Tarot (AUSTRALIA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Tarot (AUSTRALIA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 14:47

Tarot - Reflections (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Tarot is a hard rock/heavy metal band from Australia.Tarot began in 2011, it was pretty much the result of me always being a fan of stuff like Uriah Heep, Rainbow, Deep Purple etc and experimenting writing riffs on the organ. However I didn’t want to try and incorporate these different elements into what I was doing with The Wizar’d, so it seemed like the logical thing to do to start a new band.Are the line-ups identical for Dracula and Tarot? Are other members of these acts involved in The Wizar’d too?– The lineups for all three bands are different. We are all friends who have similar taste in music, but it’s not the same three guys making up all these bands. I guess I write almost all the music for both Tarot and The Wizar’d, so there will definitely be some similarities in the songwriting but I try to keep them as much of their own separate entities as possible. In my eyes there wouldn’t be much point having three bands that sound exactly the same.

Album:

I don’t think anyone can deny the sort of magic that stems from the synth-laden hard rock of the 60s and 70s. Perhaps it’s only because these sorts of sounds have become naturally ingrained with this imagery over the decades, but does any sound better represent the wonders of magic and might, wizards and warriors, than the long-haired anthems of these psychedelia-addled daydreamers? It’s hard to evoke any other image once you hear those dusty synthesisers roll on in. While Australia’s hard-rocking Tarot still sound clean and without the dated hums of an older recording to inflect the appropriate nostalgia, there’s no shaking the feeling you get when listening to Reflections for the first time. It’s just like the feeling you got when you first heard Demons and Wizards, or Legend’s Fröm the Fjörds. There’s wonder, excitement and elation at the embraced intones of these old, forgotten sounds. For the next half an hour, Tarot welcomes you back to that world.Reflections performs exactly as advertised. It’s just a full-on, heavy dose of psychedelic hard rock right to the heart. Don’t fix what isn’t broken, right? The rip-roaring opener ‘Autumn Conjuration’ sucks you in with its whirlwind of irresistible melodic leads, acoustic beauty and shows you the short and skinny of it. ‘Heed the Call’ demonstrates that tried and true, fist-pumping, galloping hymnal we’re all familiar with. ‘Strange Dimensions’ is the slow-burning epic that takes you to…well, strange dimensions. And if the drum work on ‘Cloak and Dagger’ isn’t some of the most subtly impressive musicianship on the album, then it’s probably all other aspects of the music, considering how goddamn tight this whole thing sounds.It’s fair to deduce that an album like Reflections will naturally resonate the most (and perhaps, only) with those who have their heart shaped with this sound. Hearkening to the children who grew up with heavy psych and hard rock in their ears and a lust for fantasy that they never truly lost. From those opening acoustic guitar strings, the soaring, majestic electric guitar and the rising synths, you’re lost within its eerily familiar trappings. Tarot has created the ultimate anthem to epic metal in 2016.

Line Up:

The Hermit - Vocals, Guitars, Organ, Keyboards (2011-present) - See also: Space Raven, The Wizar'd, Torpedo, Dracula
The Hierophant - Bass (2014-present)
The Magician - Drums (2014-present)

Tracklist:

01. Autumn Conjuration 05:26
02. Heed the Call 04:15
03. Strange Dimensions 05:48
04. Cloak and Dagger 06:34
05. Reflections 02:09
06. Mountain Throne 04:11
07. Living for Today 05:44

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Tarot (AUSTRALIA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Apr 2024, 15:28

Tarot - Glimpse Of The Dawn (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 96 mb

Bio:

Tarot is a hard rock/heavy metal band from Australia.Tarot began in 2011, it was pretty much the result of me always being a fan of stuff like Uriah Heep, Rainbow, Deep Purple etc and experimenting writing riffs on the organ. However I didn’t want to try and incorporate these different elements into what I was doing with The Wizar’d, so it seemed like the logical thing to do to start a new band.Are the line-ups identical for Dracula and Tarot? Are other members of these acts involved in The Wizar’d too?– The lineups for all three bands are different. We are all friends who have similar taste in music, but it’s not the same three guys making up all these bands. I guess I write almost all the music for both Tarot and The Wizar’d, so there will definitely be some similarities in the songwriting but I try to keep them as much of their own separate entities as possible. In my eyes there wouldn’t be much point having three bands that sound exactly the same.

Album:

Eight years between a debut and sophomore album is a lifetime for a band. Members can leave, personalities can change, influences can shift. Australia’s Tarot unveiled its first full-length release in 2016, drawing inspiration from the likes of Uriah Heep and Rainbow. Now they’re primed for Glimpse of the Dawn, a sophomore release nearly a decade in the making. But 50 years between a scene’s heyday and bands now imitating the style? That’s a literal lifetime for many humans. As much as this may wound my parents, the 70s were a long time ago. So what do I make of Tarot’s anachronous sound? Tarot is steeped in the rocking swagger of the 1970s, drawing clear influence from the aforementioned bands in a similar fashion to Hällas. It falls somewhere in the hard rock / proto-heavy metal gap. Sure, the guitars are the priority but the sound is rounded out with an obligatory Hammond organ, cool drum fills and smooth vocals. While Glimpse of the Dawn isn’t overtly progressive, the organ, mellotron, and surprisingly technical riffs tap into the same progressive vein that its influences use. Such fusions of rock music are hardly innovative but the result is just as fantastical as it always was. “The Vagabond’s Return” exemplifies Tarot’s qualities, boasting jaunty riffs, expressive harmonies, an energetic tone, and other-worldly concepts. It evokes an era of music that was deliberately not grounded in reality. Why did popular music become so obsessed with depictions of reality? I enjoy creative escapism, even if the consequence is grandiose, ridiculous nonsense. Glimpse of the Dawn is tired of normal and prefers adventure.More than mere adventure, Tarot offers nourishment for the heart and brain. My emotions enjoy the 70s warmth and fantasy spectacle, while my thoughts enjoy the layered compositions and technical but not nerdy leads. There are loads of great riffs distributed throughout; little moments that make you go “fuck yeah!” In particular, the lead on the title track and the lick from 4:00 on “Dreamer in the Dark” excel. These moments all orient around the guitar, whether riffs, solos or transitions. Glimpse of the Dawn is a guitar-heavy album in its run-time and quality. The guitars are everywhere on the record, but the album’s strengths are all guitars too. The back half of “The Winding Road” is a guitarist’s wet dream, fusing delightfully groovy leads with frenzied solos and badass harmonies. The vocals are relatively limited by comparison to avoid distracting from the real draw here. Tarot makes technical instrumentation sound easy, and that partly derives from the lively, organic-sounding production. The roomy master and spacious mix give ample breathing room to the warm drums, light keyboards, and crunchy guitars.Glimpse of the Dawn therefore has a lot going for it, across themes, feel, riffs, and production. But it’s also the case that all tracks follow the same style and sound. There are no curveballs or unexpected inclusions. Moreover, the vocals are solid but not outstanding, either in technical ability or melodic strength. So many of the 70s greats had standout singers or catch vocal melodies spread across their albums. Tarot has a decent singer and decent vocal melodies but they’re fairly average compared with the guitars. The result is that the songs don’t always sound incredibly distinct; the band knows stays within its comfort zone. This may flow from the improv-led way in which the album was recorded. It’s easier to jam out some cool guitar leads than some cool vocal leads.Still, this is a fairly minor quibble in the face of a release that does a lot to inject joy into my brain. Glimpse of the Dawn makes me weep for a bygone era when guitar music reigned supreme and ordinary folk might have heard stuff like this on the radio. It may only be a sophomore full-length but it sounds like the assured, confident output of a far more productive group. The best music invokes an emotional response and Tarot taps into my emotions by leaning into the fantasy and escapism of my favorite 70s rock bands. You’ve no choice but to listen to this if you enjoy 70s rock like I do.

Line Up:

The Hermit - Guitars (2011-2016), Vocals, Organ, Keyboards (2011-present) - See also: Dracula, Spectre, The Wizar'd, Torpedo, ex-Space Raven, Crypt Vapor, Gloomy Reflections
Felix Russell - Guitars (2016-present) - See also: Woe, ex-Backlash, ex-The Wizar'd, ex-Taurus
David Walsh - Bass, Vocals - See also: ex-Taberah
The Magician - Drums
Dave Harrington-George - Organ, Synthesizers - See also: Spectre

Tracklist:

01. Glimpse of the Dawn 05:15
02. The Winding Road 04:51
03. Leshy's Warning 05:13
04. Echoes Through Time 04:38
05. The Harrier 02:14 instrumental
06. The Vagabond's Return 05:50
07. Dreamer in the Dark 06:43
08. Heavy Weighs the Crown 07:06

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných