Today Was Yesterday (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Today Was Yesterday (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Feb 2024, 12:17

Today Was Yesterday - Today Was Yesterday (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Style : Hard Rock , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Angelo Barbera is an American bass player best known for his work with the Robby Krieger Band and The Doors of the 21st Century.Angelo grew up in southern California and was inspired to take up the bass guitar at the age of 12 after meeting Linda Ronstadt's bass player at a concert. He says that his favorite bass player and biggest influence is John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin. In addition to bass, Barbera can also play guitar and keyboards.During the 1990s, Barbera worked with such musicians and bands as The Motels featuring Martha Davis, Red Square Black, Lita Ford, and Los Angeles based Rock Pop band, Perfect Stranger (band). In 2000, he auditioned for, and joined, the Robby Krieger Band, led by Robby Krieger of The Doors. Later that year, he joined Krieger, Ray Manzarek, and John Densmore in the last full reunion of The Doors on VH1 Storytellers, where they performed with guest singers Scott Stapp, Scott Weiland, Ian Astbury, and Travis Meeks. In 2002, he joined Krieger and Manzarek in their Doors revival band The Doors of the 21st Century (later known as Manzarek-Krieger) and he stayed with them for a few years before being replaced by Phil Chen because of his fear of flying.Since leaving The Doors of the 21st Century, Barbera has worked with his new band I-94 (formerly Bottlefly).

Ty Dennis (born January 19, 1971) is an American drummer best known for his work with The Doors revival bands The Doors of the 21st Century, Manzarek-Krieger, and the Robby Krieger Band.Ty was born in 1971 and grew up in Garden Grove, California, near Disneyland. He graduated from Garden Grove High School, the Argonauts, in 1989. His father is an accomplished jazz drummer. He spent his childhood there before moving to Los Angeles as a teenager.By 1995, Ty became established as a session musician in Los Angeles, playing many styles of music including rock, jazz and fusion. His favorite musician and biggest influence is Herbie Hancock.He spent some time drumming for The Motels featuring Martha Davis when he met bassist Angelo Barbera who was playing bass for the Robby Krieger Band. When the Robby Krieger Band needed a new drummer in 2001 Barbera recommended Ty for the job and he got it. When Stewart Copeland broke his arm after falling off a bicycle in 2003, Dennis filled in for him in The Doors of the 21st Century, the newly reformed version of The Doors which was led by Robby Krieger and organist Ray Manzarek. After playing for them for several months, it became clear that Copeland would not return and Dennis was the new permanent drummer for the band. He has remained with them ever since, throughout all of their name changes.

Album:

Today Was Yesterday, with its 2 core band members and multi-instrumentalists Ty Dennis and Angelo Barbera, is on a mission to create timeless music that transcends genres and generations. The aptly-named powerhouse rock duo's self-titled debut is an imaginative, 10-song collection of prime modern classic rock, featuring Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Alex Lifeson of Rush and Robby Krieger of The Doors as guest guitarists.Today Was Yesterday writes adventurous and smart pop-rock spiritually aligned with NIN, Japan and David Sylvian, Genesis and Peter Gabriel, Tears For Fears, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, and Rush. Its first album features intricate but catchy compositions replete with thrilling virtuosic musical passages, art-rock soundscapes, and meticulous production. Lyrically and conceptually, Today Was Yesterday specialize in the type of metaphorical and poetic lyrics favored by artists such as Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and Rush.Ty had been in house bands for all-star concerts in which Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson was a special guest. In 2022, Ty gave Alex a lift back to his hotel from a club, and Ty played Alex some Today Was Yesterday songs. "Alex said 'I am so impressed by what you're doing, I'd love to be a part of it, if you ever want guitar, but don't feel obligated,'" Ty recalls. "I couldn't believe it!" Alex ended up playing on 6 of the album's 10 tracks.

Line Up:

Angelo Barbera - bass , guitar
Ty Dennis - drums

+ guests:

Alex Lifeson - guitar
Robby Krieger - guitar

Tracklist:

01. GRACE (ft. Alex Lifeson)
02. A Louder Silence (ft. Alex Lifeson)
03. On My Own (ft. Alex Lifeson)
04. I Take All
05. My Dog Is My God (ft. Alex Lifeson)
06. Faceless Faraway Song (ft. Alex Lifeson)
07. If I Fall (Silly Games) (ft. Robby Krieger)
08. Rukus
09. Borrowed
10. My New Low (ft. Alex Lifeson)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 45 neregistrovaných