Robby Valentine (HOLLAND)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Robby Valentine (HOLLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 06:48

Valentine - Androgenius Future (2CD) (2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009
Style : Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 230 mb

Bio:

Robert Kempe (Leusden, December 4, 1968), better known by his stage name Robby Valentine, is a Dutch singer and founder of the band Valentine.Kempe grew up in Leusden. He started his musical career as a keyboard player, but on his later solo albums he took on a large part of the instruments. In addition to various keyboard instruments, he also masters the guitar, bass guitar and drums and percussion. His work is strongly influenced by bands such as Queen, Toto, The Beatles and in his more recent work also by Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Muse and 30 Seconds to Mars. He is the frontman of his band Valentine.Let me take you back to the beginning, how I started to develop my love for music. We had an old upright-piano at home and when I was still busy with my toys and blocks my mother was often playing it. I mostly remember Chopin waltzes and Mozart sonates, which I would hum along to. (so she told me) The piano and a small accordion became favourite toys. When I was 6 I finally was allowed to get real piano-lessons and only a few months later the absolute k.o. was already there on the silver screen. A revelation to me. Late 1975. There he was: Freddie Mercury. Bohemian Rhapsody. Queen! From that day on I knew what I wanted to do with my life: Become a Rock Artist. Not only the sound touched me to the core, the visual aspect was as much as important. It was crystal clear to me, this was my calling. And nothing else would matter.I kept that faith, didn’t even finish high school. So no back-up plan. Fortunately my parents were on my side, supporting me with everything. The best I could ever wish for. Besides Queen there were The Babys who stole my heart, with my other big hero: singer John Waite, Electric Light Orchestra and The Beatles. Those were my biggest influences when I grew up. A few years later I started to play some guitar, but had to admit I was better on the keys. Joined my first ‘real’ band when I was 14, T. Vistix. A ska-reggae pop band. They were the ones to corrupt me with the eye liner. It was 1983, it was allowed, even fashionable for guys in a band. There was my excuse, super-shy as I was I followed their example. And it got a little out of hand in the future.Back to music. One year later we broke up and I joined the rock-band Spoiled Brats which I was a fan of. At that time I started to develop the song writing. And I got the chance to sing a few songs and overcame my shyness in that. With my next melodic-rock band Line we had some modest national success. We reached the finals of the National band contest "The Great Prize Of The Netherlands" and we had a lot of airplay with our single ‘Solitary Nite’. Even appeared on the legendary Dutch pop program ‘TOPPOP’. I left Line to form a new melodic-rock group called 1 st Avenue. Did a lot of gigs in Holland from 1987 until 1989. Well on our way I grew a big frustration as just being the ‘posing’ and jumping idiot behind the rack of keyboards. But because of bronchitis, hay fever I thought I had to forget about my dream to become also a lead singer. But the hunger for that just was unbearably huge and I realized I had no choice to do all I could to overcome that handicap as much as possible.So during the recordings of 1 st Avenue’s debut album I left the band to start a solo-career. It took 6 months of demo-ing until I signed to Polydor. In the meantime of writing and recording more songs for my solo debut I became a temporary member of Zinatra. Recorded the album ‘The Great Escape’ with them. Did some radio and TV and a toured Holland from late`89 untill early`91.Fall 1990: The recording of ‘Robby Valentine’ with producer/engineer Erwin Musper in the famous Wisseloord studios. It took 2 years from signing the deal until the release. In the mean time I met my current manager Willem de Bois who ‘heard’ a hit single in the piano ballad ‘Over and Over Again’ which I planned for a b-side. He advised me to turn it into a Rock-Ballad. So I did make a demo and the ball started to roll. They asked my favourite American producer/engineer Humberto Gattica to do the song and he accepted. Recorded in Holland with engineer Attie Bauw (who later that year did 2 nd single Love "Takes Me higher" with me) and mixed in Los Angeles (studio Ground Control). It was released as my first single in the autumn of 1991 and became a hit in the Netherlands and several Asian countries.Formed a great live-band to tour Holland in the first half of 1992. Bass: Arthur Polini, Guitars: Rob Winter, Drums: Hans Eijkenaar, Keyboards: John Ewbank. We also did lots of radio and TV shows. We rehearsed a lot on the harmony-vocals, since it was such a big aspect in my music. On the recordings I layered my own voice endlessly together with my friend Johan Willems. But that was of course impossible to reproduce on stage. However in those days it was against the law to play with back-up tapes for live. And I didn’t want to have a backing-vocal group on stage. That would take the whole ‘rock & roll’ band feeling down to a family affair. So each band member had to be able to sing as well. And not to mention accepting me terrorizing them. They took great pride in it and did a fantastic job. We were ace. Those were the days.In 1993 we recorded the 2 nd album "The Magic Infinity" with Pim Koopman and John Sonneveld, again in Wisseloord. We were offered to do the German leg of the 1993 Brian May – Back To The Light tour. That was our absolute dream come true. But the problem was, we didn’t have a drummer. 4 days before the first show we found Juan van Emmerloot. He turned out to be the perfect drummer for my music, and saved the day. Also with the extra help of Johan for backing-vocals, the Valentine-band sounded better than ever and that tour became one of the highlights of my musical-life. However unfortunately soon after that we grew apart, except for new drummer Juan, and I recorded most of the following record by myself again. During that time, 1994, Polydor Japan released my first 2 albums. Invited me for a fantastic promotion tour. We still played some nice gigs in Holland and Belgium including a huge outdoor event "Mega Music Rock Experience" with headliner Aerosmith.But one year later after finishing the 3 rd album ‘Valentine’ (1995) the band disbanded. A few tracks on that album were recorded and mixed by John Tilly and some others mixed by British engineer Matt Butler, both at Wisseloord. I was offered to come back to Japan for live-concerts. So had to form a new live band. The new line-up became: Guitars: Vinnie Kay, Bass: Bert Dijkema, Keyboards: Giovanni Pileri, Drums: Juan. After 2 months of intensive rehearsals, some try out gigs in Holland, we went to Japan. (Spring 1996) It was the best musical experience so far, performing for this fantastic Japanese audience. The band was real tight and they also did a great job on the harmony vocals.Back home I started to write and record the 4 th album ‘United’, and returned to Osaka-Japan to write most of the songs. Most of it was mixed by Matt Butler, at the Wisseloord studios. It came out in Japan, June 1997. Went back for promotion. But times had changed drastically. My dad passed away.End of 1997 Japan released mini x-mas album ‘Christmas In Heaven’. 1998, No Sugar Added. I had a hard time getting myself inspired enough to write a complete new album so I re-recorded a few songs from the past.Fall 1998 I teamed up with Valensia Clarkson to start ‘V. We signed a 3 album contract with Universal Japan and the first saw the light of day in the summer of 1999. Recorded with Juan van Emmerloot and David Clarkson, Valensia’s brother, on drums. Mixed and recorded by Holger Schwedt at Wisseloord and Bullit Sound. Later that year we went to Japan for concerts. The line up: Drums: Juan, Bass: Patrick Buys, Vocals-Guitar: Valensia, Vocals-Piano-Gtr: Me.In 2000 I made the "Believing Is Seeing" album. Recorded the basics ‘live’ in the studio, with again Juan on drums, at Fendal Soundstudio’s by Hans van Vondelen. He also mixed the album. It was released in November from that year. In 2001 I recorded my half of the 2 nd V-album. Released summer 2002.From the Autumn of 2002 till Autumn 2003 I made the "The Most Beautiful Pain". Right after that I started a side-project named Kyssmet. For this I wanted to find a female vocalist instead of singing the lead myself. Through my friend Peter Strykes I found Filipina singer Alyss Andico. She was the perfect singer, everything I hoped for to find for the project. We recorded the Kyssmet album in 2004.Also at that time I teamed up again with Valensia to do the 3 rd V album: NYMPHOPSYCHOSCHIZOPHONIC. End of 2004 I recorded another solo album with the working title: "Who Killed Robby Valentine ?" But just lately I realized I’m not dead yet after all. I hope to have some information very soon according the release of the albums to begin with the long awaited "The Most Beautiful Pain".

Album:

To support his comeback to touring, some years ago Robby VALENTINE put out "Androgrenius", a two CD release subtitled 'Past' and 'Future'. The past decade, after a break Robby Valentine returned with the album The Most Beautiful Pain, a very diverse record. Still heavily influenced by Queen but also many different other styles of music even including the theme to Back To The Future. A year later Falling Down In Misanthropolis was released, a much darker sounding album,. Sadly this album was also only released in Japan so the market in Europe was deprived of a good album.So "Androgrenius" is a compilation album which leans heavily on these last two albums plus new recordings, originally only available from his website and concerts. Now it's available world wide with this 2018 reissue.When Robby Valentine created this compilation album he did not just grab a bunch of songs to be scattered in random order on some shiny discs.This disc called "Future" represents Robby's harder / modern / guitar driven side and showing the new direction he wanted to take with his band.'Save Myself' features Dutch Idols star Marlies. She made an acoustic album which was written, arranged and produced by Robby and in the future they would collaborate in a band called Aniday.People expecting another romantic love ballad will be in for a surprise as '4th Rate Razorback' is a dark rock song with many bombastic elements and a catchy chorus. It sounds very modern and a chorus with a "Nanananananahahah" preceded by some glam rock Def Leppard style. Many well known elements welded together in a good rock song.'I Should Have Known Better' also represents the darker part of Valentine, the lyrics are about the betrayal of a loved one. A little more glamour because of the flashy sounds and a high multi vocal Queen-like chorus.'Over And Over... Again' is a rebuild version of his hit-single - slow and heavy this song strolls on slowly, increasing in pace and energy and very different from the piano ballad it used to be.The intro to 'Falling Down' could have been stolen from Queen, the rest of the song maybe too? Following this is 'Make Way [For The Messenger]', a sing-a-long hard rock song. Live it is sung by Peter Strykes, former Vandenberg vocalist, he is a guest musician on the album but sadly not for this song.Now Robby is a very good piano player which he shows in the 'Piano Solo' with classical influences from Chopin and Tchaikovsky.'A New World' and 'I'm Going Under [Sedated]' are both rock songs from The Most Beautiful Pain, whereas 'Fear Of Heights' is also rocking song in but more bluesy. Not only live, but also on this this recording Peter Strykes contributes to the vocals giving it just that bit of extra power.The next two song are covers. First 'SOS' from Abba is sung by bass-player Lilo - this version during the chorus is a bit faster than the original version, a real killer live song. The next is of course a song from Queen, 'Flick Of The Wrist'.'Exodus Elephantes' is a short heavy guitar piece, the closing song off The Most Beautiful Pain. Can't tell why but I just really like this piece, gives me goosebumps, always.'I Can't Get Over You' is a great grand piano ballad with a lovely atmosphere.If you missed 'Androgenius / Future' back in the day this is your opportunity to discover a great selection of songs, not just an ordinary 'best of'. So tracks were remixed so are not the same of the the original albums

Line Up:

Keyboards, Backing Vocals [The Valentine Band] – Johan 'Jay-Jay' Willems
Bass [The Valentine Band] – Liselotte 'Lilo' Hegt
Drums [The Valentine Band] – André Borgman
Drums – Juan Van Emmerloot, Matt Butler
Guitar, Violin [Violtar], Backing Vocals– Cyril Whistler
Harmony Vocals – Johan Willems, Valensia Clarkson, Vinnie Kay
Drums & Piano – Hans van Vondelen
Guest Vocals – Marlies Schuitemaker (1), Sigrid Slagmolen (6), Lilo(11), Peter Strykes (tracks: 9, 10)
Lead Vocals, Harmony Vocals, Piano, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Sampler, Programmed By, Percussion – Robby Valentine

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Save Myself [Alternate Version]
02. 4th Rate Razorback
03. I Should Have Known Better
04. Over and Over…again
05. Falling Down
06. Make Way (For the Messenger)
07. Piano Solo
08. A New World
09. I'm Going Under (Sedated)
10. Fear of Heights
11. S.O.S. [Alternate Version]
12. Flick of the Wrist
13. Exodus Elephantes
14. I Can't Get over You

CD2:

01. Back to the Future Theme
02. The Magic Breeze (2008)
03. What in the World I’m Waiting For
04. Over and over Again (2008)
05. No Turning Back (2008)
06. Dear Dad
07. She (Abandoned Heart)
08. Just a Dream (Someone Sold the World)
09. I Believe in Music
10. The Cold and Lonely Lie
11. Visionary Victim
12. The Way to Get Home
13. Believing Is Seeing
14. Rock Me Like a Hurricane
15. I Believe in You (2008)
16. Rise and Shine (The Victory Anthem)

+ Video "Save Myself" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Robby Valentine (HOL)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:18

Robby Valentine - You're Tearing Me Down (Single) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Robert Kempe (Leusden, December 4, 1968), better known by his stage name Robby Valentine, is a Dutch singer and founder of the band Valentine.Kempe grew up in Leusden. He started his musical career as a keyboard player, but on his later solo albums he took on a large part of the instruments. In addition to various keyboard instruments, he also masters the guitar, bass guitar and drums and percussion. His work is strongly influenced by bands such as Queen, Toto, The Beatles and in his more recent work also by Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Muse and 30 Seconds to Mars. He is the frontman of his band Valentine.Let me take you back to the beginning, how I started to develop my love for music. We had an old upright-piano at home and when I was still busy with my toys and blocks my mother was often playing it. I mostly remember Chopin waltzes and Mozart sonates, which I would hum along to. (so she told me) The piano and a small accordion became favourite toys. When I was 6 I finally was allowed to get real piano-lessons and only a few months later the absolute k.o. was already there on the silver screen. A revelation to me. Late 1975. There he was: Freddie Mercury. Bohemian Rhapsody. Queen! From that day on I knew what I wanted to do with my life: Become a Rock Artist. Not only the sound touched me to the core, the visual aspect was as much as important. It was crystal clear to me, this was my calling. And nothing else would matter.I kept that faith, didn’t even finish high school. So no back-up plan. Fortunately my parents were on my side, supporting me with everything. The best I could ever wish for. Besides Queen there were The Babys who stole my heart, with my other big hero: singer John Waite, Electric Light Orchestra and The Beatles. Those were my biggest influences when I grew up. A few years later I started to play some guitar, but had to admit I was better on the keys. Joined my first ‘real’ band when I was 14, T. Vistix. A ska-reggae pop band. They were the ones to corrupt me with the eye liner. It was 1983, it was allowed, even fashionable for guys in a band. There was my excuse, super-shy as I was I followed their example. And it got a little out of hand in the future.Back to music. One year later we broke up and I joined the rock-band Spoiled Brats which I was a fan of. At that time I started to develop the song writing. And I got the chance to sing a few songs and overcame my shyness in that. With my next melodic-rock band Line we had some modest national success. We reached the finals of the National band contest "The Great Prize Of The Netherlands" and we had a lot of airplay with our single ‘Solitary Nite’. Even appeared on the legendary Dutch pop program ‘TOPPOP’. I left Line to form a new melodic-rock group called 1 st Avenue. Did a lot of gigs in Holland from 1987 until 1989. Well on our way I grew a big frustration as just being the ‘posing’ and jumping idiot behind the rack of keyboards. But because of bronchitis, hay fever I thought I had to forget about my dream to become also a lead singer. But the hunger for that just was unbearably huge and I realized I had no choice to do all I could to overcome that handicap as much as possible.So during the recordings of 1 st Avenue’s debut album I left the band to start a solo-career. It took 6 months of demo-ing until I signed to Polydor. In the meantime of writing and recording more songs for my solo debut I became a temporary member of Zinatra. Recorded the album ‘The Great Escape’ with them. Did some radio and TV and a toured Holland from late`89 untill early`91.Fall 1990: The recording of ‘Robby Valentine’ with producer/engineer Erwin Musper in the famous Wisseloord studios. It took 2 years from signing the deal until the release. In the mean time I met my current manager Willem de Bois who ‘heard’ a hit single in the piano ballad ‘Over and Over Again’ which I planned for a b-side. He advised me to turn it into a Rock-Ballad. So I did make a demo and the ball started to roll. They asked my favourite American producer/engineer Humberto Gattica to do the song and he accepted. Recorded in Holland with engineer Attie Bauw (who later that year did 2 nd single Love "Takes Me higher" with me) and mixed in Los Angeles (studio Ground Control). It was released as my first single in the autumn of 1991 and became a hit in the Netherlands and several Asian countries.Formed a great live-band to tour Holland in the first half of 1992. Bass: Arthur Polini, Guitars: Rob Winter, Drums: Hans Eijkenaar, Keyboards: John Ewbank. We also did lots of radio and TV shows. We rehearsed a lot on the harmony-vocals, since it was such a big aspect in my music. On the recordings I layered my own voice endlessly together with my friend Johan Willems. But that was of course impossible to reproduce on stage. However in those days it was against the law to play with back-up tapes for live. And I didn’t want to have a backing-vocal group on stage. That would take the whole ‘rock & roll’ band feeling down to a family affair. So each band member had to be able to sing as well. And not to mention accepting me terrorizing them. They took great pride in it and did a fantastic job. We were ace. Those were the days.In 1993 we recorded the 2 nd album "The Magic Infinity" with Pim Koopman and John Sonneveld, again in Wisseloord. We were offered to do the German leg of the 1993 Brian May – Back To The Light tour. That was our absolute dream come true. But the problem was, we didn’t have a drummer. 4 days before the first show we found Juan van Emmerloot. He turned out to be the perfect drummer for my music, and saved the day. Also with the extra help of Johan for backing-vocals, the Valentine-band sounded better than ever and that tour became one of the highlights of my musical-life. However unfortunately soon after that we grew apart, except for new drummer Juan, and I recorded most of the following record by myself again. During that time, 1994, Polydor Japan released my first 2 albums. Invited me for a fantastic promotion tour. We still played some nice gigs in Holland and Belgium including a huge outdoor event "Mega Music Rock Experience" with headliner Aerosmith.But one year later after finishing the 3 rd album ‘Valentine’ (1995) the band disbanded. A few tracks on that album were recorded and mixed by John Tilly and some others mixed by British engineer Matt Butler, both at Wisseloord. I was offered to come back to Japan for live-concerts. So had to form a new live band. The new line-up became: Guitars: Vinnie Kay, Bass: Bert Dijkema, Keyboards: Giovanni Pileri, Drums: Juan. After 2 months of intensive rehearsals, some try out gigs in Holland, we went to Japan. (Spring 1996) It was the best musical experience so far, performing for this fantastic Japanese audience. The band was real tight and they also did a great job on the harmony vocals.Back home I started to write and record the 4 th album ‘United’, and returned to Osaka-Japan to write most of the songs. Most of it was mixed by Matt Butler, at the Wisseloord studios. It came out in Japan, June 1997. Went back for promotion. But times had changed drastically. My dad passed away.End of 1997 Japan released mini x-mas album ‘Christmas In Heaven’. 1998, No Sugar Added. I had a hard time getting myself inspired enough to write a complete new album so I re-recorded a few songs from the past.Fall 1998 I teamed up with Valensia Clarkson to start ‘V. We signed a 3 album contract with Universal Japan and the first saw the light of day in the summer of 1999. Recorded with Juan van Emmerloot and David Clarkson, Valensia’s brother, on drums. Mixed and recorded by Holger Schwedt at Wisseloord and Bullit Sound. Later that year we went to Japan for concerts. The line up: Drums: Juan, Bass: Patrick Buys, Vocals-Guitar: Valensia, Vocals-Piano-Gtr: Me.In 2000 I made the "Believing Is Seeing" album. Recorded the basics ‘live’ in the studio, with again Juan on drums, at Fendal Soundstudio’s by Hans van Vondelen. He also mixed the album. It was released in November from that year. In 2001 I recorded my half of the 2 nd V-album. Released summer 2002.From the Autumn of 2002 till Autumn 2003 I made the "The Most Beautiful Pain". Right after that I started a side-project named Kyssmet. For this I wanted to find a female vocalist instead of singing the lead myself. Through my friend Peter Strykes I found Filipina singer Alyss Andico. She was the perfect singer, everything I hoped for to find for the project. We recorded the Kyssmet album in 2004.Also at that time I teamed up again with Valensia to do the 3 rd V album: NYMPHOPSYCHOSCHIZOPHONIC. End of 2004 I recorded another solo album with the working title: "Who Killed Robby Valentine ?" But just lately I realized I’m not dead yet after all. I hope to have some information very soon according the release of the albums to begin with the long awaited "The Most Beautiful Pain".

Album:

Multi-talented Dutch phenomenon ROBBY VALENTINE have ready his 10th studio album “Bizarro World” which has been made via an online direct-to-fan system similar to PledgeMusic. Those who have sponsored the release are receiving their CD today (at least, when you live in The Netherlands). The album will be available at regular retailers soon.Meanwhile, Robby has released the single “You’re Tearing Me Down” via iTunes presenting as b-side a piano version of the song not to be included into the album.Here not only we have the physical edition of the single (for promotion only) but also 3 tracks from “Bizarro World”.“You Are Tearing Me Down” is a classic Robby Valentine song with his trademark cadence, a beautiful orchestrated midtempo with a commercial melody and a radio approach. The alternate, b-side version is more piano focused, but not less compelling.Title track “Bizarro World” is a pumping, epic and bombastic number. This anthem is exactly what can be expected when you buy a Robby Valentine album, who, by the way, has returned to the ‘Robby Valentine’ moniker as performing artist after almost 20 years of using just ‘Valentine’.“Close The Door” will delight fans of Robby first album, a terrific melodic rocker driven by an edgy riff and plenty of keys and harmony vocals.Last advance track “Deadbeat Boy” has a lot of Robby’s main influence; Queen. It’s a quirky rocker with elaborated vocals / choruses as Brian May & Co used to create in the mid-seventies.Written, arranged, performed and produced by Robby Valentine himself (with additional harmony vocals only on three songs) “Bizarro World” will be one of the albums of the year.Diverse, thrilling, amazing… that’s how it is Robby Valentine’s art. The fact that all instruments are played by only one person clearly shows the world how talented Robby Valentine is.One of the most underestimated artists out there, and one of the most valuable.

Line Up:

Robby Valentine - vocals , guitars

Tracklist:

01. You're Tearing Me Down
02. You're Tearing Me Down (piano version) [non-album track]
03. Bizarro World (Extra Bonus Track)
04. Close The Door (Extra Bonus Track)
05. Deadbeat Boy (Extra Bonus Track)

+ Video "Bizarro World" (Promo)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:20

Valentine - Bizarro World (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 163 mb

Bio:

Album:

Multi-talent phenomenon, Robby Valentine presents his 10th studio album, BIZARRO WORLD!Valentine is best known from his 90’s chart topping hit, ‘Over and Over Again’. Mark your calendars for October 25, 2014 as that is when BIZARRO WORLD will be unleashed on an eager public. With support of an amazing band, Andre Borgman (Drums), Paul Coenradie (Guitar), Luuk van Gerven (Bass Guitar), Johan 'Jay Jay' Willems (keys, backing vocals), rest assured this will be an unforgettable show! This unique album is a bizarre mix of Pop and Rock genres! Although Valentine’s career in the Netherlands was promising; his music touched many; including a long running success in Japan.Multi-talented Dutch phenomenon ROBBY VALENTINE have ready his 10th studio album "Bizarro World" which has been made via an online direct-to-fan system similar to PledgeMusic. Those who have sponsored the release are receiving their CD today (at least, when you live in The Netherlands). The album will be available at regular retailers soon.Meanwhile, Robby has released the single "You're Tearing Me Down" via iTunes presenting as b-side a piano version of the song not to be included into the album.Here not only we have the physical edition of the single (for promotion only) but also 3 tracks from "Bizarro World"."You Are Tearing Me Down" is a classic Robby Valentine song with his trademark cadence, a beautiful orchestrated midtempo with a commercial melody and a radio approach. The alternate, b-side version is more piano focused, but not less compelling.Title track "Bizarro World" is a pumping, epic and bombastic number. This anthem is exactly what can be expected when you buy a Robby Valentine album, who, by the way, has returned to the 'Robby Valentine' moniker as performing artist after almost 20 years of using just 'Valentine'.Close The Door" will delight fans of Robby first album, a terrific melodic rocker driven by an edgy riff and plenty of keys and harmony vocals.Last advance track "Deadbeat Boy" has a lot of Robby's main influence; Queen. It's a quirky rocker with elaborated vocals / choruses as Brian May & Co used to create in the mid-seventies.Written, arranged, performed and produced by Robby Valentine himself (with additional harmony vocals only on three songs) "Bizarro World" will be one of the albums of the year.Diverse, thrilling, amazing... that's how it is Robby Valentine's art. The fact that all instruments are played by only one person clearly shows the world how talented Robby Valentine is.

Line Up:

Robby Valentine (Vocals, Keyboards)
Paul Coenradie (Guitar)
Johan "Jay Jay" Willems (Keyboards, Backing Vocals)
Luuk van Gerven (Bass)
Andre Borgman (Drums)

Tracklist:

01. Interlude Bizarre (2:05)
02. Bizarro World (4:16)
03. Rockstar (4:21)
04. You're Tearing Me Down (3:22)
05. Deadbeat Boy (3:07)
06. Schizophonicated (4:28)
07. Trip To The Moon (3:57)
08. Close The Door (3:08)
09. From Dusk Till Dawn (3:19)
10. Save Our Souls (4:13)
11. Black Rain (4:51)
12. The Mistake (5:17)

+ Video "Bizarro World" (Teaser)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:32

Robby Valentine - Black Rain (Maxi-Single) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Size : 128 mb

Bio:

Album:

Only few weeks after the release of his celebrated comeback, Dutch phenomenon ROBBY VALENTINE is presenting new material, the "Black Rain EP".This is what years ago was called maxi-single, featuring the cut "Black Rain" (Album Version) plus its Radio Edit and a very different take of the song on the 'Acoustic Version".As plus we have an extended version of "Deadbeat Boy", one of my favorite tracks from 'Bizarro World'.The releaseparty of the EP will be held the 14th of February, of course, the Valentine's Day...

Line Up:

Robby Valentine (Vocals, Keyboards)
Paul Coenradie (Guitar)
Johan "Jay Jay" Willems (Keyboards, Backing Vocals)
Luuk van Gerven (Bass)
Andre Borgman (Drums)

Tracklist:

01. Black Rain
02. Deadbeat Boy (extended version)
03. Black Rain (acoustic version)
04. Black Rain (radio edit)

+ Video "Black Rain" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:34

Robby Valentine - Robby Valentine (1992) (Japan HR/HM 1000 Ediition 2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Japan Remastered Limited Edition 2018)
Size : 202 mb

Bio:

Album:

Universal Music Japan has started this year a curious but more than welcomed campaign: the reissue of long time out of print albums from their catalog titled 'HR/HM 1000', that meaning Hard Rock / Heavy Metal at the price of 1000 Yen = about 9,5 USD.And it's curious because these series focus on the 'commercially less successful' albums from each band, which, anyway, were long time out of print.It's not the case with ROBBY VALENTINE self-titled debut "Robby Valentine", a successful album when released (especially in Japan and Europe) yet not easy to find at decent price."Robby Valentine", in short, is a must have CD.Having left awesome AOR / melodic hard rock outfit Zinatra, Robby put forward his solo career in 1991.The “Robby Valentine” debut would effectively establish Robby’s unique brand of adult oriented rock which is often characterized as technical melodic rock or progressive AOR.In fact, most songs on this 1992 debut could be regarded both as songs and musical pieces.Valentine opens on the ambitious “The magic breeze”, a landmark in orchestral adult oriented rock, totally indicative of the songwriter’s musical ability and artistic orientation.“One day” is a melodic rock classic tune in book, and there's of course the Queen-esque “The Gift of life”, a trademark in this Dutch musician.Form there onwards you get the dramatic “Heaven is calling”, the potential mega-hit uber catchy “Broken Dreams”, and the stimulating “Heaven is calling”, another melodic rock / AOR gem.And yes, we have here the superb ballad “Over and over again”, Robby's hit with its classy Scandinavian feel.A great part of the album’s appeal is to be attributed to the fact that all instruments shine on each and every arrangement, with guitars, bass and drums being crucial elements to the end result - even though the overall songwriting is based on keyboards.This reissue is not remastered, but this Japanese 2018 release sounds fantastic. It may be the new digital transfer technique - which augment the signal / Dynamic Range - so believe me, it's incredibly clear and powerful. This really improves all the previous versions of this terrific album.Additionally, you have the original 2 Japanese bonus tracks, and at the price of $10, this is a mandatory purchase."Robby Valentine" is a melodic rock / AOR diamond, the Dutch's masterpiece and a must have in your collection.

Line Up:

Robby Valentine - Lead vocals, grand-piano, synths, guitar
Arthur Polini - bass, background vocals
Rob Winter - lead guitar
Hans Eijkenaar - drums
John Ewbank - add. keyboards

Tracklist:

01. The Magic Breeze 6:19
02. Broken Dreams 3:43
03. Live Your Life 4:55
04. One Day 3:07
05. The Gift of Life 5:12
06. Over and Over Again 4:18
07. Heaven Is Callin' 4:58
08. I'm Searchin' 4:21
09. Here, There and Everywhere 4:05
10. Angel 4:16
11. Love Is Alive 3:57
12. I Believe in You 6:55
13. Love Takes Me Higher 3:44
14. I Can't Stand Another Day With You 3:31 (Japan Bonus Track)
15. Valentine's Overture Part I 10:55 (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Over and Over Again" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:38

Valentine - The Queen Album (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 182 mb

Bio:

Album:

Because his first two Queen tribute albums ‘A tribute to Queen 1′ (2011) en ‘A Tribute to Queen 2′ (2012) are sold out but a few, Robby Valentine has decided to combine these two albums, together with 5 brand-new recorded songs into his ultimate Queen tribute record: ‘The Queen album’

Line Up:

Robby Valentine – piano, guitar & vocals
Kristoffer Gildenl’w – bas & vocals
Paul Coenradie – guitar & vocals
Andr’ Borgman – drums
Marlies Schuitemaker – vocals

Tracklist:

01. Bohemian Rhapsody
02. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
03. Save Me
04. Flick Of The Wrist
05. Lily Of The Valley
06. Don’t Stop Me Now
07. Killer Queen
08. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
09. Ogre Battle
10. All Dead, All Dead
11. Mustapha
12. Fat Bottomed Girls
13. Jealousy
14. Bicycle Race
15. ’39
16. Tie Your Mother Down
17. Dear Friends
18. Seven Seas Of Rhye
19. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
20. Under Pressure
21. Somebody To Love
22. We Will Rock You
23. We Are The Champions
24. God Save The Queen

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:40

Valentine - The Alliance (Japan Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 108 mb

Bio:

Album:

And finally it's here: "The Alliance" (this Japan Edition with an exclusive bonus track], 11th album from Netherlands’ borderline genius musician, Robby VALENTINE, and what an accomplished affair it is.The vocalist / multi-instrumentalist has come through considerable personal turmoil these last few years, reflected here in a recording that is equal parts constructive artiness, romantic longing and bleak reflection.Thankfully, the passage of time has done nothing to cloud his musical vision... "The Alliance" is jam packed with the jaw droppingly intricate, hypnotic vocal arrangements that we’ve come to expect.But this is now, and Valentine’s songwriting and production, percolated through years of experience, hard won success and debilitating illness, are the creation of an older, wiser artist.That said, as usual, he returns from his regular lightning raids into Queen territory mixed with intelligent, elaborated melodic rock hooks.Like the cathartic ‘Black Dog’, demonstrating a welcome loosening of Valentine’s previously heavy production grip, sketching it around a lone piano, then adding layers of percussion and stabs of airy brass. Or ‘Sons Of America’, where the rat-a-tat verses climax in a chorus of Queen-like bombastic magnificence.Elsewhere, the never-knowingly-underdone arrangements and production have largely been streamlined, pared down. Where previously he trowelled on the gloss, the stacked harmonies and layered guitars of ‘Judgement Day’, ‘Soldiers Of Light’ and ‘Masters Of Our Minds’ now shimmer and swirl under a thin veneer of polish… and on an album arguably among his best work, even those tracks are outdone by two others.The first, the bittersweet, relentlessly melodic ode to his daughter, ‘Eleanor Robyn’, stays the right side of sentimentality, becoming an angelic AOR hymn, seemingly beamed down from the genre’s peak moments in the Eighties.‘Running On Empty’ even surpasses that. It’s a bona fide rock&pop concerto, gliding along on the rich tonal arrangements of Valentine’s invented orchestra, punctuated by awesome harmonies and hard rock guitars, rising to a memorably melodic third section and an operatic knockout punch. It adds greatly to an album of more depth and substance than we may have expected.While Robby Valentine has a unique, unmistakable sound & style - you know when a RV is bein played - this talented muscian never repeat himself."The Alliance" might just be Robby Valentine’s Magnum Opus, and easily, one of 'Album Of The Year' for me.

Line Up:

Robby Valentine (Vocals,Guitar)
Andre Borgman (Drums)
Paul Coenradie (Guitar)
Luuk van Gerven (Bass)
Johan 'Jay Jay' Willems (keys, backing vocals)

Tracklist:

01. The Alliance Theme
02. Judgement Day
03. Black Dog
04. Sons Of America
05. Running On Empty
06. High As A Kite (Japan Bonus Track)
07. Eleanor Robyn
08. Soldiers Of Light
09. The Bitter End
10. Masters Of Our Minds
11. Remember Who You Are

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:41

Robby Valentine - Separate Worlds (2020) (Japan Edition 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020 (Japan Edition 2021)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 148 mb

Bio:

Album:

Who doesn't know the hit single 'Over and Over Again' from 1992 that put Robby on the map? The pop-infused melodic rock caught on and Robby was on his way to greater fame. But fate decided otherwise. Robby remained popular in Japan, but continued to release albums at regular intervals. When the album "Peter Strykes sings Robby Valentine" was released in 2007, fans wondered how those songs would sound if Robby sang them himself. Robby had long wanted to show his true emotions with these autobiographical songs. In these Covid-19 times, the time seemed right and he re-recorded six songs from that album. On this album, Robby actually did everything himself. From composing to recording, musical support, production and final mix of the whole thing.Everyone knows that Robby has more or less grown together with his piano and this instrument lends itself perfectly to support emotions. Musically, the similarities with the 'old' album are very strong, but Robby has added quite some depth. Everything sounds grander. Peter had a voice that displayed more power, but Robby puts more true emotions in his singing. Invincible' has become a gem.Also during 'Where Did My Heart Go' Robby's voice immediately takes you on an emotionally charged trip. The flamenco guitar and the almost South American sounding percussion together with the choir are much better expressed here. The song grabs me by the throat and a few stray tears even flow down my right cheek while listening. On top of all this, you have to take the time to follow the lyrics (video can be found on his facebook).The songs sound a lot more bombastic and the musical setting sounds great with a warm full mix. Santa Zorra' is a good example of that. Besides two more songs from the 'old' album, Robby has added five piano compositions. Robby has been struggling with his visual capacities for quite some time now. His sight is extremely limited at the moment and he cannot even read music notes anymore, let alone rehearse new piano pieces. But he knows these works by Chopin and Rimsky-Korsakov ('Flight of the Bumblebee') by heart. That's why he wanted to record them, while he still can. However, the songs fit perfectly with the feeling that his own songs evoke.Conclusion: This album, in short, is a succession of 45 minutes of musical emotions. It is an album that is a complete turnaround from Robby's previous work. But we all know that as a Queen fan, he has lost his heart to the piano. If you are not averse to a thick streak of piano poured over emotionally charged vocals, you will find this a tough listen. I also think this is a perfect album to escape from these modern times. You can order the album from Robby himself and it will also be available as vinyl next year.

Line Up:

Keyboards, Backing Vocals [The Valentine Band] – Johan 'Jay-Jay' Willems
Bass [The Valentine Band] – Liselotte 'Lilo' Hegt
Drums [The Valentine Band] – André Borgman
Drums – Juan Van Emmerloot, Matt Butler
Guitar, Violin [Violtar], Backing Vocals– Cyril Whistler
Harmony Vocals – Johan Willems, Valensia Clarkson, Vinnie Kay
Drums & Piano – Hans van Vondelen
Guest Vocals – Marlies Schuitemaker (1), Sigrid Slagmolen (6), Lilo(11), Peter Strykes (tracks: 9, 10)
Lead Vocals, Harmony Vocals, Piano, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Sampler, Programmed By, Percussion – Robby Valentine

Tracklist:

01. Separate Worlds
02. Invincible
03. Where Did My Heart Go
04. How Could I Touch the Sky
05. Santa Zorra
06. Waltz in C# Minor
07. Nocturne in C# Minor
08. I Can't Live Without You
09. Flight of the Bumblebee
10. Waltz in D-flat Major
11. Nocturne in E-flat Major
12. Winding Road
13. Where Did My Heart Go (Piano Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
14. How Could I Touch The Sky (Piano Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
15. Santa Zorra (Piano Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
16. Invincible (Piano Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
17. Separate Worlds (Piano Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 07:42

Robby Valentine - The Beatles Album (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Size : 106 mb

Bio:

Album:

ROBBY VALENTINE is a musical centipede who has already released many releases under his own name and with others. Also a man who was never guided by what others thought or thought was better for him. His albums have always had a bombastic slant with quite a bit of Queen and classical influences.Queen was his first love as a kid, then Electric Light Orchestra followed, and at the age of twelve The Beatles treasure chest opened to him. The band that ultimately influenced Robby’s two first loves. A journey of discovery in reverse order.After releasing excellent Queen covers, for Robby it was a logical step to record a Beatles album. The project was primarily a private exercise for Valentine, born out of a fascination with The Beatles’ work and some of Lennon’s solo songs. But the stock of recordings grew and Robby suddenly had a collection of eleven Beatles songs.So it’s here; “The Beatles Album” was released at the end last year, only 300 CDs, the only format available.These incredible songs take a new life in Valentine hands. And the Dutch genius still has sense of humor despite his health troubles. The album’s art is an ‘Abbey Road’ parody in which he bravely shows how his life has changed in recent years. We see Robby crossing the road with dark sunglasses and a guide stick for the blind, pulling a cart with instruments.Due to an eye disease, Robby Valentine is now practically blind. But he learned to play the piano and guitar again, and never will stop creating music.

Line Up:

Robby Valentine – vocals, all instruments
Rob Winter – programming, guitar

Tracklist:

01. Let It Be
02. Yesterday
03. Something
04. Eleanor Rigby
05. Penny Lane
06. Jealous Guy
07. Come Together
08. Fool On The Hill
09. Imagine
10. With A Little Help From My Friends
11. Hey Jude

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Okt 2023, 06:11

Robby Valentine - Embrace The Unknown (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Size : 104 mb

Bio:

Album:

Musical phenomenon ROBBY VALENTINE is releasing his new album, ”Embrace the Unknown”, written, composed, and naturally, all instruments and vocals were exclusively created and recorded by Robby.With ”Embrace the Unknown”, the thirteenth studio album of his impressive career, Valentine once again delivers a piece of work that showcases his versatility as an artist.There is no denying the influence of the styles of Valentine’s musical heroes on this album. Fans of Queen, The Beatles, and all AOR / Pomp Rock form the 70s/80s will find it a perfect fit in their collection of rock legends. For collectors, in addition to the CD format, expect a vinyl release in 2024.The title track is about that loss, and the struggle of having to accept that fate. According to Valentine himself, this is the most beautiful rock ballad he has ever made.Robby Valentine constantly managed to impress. Whether he was paving the way for dramatic pomp-rock and reviving the Queen-vibe or bordering pop with heavy rock, the man has become iconic in his musical journey towards stardom.Chart-busting the Dutch and Japanese/Asian market in the early 90s with his ballad ,,Over and over again”, the composer and performer-extravaganza kept injecting powerful melodies and slick memorable hooks into pompous songs full of spiraling drama.Taking classic rock and Queen as clean sheet to present his own take on music, Robby has established himself amongst rock royalty, overlooked by the masses.With his eye-sight degrading rapidly, the colorful timid musician now faces a multitude of challenges. His career got overshadowed by degrading sight, Robby is more afraid of losing sight on his loved ones, his wife and daughter. His heart in the right place, the singer recharged to embrace the unknown, battling the darkness while radiating light.”Embrace the Unknown” has Mr. Valentine releasing the one of most wonderful albums of his 3-decade-spanning career. Packed with a ton of tracks easily finding way into heart of the listener and fans, the album is bold of gold to be mined. Emphasizing his abilities, Robby creates here some of his strongest and most powerful songs ever.He is on fire.Queen is being dismantled and left as Schlager-artists on the opening track. Building the most wonderful theme atop of the boldest melodies and hooks rock has yet discovered. ,,Break the Chain” is discharging an enormous amount of energy and musical genius, directing nesting melodies and hooks straight into the listeners heart and soul. The song lands like an Airbus Beluga XL on a tiny landing strip, harmoniously balancing its heavy load. Hammering drums, dramatic twists and rousing choruses are intertwined with sound fragments empowering the lyrical content.Fighting back, the song pitches high and touches all boxes of drama and pomp, bordering with glam. Colorful keys swirl, drums in stop ‘n go motion, and Valentine adding his valor. Towards the end, the song becomes more stagnant and reveals its social critical views with a David Icke speech fragment supported by Robby’s ominous piano strokes.Going green-tinted, Robby draws in Beatles signatures and choruses on the lush and cinematic ,,Don’t Give up on a Miracle”, where he fuses the Fab Four with Queen and Frankie Valli’s Four Seasons.Delving even deeper in drama, Robby evokes a ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band’ diversity of styles fusing swing and Lennon-psyche on the emitting Broadway-like ,,Life is a Lesson”. He manages to unite the best ingredients of English rock’s most defining glam bands and Styx era pomp with toned swing.Digging deeper, Robby roars loud and violently. Opened with the same swing that morphs into feelgood strum, ,,Never Fall in Line” is an acronym of the diversity the man can bring to the front. Multi-layered and close harmony segments fused to contrasting rousing guitars it oozes slick and brightness. The strut is tremendous and the song enrolls like an emotional rollercoaster.Another roller-coaster is the bass-growled ,,Roll up Your Sleeves”, radiating extreme swagger with gigantic biting vim and energy atop of the slick harmonies and pomp. Heavy and gritty guitars fused to the ‘breaking’ drums and parading hooks create the frame for Robby to shoot his intricate phrased vocal melodies into orbit. There’s a Gun narrative feel copping the Queen pomp.More progressive and rockier, ,,Shadowland” revive the classic musical era of Lennon and McCartney while kicking May and Deacon in the nuts. Robby dramas-up the game, making Mr. Mercury and Sir Paul look pale around their noses.Powerful melodic rock perfectly glides into the ominous swirling keys of powerhouse melodic rocker ,,Take Me to the Light”. Robby’s vocals are full of drama and exchange frailty with exquisite outbursts of melodic mastery. The guitars are raw and riff-driven. Drums propel the insane dynamics and dramatic hooks. Guitars raiting licks and riffs. Synth and sound effects add the twist of modernity on top of the classic structures.Absolutely wonderful is the gut-wrecking ,,My Friend (in the End)” building on his best and most powerful ballads written. The song wells with emotion, with Robby belting out his agony over subtle mellotron and piano. Building power gradually, it is his best ballad recorded.Taking the dramatic turn of power-ballads one step further, ,,Show the Way” goes more cinematic. Modern sound effects and echoing drum effects extend the mood conveying Robby’s emotions that haunt with their repetitive lyrical outpout. The song’s solo is absolutely astounding, bordering with Vai, Petrucci and Prince.The apotheoses of ‘Embrace the Unknown’ is in the tail. Stinging with biographical content, the song is frail, welling with restrained emotional power. Robby looks introspective, searching explanation for his state and seeking refuge in his love for his family and his love for music. “I should have been a father, like my father was to me”. “I should have been a husband, one you can depend upon. But I’m helpless like a baby now the clouds have blocked my sun”.Fusing the influences with Styx-reminiscent structures dominated by heavy-ing up keys and hardening guitars and drums, Valentine makes waves addressing his present state and the unknown. I’m baffled and shaken deep in my emotional state.“I should have been a rock star” … and “I rise like a tiger locked inside a cage”, emphasize his worries and stride. Unable to find answers and refuge, he seeks solace in this album, radiating his state-of-mind and his presence-of-being over the loss of sight. “I must embrace the unknown” he belts out with withheld emotion and frail tone…The glorious orchestration midway shakes up to the end, making the album go out in magnum opus.‘Embrace the Unknown’ is the ‘biographical’ soundtrack of a musical fanatic facing his utmost challenge. Calling out his demons and facing his future, Robby Valentine creates a compelling and tempting melodic rock album. Universally alluring Rob’s new album perfectly adds to his discography.There’s tons of Queen pompous theatrical drama weld onto the carcass of rock driven Beatlesque melodies and close-harmony vocals and melody structures with Valentine’s own unique tricks of the trade.Experiencing ‘Embrace the Unknown’ in its ominous and optimistic form, Robby Valentine shapes the future for his fans and listeners, inspiring those beaten to stand tall and face tomorrow.

Line Up:

Rob Winter – programming, guitar

Tracklist:

01. Break the Chain
02. Don’t Give Up on a Miracle
03. Never Fall in Line
04. Life is a Lesson
05. My Friend (in the End)
06. Roll Up Your Sleeves
07. Show The Way
08. Shadowland
09. Take Me to the Light
10. Embrace the Unknown

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Robby Valentine (HOLLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Máj 2024, 06:29

Robby Valentine - Embrace The Unknown (2023) (2CD) (Japan Special Edition 2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Japan Special Edition 2024)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Size : 240 mb

Bio:

Album:

Musical phenomenon ROBBY VALENTINE released his new album ”Embrace the Unknown’ at the end on 2023, written, composed, and naturally, all instruments and vocals were exclusively created and recorded by Robby. With ”Embrace the Unknown”, the thirteenth studio album of his impressive career, Valentine once again delivers a piece of work that showcases his versatility as an artist.Now 2024 is being released only in Japan “Embrace The Unknown [2-CD Special Edition]“, not only including the album plus 3 exclusive bonus tracks for Japan, but an additional disc containing the piano version of the entire album. It’s a limited edition, almost sold out.There is no denying the influence of the styles of Valentine’s musical heroes on this album. Fans of Queen, The Beatles, and all AOR / Pomp Rock form the 70s/80s will find it a perfect fit in their collection of rock legends.The title track is about that loss, and the struggle of having to accept that fate. According to Valentine himself, this is the most beautiful rock ballad he has ever made.”Embrace the Unknown” has Mr. Valentine releasing the one of most wonderful albums of his 3-decade-spanning career. Packed with a ton of tracks easily finding way into heart of the listener and fans, the album is bold of gold to be mined. Emphasizing his abilities, Robby creates here some of his strongest and most powerful songs ever.He is on fire.Robby Valentine constantly managed to impress. Whether he was paving the way for dramatic pomp-rock and reviving the Queen-vibe or bordering pop with heavy rock, the man has become iconic in his musical journey towards stardom.Chart-busting the Dutch and Japanese/Asian market in the early 90s with his ballad ,,Over and over again”, the composer and performer-extravaganza kept injecting powerful melodies and slick memorable hooks into pompous songs full of spiraling drama.Taking classic rock and Queen as clean sheet to present his own take on music, Robby has established himself amongst rock royalty, overlooked by the masses.With his eye-sight degrading rapidly, the colorful timid musician now faces a multitude of challenges. His career got overshadowed by degrading sight, Robby is more afraid of losing sight on his loved ones, his wife and daughter. His heart in the right place, the singer recharged to embrace the unknown, battling the darkness while radiating light.Queen is being dismantled and left as Schlager-artists on the opening track. Building the most wonderful theme atop of the boldest melodies and hooks rock has yet discovered. ,,Break the Chain” is discharging an enormous amount of energy and musical genius, directing nesting melodies and hooks straight into the listeners heart and soul. The song lands like an Airbus Beluga XL on a tiny landing strip, harmoniously balancing its heavy load. Hammering drums, dramatic twists and rousing choruses are intertwined with sound fragments empowering the lyrical content.Fighting back, the song pitches high and touches all boxes of drama and pomp, bordering with glam. Colorful keys swirl, drums in stop ‘n go motion, and Valentine adding his valor. Towards the end, the song becomes more stagnant and reveals its social critical views with a David Icke speech fragment supported by Robby’s ominous piano strokes.Going green-tinted, Robby draws in Beatles signatures and choruses on the lush and cinematic ,,Don’t Give up on a Miracle”, where he fuses the Fab Four with Queen and Frankie Valli’s Four Seasons.Delving even deeper in drama, Robby evokes a ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band’ diversity of styles fusing swing and Lennon-psyche on the emitting Broadway-like ,,Life is a Lesson”. He manages to unite the best ingredients of English rock’s most defining glam bands and Styx era pomp with toned swing.Digging deeper, Robby roars loud and violently. Opened with the same swing that morphs into feelgood strum, ,,Never Fall in Line” is an acronym of the diversity the man can bring to the front. Multi-layered and close harmony segments fused to contrasting rousing guitars it oozes slick and brightness. The strut is tremendous and the song enrolls like an emotional rollercoaster.Another roller-coaster is the bass-growled ,,Roll up Your Sleeves”, radiating extreme swagger with gigantic biting vim and energy atop of the slick harmonies and pomp. Heavy and gritty guitars fused to the ‘breaking’ drums and parading hooks create the frame for Robby to shoot his intricate phrased vocal melodies into orbit. There’s a Gun narrative feel copping the Queen pomp.More progressive and rockier, ,,Shadowland” revive the classic musical era of Lennon and McCartney while kicking May and Deacon in the nuts. Robby dramas-up the game, making Mr. Mercury and Sir Paul look pale around their noses.Powerful melodic rock perfectly glides into the ominous swirling keys of powerhouse melodic rocker ,,Take Me to the Light”. Robby’s vocals are full of drama and exchange frailty with exquisite outbursts of melodic mastery. The guitars are raw and riff-driven. Drums propel the insane dynamics and dramatic hooks. Guitars raining licks and riffs. Synth and sound effects add the twist of modernity on top of the classic structures.Absolutely wonderful is the gut-wrecking ,,My Friend (in the End)” building on his best and most powerful ballads written. The song wells with emotion, with Robby belting out his agony over subtle mellotron and piano. Building power gradually, it is his best ballad recorded.Taking the dramatic turn of power-ballads one step further, ,,Show the Way” goes more cinematic. Modern sound effects and echoing drum effects extend the mood conveying Robby’s emotions that haunt with their repetitive lyrical output. The song’s solo is absolutely astounding, bordering with Vai, Petrucci and Prince.The apotheoses of ‘Embrace the Unknown’ is in the tail. Stinging with biographical content, the song is frail, welling with restrained emotional power. Robby looks introspective, searching explanation for his state and seeking refuge in his love for his family and his love for music. “I should have been a father, like my father was to me”. “I should have been a husband, one you can depend upon. But I’m helpless like a baby now the clouds have blocked my sun”.Fusing the influences with Styx-reminiscent structures dominated by heavy-ing up keys and hardening guitars and drums, Valentine makes waves addressing his present state and the unknown. I’m baffled and shaken deep in my emotional state.“I should have been a rock star” … and “I rise like a tiger locked inside a cage”, emphasize his worries and stride. Unable to find answers and refuge, he seeks solace in this album, radiating his state-of-mind and his presence-of-being over the loss of sight. “I must embrace the unknown” he belts out with withheld emotion and frail tone…The glorious orchestration midway shakes up to the end, making the album go out in magnum opus.‘Embrace the Unknown’ is the ‘biographical’ soundtrack of a musical fanatic facing his utmost challenge. Calling out his demons and facing his future, Robby Valentine creates a compelling and tempting melodic rock album. Universally alluring Rob’s new album perfectly adds to his discography.There’s tons of Queen pompous theatrical drama weld onto the carcass of rock driven Beatlesque melodies and close-harmony vocals and melody structures with Valentine’s own unique tricks of the trade.Experiencing ‘Embrace the Unknown’ in its ominous and optimistic form, Robby Valentine shapes the future for his fans and listeners, inspiring those beaten to stand tall and face tomorrow.

Line Up:

Production:

Record Company – King Record Co. Ltd
Phonographic Copyright ℗ – ValentineMusic
Copyright © – ValentineMusic
Licensed From – ValentineMusic
Mastered At – FineTune
Cover, Artwork – Erick Tavares
Design, Layout – Pim Derks
Film Director – Sebastiaan Spijker
Image Editor [Additional] – Guillermo Sulbarán
Liner Notes – Robby Valentine
Mastered By – Peter van 't Riet
Photography By – Anneke Beumer, Dirk van den Heuvel, Hans van Eijsden, Marc van Peski, Silvana Breur
Written-By, Recorded By, Producer, Mixed By, Performer – Robby Valentine

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Break the Chain
02. Don’t Give Up on a Miracle
03. Never Fall in Line
04. Life is a Lesson
05. My Friend (in the End)
06. Roll Up Your Sleeves
07. Show The Way
08. Shadowland
09. Take Me to the Light
10. Embrace the Unknown
11. Chain Break Concerto (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Running Deep Running High (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Radio Police (Japan Bonus Track)

CD2:

01. Break the Chain (Piano Version)
02. Don’t Give up on a Miracle (Piano Version)
03. Never Fall in Line (Piano Version)
04. Life is a Lesson (Piano Version)
05. My Friend (in the End) (Piano Version)
06. Roll Up Your Sleeves (Piano Version)
07. Show the Way (Piano Version)
08. Shadowland (Piano Version)
09. Take me to the Light (Piano Version)
10. Embrace the Unknown (Piano Version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Majestic-12 [Bot] a 2 neregistrovaní