of powerful and progressive music something unique.Formed by Sam Vallen and Jim Grey in early 2011, CALIGULA’S HORSE released their debut album “Moments from Ephemeral City” in April of the same year. "Moments" is a colourful and dynamic foray into modern progressive music, at once vital, eclectic, and memorable. It was followed in 2013 by "The Tide, the Thief & River's End", a dark, powerful narrative concept album about isolation, exodus, and the human spirit overcoming insurmountable odds. It received international acclaim in the progressive music sphere, lauded by rock and metal fans alike. The release of "River's End" saw the group undertake an intense touring regime, including dates with the likes of OPETH, TESSERACT, MASTODON, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, PROTEST THE HERO, THE OCEAN, FIREWIND, TWELVE FOOT NINJA, NE OBLIVISCARIS, and hundreds more. But for CALIGULA'S HORSE this is only the beginning. After joining the roster of THE AGENCY GROUP in North America, AMF Publishing in the UK, and signing with the prestigious German record label INSIDE OUT, the band's sights are firmly set on the rest of the world.2015 will see CALIGULA'S HORSE release their third record "Bloom", their most vivid, and emotional work to date. "Bloom" is the perfect mission statement for an act blurring the line between power and reflection; a musical assertion with depth enough for the most dedicated of prog fans, and with fire enough to bring audiences in venues across the world to fury and their voices to unison.

Album:

When I recently wrote about the strength of the Australian heavy metal scene, one of the bands that I used to illustrate my point was Caligula’s Horse. The progressive rock/metal band from Brisbane had not long before released the magnificent ‘The Tide, The Thief & River’s End’ and, even though it was only the band’s second album since forming in 2011, it was impressive enough to mean that I had no choice but to include them in an already strong list of bands from the land ‘down under’.Apparently, I wasn’t the only one to be impressed with ‘The Tide, The Thief & River’s End’ because it received quite a bit of well-deserved critical acclaim and resulted in the quintet inking a deal with one of my all-time favourite record labels, InsideOut. And, based on the output on the simply-titled third album, ‘Bloom’, InsideOut have been rewarded and rewarded handsomely. Allow me to spend the rest of this review explaining why.To those who already enjoy everything that the progressive world throws at us, vocalist Jim Grey will been familiar with the voice at the head of Caligula’s Horse as he also fronts the equally impressive Arcane who have made waves this very year with their double album ‘Known/Learned’. Having listened to both and ‘Bloom’ in particular repeatedly for several days now, I can say that this release is every bit as impressive. It’s quite different of course, but excellent in its own right.The first thing to mention about ‘Bloom’ concerns its length. Featuring eight tracks and with an overall playing time of around 45 minutes, I have a very real feeling that it could have been a little longer, particularly for a prog record. Am I saying that I feel short-changed? No, I’m not, for reasons that will become clear later. Do I feel ever so slightly disappointed by the apparent brevity? A little, yes. But, turn this on its head and this initial gripe becomes a positive in the band’s favour. If I’m wishing the album was longer, it must be enjoyable and full of great music, right? Abso-flippin’-lutely.‘Bloom’ opens with the title track where sounds of an acoustic guitar and nothing else seep into the senses for a few seconds before Jim Grey joins in with his beautiful voice. The melody is simple and effective and the whole thing sounds crystal clear and very rich and vibrant. On the very first listen, I looked across at my other half and, with headphones on, I mouthed ‘oh, this is good’, grinning broadly as I did so. A lovely emotive lead guitar joins the party before the track explodes at the half-way mark. Pummelled by something initially approaching a wall of sound, the melodic intent takes over and in a flash this three-minute opener concludes, seguing seamlessly into ‘Marigold’. There are echoes of other alternative, progressive acts such as Karnivool etc, but ultimately, these are just that; echoes and fleeting similarities within the Caligula’s Horse framework.‘Marigold’ is one of my favourite tracks on the record. It flits majestically between soft, calming melodies to powerful and heavy riffing courtesy of founder Sam Vallen and Zac Greensill that’s stop-start in its approach, thus creating great headbanging fodder. When the track is at its quietest, the richness of the instrumentation is something to behold, enhancing the subtle, beguiling melodies to great effect. And the chorus? It’s a barnstormer that takes a few spins to appreciate fully but once lodged in your head, it’s beautifully infectious. There’s time for a cracking lead guitar solo before the composition is done, as well as some intense work from the rhythm section of Dave Couper’s bass and drummer Jeff Irish.Next up is another firm favourite, ‘Firelight’. As with the two preceding tracks, it packs a myriad of different musical ideas into a composition that lasts under five minutes but does it in such a way that it’s not immediately obvious how much is actually contained within it. It leads to an initial feeling that the music is not actually that ‘progressive’ in the classic term of the word but that merely demonstrates how clever and subtle the compositions really are. There’s a demonstrable Kings Of Leon vibe to much of ‘Firelight’ but if I might be a little cheeky, it sounds like Kings Of Leon could sound if they were as good as Caligula’s Horse. It opens with some lovely layered vocals, whilst the central chorus is utterly compelling and one of the most immediate things I’ve heard during 2015, enhanced by a powerful and passionate performance from Grey behind the mic.The longest track on the record follows in the form of ‘Dragonfly’. Again, it starts relatively quietly but doesn’t take long before the instrumentation is in full swing. The result is another rich, full-sounding and fully satisfying chorus. The song takes many twists and turns throughout its nine minute length including experimentation with properly heavy djent-esque riffing, acoustic breakdowns, Opeth or Katatonia-like mournful guitar flourishes that sit lower in the mix but catch my ear instantly. The instrumental breakdown at the half-way mark is classic prog and the lead guitar flourish that follows is a delight, before dropping away to allow just the piano to continue with the central melody. This song has echoes of Haken to it amongst others but remains totally Caligula’s Horse, closing in a suitably epic and strangely uplifting fashion where the keys play an important role in creating the rousing atmosphere.‘Rust’ is arguably the most intense and angry-sounding track on the record with an angry chorus lyric that is accentuated by an almost snarling Grey, who elsewhere delivers some of his most melodious and captivating work. In the lead-up to the chorus, which again is hook-laden and memorable, the intensity is increased cleverly and an urgency builds palpably. The drumming is some of the most furious on the record and the guitars return to a djent-inspired heaviness, albeit delivering a clever and complex riff.‘Turntail’ opens in almost pop-like fashion thanks to an upbeat melody that is then soon joined by more crunchy, choppy riffs that scratch the itch of those wanting their prog on the heavier end of the spectrum. In no way can Caligula’s Horse be referred to as extreme metal, their output is satisfyingly chunky and robust enough to please the metalheads amongst us. The song then opens just after the mid-point expansively before returning to the opening and highly-addictive pop-like chorus.‘Daughter Of The Mountain’ tops the seven-minute mark and again packs a lot of music in. The bass guitar catches my ear, as it has done throughout as it creates a really positive vibrancy and richness to the whole track, but principally when the bulk of the instruments drop away during the quieter, more introspective moments. In tandem with either a soft acoustic guitar or piano, the bass work is simple and compelling. I may sound like I’m repeating myself, but the chorus is a killer, acting as a seductive earworm to counterpoint the more complex and challenging structures and musical ideas that surround it brilliantly.‘Bloom’ is then concluded via ‘Undergrowth’, an acoustic guitar and vocal number that’s simple, effective and allows a final chance for Grey to stake his claim as one of the most striking vocalists in a genre already awash with great singers.How on Earth do I sum up an album that’s a good as ‘Bloom’ from Caligula’s Horse is? The answer is to not be fancy with the words and be honest. I absolutely adore this record and I consider ‘Bloom’ to be a modern progressive rock/metal behemoth that will leave a hugely positive impression on anyone who likes quality music that is as beautiful as it is subtle and ambitious.

Line Up:

Jim Grey - Lead Vocals
Zac Greensill - Guitar/Vocals
Dave Couper - Bass/Vocals
Geoff Irish - Drums
Sam Vallen - Guitar/Everything Else

Ruwan Sena - Live Audio
Will Hunter - Lighting Design

Tracklist:

1. Bloom
2. Marigold
3. Firelight
4. Dragonfly
5. Rust
6. Turntail
7. Daughter Of The Mountain
8. Undergrowth

+ Video "Firelight" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Caligula's Horse (AUSTRALIA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jan 2024, 11:27

Caligula's Horse - In Contact (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

Named for the prized possession of Rome’s infamous despot, CALIGULA’S HORSE is a progressive alternative rock band from Brisbane, Australia.Channelling the raw honesty of rock and the skill of progressive metal into a seamless voice at once energetic, grand and forthright, CALIGULA’S HORSE offers devotees of all strains of powerful and progressive music something unique.Formed by Sam Vallen and Jim Grey in early 2011, CALIGULA’S HORSE released their debut album “Moments from Ephemeral City” in April of the same year. "Moments" is a colourful and dynamic foray into modern progressive music, at once vital, eclectic, and memorable. It was followed in 2013 by "The Tide, the Thief & River's End", a dark, powerful narrative concept album about isolation, exodus, and the human spirit overcoming insurmountable odds. It received international acclaim in the progressive music sphere, lauded by rock and metal fans alike. The release of "River's End" saw the group undertake an intense touring regime, including dates with the likes of OPETH, TESSERACT, MASTODON, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, PROTEST THE HERO, THE OCEAN, FIREWIND, TWELVE FOOT NINJA, NE OBLIVISCARIS, and hundreds more. But for CALIGULA'S HORSE this is only the beginning. After joining the roster of THE AGENCY GROUP in North America, AMF Publishing in the UK, and signing with the prestigious German record label INSIDE OUT, the band's sights are firmly set on the rest of the world.2015 will see CALIGULA'S HORSE release their third record "Bloom", their most vivid, and emotional work to date. "Bloom" is the perfect mission statement for an act blurring the line between power and reflection; a musical assertion with depth enough for the most dedicated of prog fans, and with fire enough to bring audiences in venues across the world to fury and their voices to unison.

Album:

Caligula’s Horse, a band at the forefront of Australia’s progressive rock scene, has announced the release of their forthcoming fourth studio album "In Contact".As with the band’s acclaimed album "Bloom" before it, "In Contact" sees vocalist Jim Grey and lead guitarist Sam Vallen collaborating closely on the music and lyrics. Vallen comments: “In our creative process every idea is scrutinized, deconstructed and rebuilt in a way that one of us, alone, could never achieve. We’re one another’s harshest critic, but fortunately we’ve done this for long enough now that our inspiration draws us in a similar direction - we can finish each other’s musical sentences, so to speak. And we're lucky that's the case, since 'In Contact' proved to be a much more ambitious undertaking than anything we’d conceived of in the past.”Vocalist Jim Grey adds: "'In Contact' has been an enormous proposition - the stories told in this album feel deeply personal, and we've never been more excited to share a new work with the world. The sounds on this album are dark and adventurous - but without losing the bittersweet and joyful sounds we developed in writing 'Bloom'".As with the band’s second album, "The Tide, The Thief & River’s End", the band decided to hang a concept around the entire record, taking it in a direction that would end up being the opposite of its predecessor. “We decided to create a concept album, but one that came from a more personal place: one that would facilitate our creative needs wherever the journey took us”, Vallen continues. “The broader concept is based around the nature of art - of what it is that sparks creativity and inspiration, a celebration of what connects us as human beings, the shared space across our many differences.”Taking in four separate chapters, each one is dedicated to an individual and their own personal journey and how they express themselves through art. “Each of these artists are reaching for something more in their lives, and while disconnected entirely from one another, they are united by that reach: for a better life, but also for something intangible.”Written between late 2016 and May 2017, the album went through a rapid production / mixing / mastering process encompassing five weeks between May and June. The music felt fresh and the ideas were captured at the peak of their vitality. The music on "In Contact" stretched all of the bands abilities, from the frantic speed and complexity of "Will’s Song (Let the Colours Run)" to the immense scope and variety of the 16-minute album closer, "Graves". This is Caligula’s Horse at their most ambitious and progressive.

Line Up:

Jim Grey - Lead Vocals
Adrian Goleby - Guitar
Dave Couper - Bass/Vocals
Josh Griffin - Drums

Ruwan Sena - Live Audio
Will Hunter - Lighting Design

Tracklist:

01. Dream The Dead
02. Will's Song (Let The Colours Run)
03. The Hands Are The Hardest
04. Love Conquers All
05. Songs For No One
06. Capulet
07. Fill My Heart
08. Inertia And The Weapon Of The Wall
09. The Cannon's Mouth
10. Graves
11. Atlas (Revisited)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jan 2024, 11:27

Caligula's Horse - Rise Radiant (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

Album:

With "Rise Radiant", Caligula’s Horse looks forward to releasing its most focused and potent artistic statement yet, an uncompromising exploration of the human experience dressed in vivid musical colour and virtuosic performances. It is the culmination of the band’s artistic development, concentrating the expressive stylings which have endeared Caligula’s Horse to legions of fans worldwide. But it is also far more. "Rise Radiant" is the Caligula’s Horse sound pushed to its extremes: at once its most ferocious and its most touching, its most expansive and its most condensed, its most poetic and its most vicious. "Rise Radiant" is an anthem for the regeneration of self-belief, an exploration of the themes of legacy and a rallying cry for survival.

Line Up:

Jim Grey - Lead Vocals
Adrian Goleby - Guitar
Dale Prinsse - Bass/Vocals
Josh Griffin - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Tempest 4:49
02. Slow Violence 4:30
03. Salt 7:41
04. Resonate 2:36
05. Oceanrise 4:33
06. Valkyrie 5:09
07. Autumn 7:43
08. The Ascent 10:42
09. Don't Give Up 5:10
10. Message To My Girl 3:53

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jan 2024, 11:35

Caligula's Horse - Charcoal Grace (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 124 mb

Bio:

Album:

Brisbane-based Caligula's Horse has grown into one of the premiere progressive metal bands in the world since the inception in 2011. Combining raw rock power with immense emotional depth, the band returns with sixth studio album "Charcoal Grace", born of the static hopelessness that the pandemic forced upon the band and, indeed, much of the world, these past few years. It is an album reckoning with the experiences and outcomes of this time geared, ultimately, towards catharsis - moving towards a more hopeful future. The title "Charcoal Grace" is described by the band as "the grim allure and strange beauty in stillness, silence and loss". This can be heard through the album's 10-minute opening track "The World Breathes With Me", a mission statement for the album's main themes. Musically, it's a work of contrasts, moving from the lightest ebb to the heaviest flow. Meanwhile, the second track and first single from the album, "Golem", examines struggling with the weight of expectation through the pandemic. It's a heavy song with an emphasis on riffs and driving rhythms. At the center of the album is the 4-part title track suite, a 24-minute opus that pushes deeper into the album's foundational themes: connection, alienation and the ways humanity acts under duress. Musically, it covers every facet of the band's vocabulary: from heavy and dense orchestral-accompanied intensity embodying the song's darkest lyrical ideas, through to soft acoustic-driven moments and introspection. Having spent the last few years unable to fully represent their last album "Rise Radiant" to the world, Caligula's Horse is now ready to take "Charcoal Grace" to the masses in relentless fashion. With this album, Caligula's Horse has made a statement and they're ready for the world to listen.

Line Up:

Jim Grey - Lead Vocals
Dale Prinsse - Bass/Vocals
Josh Griffin - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The World Breathes With Me
02. Golem
03. Charcoal Grace I: Prey
04. Charcoal Grace II: A World Without
05. Charcoal Grace III: Vigil
06. Charcoal Grace IV: Give Me Hell
07. Sails
08. The Stormchaser
09. Mute

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 29 neregistrovaných